Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Experience - 19th September 2011

26 Jul 2011 Kat asked

Kat

Hey Guys!

Just wondering who else is going on this tour???
I'm heading off by myself and would love to get to know some of you before i go!

• 3 Sep 2011 Rhychelle said

Rhychelle

does anyone know if you have to pick up your own luggage at KL airport when transferring?
    Rhett and i booked ridiculously cheap flights which means we have a stop over in KL from Perth AUS and then have to make our way from stansted at 6am to russell square. boo! :P

Rhychelle

in way of luggage Roopa, we got duffle bag style bags which are like 1cm longer than the limit but a few cmss thinner. they have an extendable handle so work as a bag or a suitcase depending what you want, they were pretty cheap too. dont get hard cases though, they are heavier and often crack or splinter when in transit.

• 3 Sep 2011 Kat said

Kat

Hey guys, so if your travelling from Australia your sleeping bag is not included, it must be purchased before you go on the tour, we will be going 6 nights in the bag to so i have been told anything from 3+ is great.
    I’m taking just a nice big black suitcase that has wheels on the bottom and just a day bag, should be enough…… i hope :)

Rhychelle

can you purchase decent sleeping bags when you get to london? the ones in perth are all pretty expensive for a light weight small one, id rather purcahse one when i get over there than have it included as weight on the flight over.

• 3 Sep 2011 Sharii :] said

Sharii :]

I am getting one today as small and cheap as I can and ditching it for the way home – sleeping bag that is.

In terms of luggage I have a suitcase and a small backpack for the day to day stuff :]

• 3 Sep 2011 Matt and Trav Dowling said

Matt and Trav Dowling

i have a big suitcase with wheels and a handle and also just a day pack. i just brought a cheap sleeping bag from a camping shop here and will just leave it over there if i dont have room to bring it back. ps 12 days till we fly out :)

Oh my gosh I know!!!!!!! I just bought all the stuff I need. Only a couple more things and then staqrt packing :] yay!!

Matt and Trav Dowling

do we need a beach towel and a bath towel or what? im a bit confused lol!

I am brining one of those quick dry bath towels… i dont think there is too much opportuinty to go swimming.

Matt and Trav Dowling

hey everybody add me on fb http://www.facebook.com/#!/travvv :)

• 3 Sep 2011 Nick said

Nick

I’m bringing a suitcase and just a day pack too, tried packing things into my suitcase today to make sure it will fit and couldnt get everything in :( I think you can buy sleeping bags at the basement or something but I’m not sure.
    Sharii-Yeah i’m bringing on of those quick dry towels I figure that we aren’t gonna be doing heaps of swimming hahah

• 3 Sep 2011 Nick said

Nick

Is anyone else arriving at Heathrow on the 18th in the morning at like 7?

• 3 Sep 2011 Roopa said

Roopa

Alright, I think I’ll go with the suitcase then, it will be much easier to pack and find things in.
    I never thought about those quick dry towels, might have to get me one of those today :)

• 3 Sep 2011 Marni said

Default_avatar

sorry for giving out false info! i wonder why they only provide people from certain places with sleeping bags. does anyone know how big the bag we carry on the bus can be? is anyone bringing a backpack? i was thinking of it, but not sure if its too big. thanks to all who have shared information on here, its really helpful :)

• 3 Sep 2011 Heather said

Heather

Brandon- We canadians are provided with a sleeping bag.

As for luggage, i was planning on bring a large travel backpack and a small day bag for each day so i can put a sweater in it and maybe some snacks for when we are travelling around. Itll be pretty small so i can fit it onto my lap when we are on the bus or under the seat.

• 4 Sep 2011 Nick said

Nick

Yeah i was gonna bring a backpack but I dont know if it’s gonna be to big or not…anyways 14 days to go yew!

• 5 Sep 2011 megan said

Default_avatar

Hi to everyone,
    My name is Megan, I am 20 years old, and I am from Saskatchewan, Canada. I am traveling with my buddy Mike. We are arriving on Sept 18th around 1030 am and staying at the Royal National. At the end of the tour we are extending our stay in London (again staying at the Royal National) until October 12th. Can’t wait to meet everyone!!

• 5 Sep 2011 Sharii :] said

Nice to meet you Megan and Mike :] a few of us seem to be around after so there will be no shortage of people to hang with. See you soon!

• 6 Sep 2011 Sammysam said

Sammysam

Hey everyone. Seems as tho i joined this discussion a bit late, but anyways.. My name is Sammy and im 24 and im travelling with my friend Annette and she is 20. We are from Queensland, Australia… seems as tho theres alot of aussies going on this tour! We are staying at the Royal before and after the tour. And so is everyone else pretty much! great! Well i guess ill meet u all in the Contiki Basement!! 2 weeks to go!!!

• 6 Sep 2011 Nick said

Nick

Hey Megan and Mike looking forward to seeing you guys in London I think a few of us are arriving on the 18th so you wont be alone :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.