Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Adventurer Sept 1 (Leaving London Sept 3)

30 Jul 2011 Megan <3 asked

Megan <3

Just wondering if anyone out there has booked this trip? Only a month now!

• 31 Jul 2011 Explorer1213524 said

Default_avatar

I can’t wait. Where are you at in Alberta? I live south of Wainwright.

• 31 Jul 2011 Emily Grace said

Emily Grace

I just booked it!

• 31 Jul 2011 Megan <3 said

Megan <3

I’m from Calgary, girl! We’re practically neighbours (in the global scheme of things). Exciting!

Where are you from, Emily?

• 31 Jul 2011 Emily Grace said

Emily Grace

I’m from California. Is this your guys’ first Contiki trip?

• 31 Jul 2011 Explorer1213524 said

Default_avatar

This is my first trip with contiki. My boses daughter went to austrial for a month on one of their tours and had a bast.

• 1 Aug 2011 Megan <3 said

Megan <3

Yeah, this is my first too. My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Europe and see everything. This seemed like the easiest way!

• 2 Aug 2011 Megan.Sykes25 said

Megan.Sykes25

I just booked it too! I am going alone though – anyone else in the same boat?

• 2 Aug 2011 Emily Grace said

Emily Grace

I’m going solo too! Where are you from?

Megan.Sykes25

Good to hear! I’m from Phoenix, AZ. You?

• 2 Aug 2011 Emily Grace said

Emily Grace

Originally from the Bay Area, CA but living in Sacramento. I’m so excited!

Megan.Sykes25

Me too! Ever done anything like it? This is my first “solo” trip – went to Orvieto, Italy for study abroad last Summer but I’m out of college now so Studying Abroad isn’t an option for me anymore haha

• 3 Aug 2011 Emily Grace said

Emily Grace

I went to Paris when I was in 6th grade…but thats about it! I wanted to study abroad in college and it never happened so I’ve been dying to go since I graduated college last year. This is my first solo trip too. Since you’ve been abroad already any packing advice?

• 3 Aug 2011 Megan.Sykes25 said

Megan.Sykes25

Well I can say it will probably be much different living on a bus than in an apartment… I read a bunch of stuff that said pack light but I know I am pretty much incapable of doing so.. I would assume to pack some going out outfits, a mix of pants and jeans, and wedges instead of heels because on cobblestone heels = death (at least thats how it was for me in Italy). I found a great discussion post thing on here under “travel” called “what i wish i knew before i left” or something like that, thats pretty much where I have gotten all my info!

• 3 Aug 2011 danigirl323 said

danigirl323

Hey everyone! Im in on this trip too! Im happy I found this forum because I was starting to get curious about who my fellow travellers would be. My brother and I are going together. We’re from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Its both our first times with Contiki as well as to Europe. @Megan.Sykes25, its good to know other people will be having the same packing issues as I will! I always pack enough for 10 people. And we’re gonna be in europe so we GOTTA look awesome. Haha. I hope to keep in touch with everyone, if anyone has facebook and wants to add each other or create a group my name is Danielle Resch.

• 3 Aug 2011 Megan <3 said

Megan <3

Yeah, I always pack way too much, but it’s better to have too much then get there and realize you wish you packed more.

But, what places are you guys most excited to see?

danigirl323

Hmmm, I just read about luggage restrictions and it says you’re only allowed one 44lb suitcase and one 12lb carry on. This is going to be next to impossible for being there almost 6 weeks!

I think am most excited for Greece. It looks sooo beautiful :)

Megan.Sykes25

I am excited to go back to Italy.. I seriously fell in love with it last year and would like to try to go back where I studied abroad to see if anything changed. I am also excited for Greece – I was going to move there for a year before the economic crisis so now thoseplans are put on hold.

I agree, we should start a facebook group! I tried looking for you Danielle but couldn’t tell which one you are.. where are you from?

• 3 Aug 2011 Emily Grace said

Emily Grace

Yes I usually pack a 44lb bag for a weekend trip so I have nooo idea how I’m going to pull this off for 40 days!! Glad you girls are the same way and thanks for the tip on wedges instead of heels! I’m kind of hard to find on Facebook my name is Emily Higginson but its under Emily Grace…I changed it when I was job hunting! I’ll look for you guys.

I’m looking forward to Greece and Italy…and also Croatia. One of my best friends is from there and she said its gorgeous!

Megan.Sykes25

I think I found you.. are you in the CSU Sacramento network? If not I added the wrong person.. my name is Megan Sykes on FB and I have the same profile pic that I have in here (networks are Arizona and Mountain Pointe) All feel free to add!

danigirl323

So, we all pack 44lb suitcases, wear all of our clothes once, and then we start rotating clothes from each other’s suitcases. Lol
    I’m from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I’ll try to look for you guys too

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion