Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Vista 2nd January 2012

28 Jul 2011 Stu asked

Stu

Just seeing who may be going on the Vista tour leaving the 2nd of January.
I'll be traveling solo and will be my first time overseas so would be great to get to know some people before departing :)

• 1 Aug 2011 Tori said

Default_avatar

The 2nd until the 22nd? If so me and my mate are both going!

• 1 Aug 2011 Stu said

Stu

That’s the one, a while to go yet but still really excited about it.
    Where are you guys from?

• 2 Aug 2011 Tori said

Default_avatar

Both from Australia, QLD. It’s not too far away, 149 days and counting.

• 5 Aug 2011 Stu said

Stu
    I’m from VIC. Will be spending New Years in London too so it will be an awesome start to the year with that and the tour
  • 30 Aug 2011 Tracey said

Tracey

My flat mate and I will be joining you also. We are also from VIC. I’ve been to the UK and a small part of Europe before but its my flat mates first time in that part of the World. We too will be spending New Years in London. 121 days!

• 31 Aug 2011 Tori said

Default_avatar

Not long now! We’ll be spending new years on the plane… I’ve never been before so it’ll be a good experience :)

• 11 Oct 2011 rach_118 said

Default_avatar

I’m going to!! I’ll be with a group of friends and we’re all from NSW and will also be in London for NYE!! Only 75 days till I head over there!!

• 11 Oct 2011 Wilhouse said

Wilhouse

Hey! I am going with 2 friends also. We’re from Brisbane. Spending NYE in Edinburgh and then getting a bus down on new years day. We’re really looking forward to it!

• 16 Oct 2011 Adrian said

Adrian

74 days until I’m leaving for this tour. I will be staying in London for New Years with my house mate.
    I can’t wait!! A holiday where I won’t bump into any of my students

• 20 Oct 2011 Stu said

Stu

No shortage of Aussies on this tour, haha.
    Edinburgh seems like the place to be Wilhouse, friends have convinced me to make the effort to get there for New Years.
    Anyone staying at the Royal national the night before we leave?

• 20 Oct 2011 Tracey said

Tracey

Adrian (my flat mate) and I will be staying at the Royal National a few nights before the tour and we are doing the 5 day Lindon explorer after the European Vista.

• 27 Nov 2011 Smurf said

Smurf

Hey everyone! I’m Sarah and my cousin Laura and I are from VIC. We’re also spending New Year’s Eve in London, seeing a matinee of Les Miserables during the day but unsure still what to do at night. Anyone else going to at the Royal National that night?

• 6 Dec 2011 Stu said

Stu

Not long to go now, can’t wait.
    Anyone got some good tips or essentials to take on tour?

• 7 Dec 2011 M_Gotti said

M_Gotti

Hi Guys, I’m Michael and I am from WA. I will be in Edinburgh for NYE, can’t wait.
    Apparently it is suppose to be their worst winter this year so might be wise to get a bus ticket back just in case planes and trains are snowed in.

• 8 Dec 2011 Tori said

Default_avatar

Really? The worst winter… now I’m worried about warm clothes… haha

• 8 Dec 2011 Tracey said

Tracey

From what little research I have done it looks like England’s weather is going to be in their average zone with a few mild patches for December and early January. It’s looking more likely that the weather will turn colder towards mid to late January and will be at its worst in February with below average temperatures. For some places we are going to in Europe however, their average temp it between -5 to -1 for January. I’d look at packing for -7 to 10 degrees. I would say thermals is a MUST since most of us will be coming from temperatures in the 30’s, and heavy jackets.

• 9 Dec 2011 Explorer1330702 said

Default_avatar

Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi! haha Me and my 3 friends are going on this tour too and we’re all from NSW. Woooo excitement!!!!!

• 9 Dec 2011 Tori said

Default_avatar

Me and My friend are from Central QLD, the coldest place I’ve been is Brisbane… so we are sooo not used to the cold haha yes thermals definatley. It’s sooooooooo CLOSE NOW!!! :D

• 14 Dec 2011 Jacoobs said

Jacoobs

Super keen. Getting close now, bring it on

• 26 Dec 2011 Explorer1335424 said

Default_avatar

Hi my name is Filomena. Me and my friend Claudia from WA are going too :)
    We’ll be staying in London for New years!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion