Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing Vietnam Highlights on 19 September?

29 Jul 2011 Tatts89 asked

Tatts89

Just looking to find some people on this tour! Would love to get to know some of the people I'll be travelling with!

• 30 Jul 2011 Explorer1262831 said

Explorer1262831

Hey! :) I’m going on this tour too. I’m Rachel, 29, from Sydney. So excited for Vietnam hey. It says our tour is now full…can’t wait :)

• 31 Jul 2011 Tatts89 said

Tatts89

Im Kate, 22 (or I will be at that stage!), from Adelaide! This is my first overseas trip so I can’t wait!

• 1 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

Hi Rachel, I’m Leah, 25, from Adelaide. I’m Kate’s cousin and we’re travelling together.
    I can’t wait for the tour – it should be awesome!!
    Are you travelling with anybody?

• 1 Aug 2011 Explorer1262831 said

Explorer1262831

Hey leah, nice to meet you :) Im travelling alone but happy i know two people now, hehe. Not long til our trip, less than 7 wks, woohoo!!

• 1 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

Nice to meet you too!! :-)
    Yeah hopefully the next 7 weeks go quickly!! When are you arrving in Ho Chi Minh? We’re getting there on the morning of the 18th. We fly out of Adelaide on the 17th and overnight in KL on our way there.
    We paid off the trip and sent off our visa applications on Thursday which was exciting!!….time to save more money again though lol

• 2 Aug 2011 Explorer1262831 said

Explorer1262831

Hey Leah, yeah im getting to Ho Chi Minh quite late on the night of the 18th… so maybe we could meet up a little earlier on the 19th and have a drink before the meeting?? :)

• 2 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

Yeah sounds like a good plan to me!! :-) We’re doing a half day trip to the Cu Chi Tunnels that morning but I think we get dropped back at the hotel at around 12:30pm so we’ll be floating around the place all afternoon.
    When do you leave Hanoi to come home again?

• 3 Aug 2011 Explorer1262831 said

Explorer1262831

We’ll definitely have to meet up in the afternoon before the meeting, I wonder how we can do this? :)
    I leave Hanoi that afternoon after the tour finishes. :)

• 3 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

We’ll just look for the lonely Aussie in the hotel…..Haha kidding!
    Have you got Facebook? Add me on there if you like and we can swap details.
    I’ll probably have my phone with me while we’re away so I can give you my number :-)

• 3 Aug 2011 Explorer1262831 said

Explorer1262831

Ok I’ll add you now :) yep I’ll have my phone too.. Addicted to it even in Vietnam!

• 3 Aug 2011 Tatts89 said

Tatts89

I love that you guys are organising all this & I just have to sit here and be excited!!!

• 3 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

Haha enjoy it while you can…you can do all the hard work while we’re away…like get the drinks! ;-)

• 3 Aug 2011 Tatts89 said

Tatts89

Get the drinks… drink the drinks… All the same! :)

• 6 Aug 2011 Mick80 said

Default_avatar

Hi Rachel – you say the tour is fully booked – do you know how many people are on the tour?
    Cheers

• 6 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

Hi Michael,
    In the Contiki brochure it says they average about 25 people per tour in Asia.
    Leah

• 7 Aug 2011 1banshee said

1banshee

Hey guys! my sister Hivet and I will be on the vietnam experience starting on the 17th i’m not sure but I think it’s the same group as yours the only difference is that we do the mekong delta first and then we join the rest of the group in ho chiming on the 19th; by the way my name is Moises and we are from San Diego…

• 8 Aug 2011 Explorer1262831 said

Explorer1262831

Hey moises!! nice to meet you, i was starting to think kate, Leah and I were the only ones on this trip, hehehe :)

• 8 Aug 2011 LTatts85 said

LTatts85

Hi moises, good to meet you!! Haha yeah I’m with Rachel…I was wondering where everybody else was. Are you looking forward to the trip? When do you arrive in Vietnam?
    Leah

• 8 Aug 2011 Tatts89 said

Tatts89

Hi Moises!
    Yeah somehow I don’t think 5 of us consists of a full group so theres still many missing haha :)

• 9 Aug 2011 1banshee said

1banshee

well now it’s great meeting all three of you!! and yes leah, vietnam has been a dream for a few years now so I am very excited; we will be going to thailand and laos first and will be ariving in nam on the 16th; i’m looking forward meeting all of you in person and have a few beers!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion