Community_discussions_small  

Question

Big Indochina/Asian Adventure 6th November 2011

1 Aug 2011 Lisa asked

Lisa

hi guys,

would love to meet anyone else doing this trip.

will anyone be going a day earlier?

cheers

lisa

• 12 Aug 2011 Jenna said

Jenna
    Hi Lisa,

Im going to be booking into this tour :) Where are you from? Im from Melbourne, Australia.
    Im going to be going two days before the tour starts!

• 12 Aug 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

hey jenna, awesome to hear your coming! im from Tasmania, and im going pretty much two days early too (arrive early on 5th)! keen for a head start on shopping ;)

• 12 Aug 2011 Jenna said

Jenna

Haha me to! Ive been to Bangkok before and the shopping is amazing!!!
    Hopefully we can find more people going on this tour :)

• 13 Aug 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

well the furthest ive been from home is fiji. so any tips on the best shopping spots would be great! im travelling alone, so your the only person i know on the trip so far…surely there are more out there :)

• 13 Aug 2011 Jenna said

Jenna

MBK is amazing if you like big shopping centres!! Im more into markets so the Chatuchak market in Bangkok is unreal!! Im travelling alone aswell. Are you continuing to travel after the tour or going home? Im going home unfortuantly. I wish i could continue!

• 13 Aug 2011 Jenna said

Jenna

hmm maybe ill make a facebook group

• 13 Aug 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

yeah those are the two major spots ive heard of. cant wait. i love markets! i have to head straight home too, i have a wedding and my graduations just after the tour finishes, i would have loved to do malaysia and borneo while i was ‘in the area’ haha. facebook group sounds good!

• 14 Aug 2011 Jenna said

Jenna

Bad news. I went to book today and the tours full. :( I’m going on the 13th now. Have great trip!!

• 17 Aug 2011 Nathan said

Nathan

Hey Lisa, im doing this trip as well. I’m from New Zealand but living on Phillip Island Vic Australia at the moment. Looking forward for the 6th Nov huh!

• 17 Aug 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

thats a bummer jenna. but at least you got on the later trip :) youll have an awesome time!!

nice to meet you nathan! haha i cant put into words how much im looking forward to the 6th November ;) do you know anyone else on the trip or are you travelling alone as well?

• 17 Aug 2011 Nathan said

Nathan

Nah I’m travelling alone as well! U travelling after the trip ends?

• 17 Aug 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

unfortunately no. would have done borneo and malaysia if i could. but i have to get back straight after for graduations. not too bad a trade off i spose haha

• 1 Nov 2011 Simon said

Simon

Hey guys,
    Nice to meet you all! Looking forward to a great trip in a couple days?
    I’m getting there on the 5th in the evening; with plenty of time to hit up the town for dinner and check out the surrounds. I look forward to meeting you all this weekend. All the best.

• 1 Nov 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

hey simon. i cant tell you how keen i am for this trip! im arriving early on the 5th but staying at a backpackers right in the middle of the city. where are you from?

• 1 Nov 2011 Simon said

Simon

Hey Lisa,
    I am from Perth. I am so excited about the trip also. I am staying the extra night prior to the tour in the hotel it starts at, also staying an extra night in Hanoi before flying to Hong Kong for 5 nights. What part of the trip are you most looking forward too>?

• 1 Nov 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

ah nice. i cant quite pin point where im most excited about haha. I have friends in Cambodia at the moment that are loving it. Ive always wanted to get to Vietnam. Ive heard the Laos (surprisingly) is meant to be a party central. and i really want to see the monastery’s in northern thailand…..how about you?

• 1 Nov 2011 Simon said

Simon

Hmm, there is so much I won’t to see there. I have traveled Europe a couple times but this is my first Asian holiday. I am most looking forward to seeing the ancient temples and making the most of some of the more adventurous activities.

I have heard that due to the flooding we are likely to not be catching the overnight train from Bangkok to Chang Mai and instead there will be a flight instead. But I was told any changes to the itinerary will be confirmed at the group meeting on Day 1. :)

• 1 Nov 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

im waiting until the UK economy and job market picks up so i can work and travel for a good 12months through europe. this is my first big international trip apart from fiji a few years back. i rang contiki the other day and they said the train is now up and running (i would rather a flight haha) and there have been no changes to our itinerary as yet. fingers crossed it will all go exactly to plan :)

• 1 Nov 2011 Simon said

Simon

Excellent to hear! :P I was actually most looking forward to the train ride rather than flight as there are already so many during the trip. Apparently in Chang Mai there is a really cool high-ropes course and flying fox. Not to mention an amazing countryside.

• 1 Nov 2011 Lisa said

Lisa

haha have you ever done an over night train trip before? I have done plenty in Aus….and they are nothing to get excited about. however, you should try everything once and ill ask you again the next morning haha. If we can get to the high-ropes and flying fox im there for sure! im even excited for the cycling tours. wouldnt mind finding some absailing/rock climbing etc. Im keen to pack in as much as possible!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion