Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Moral dilemma

6 May 2008 Sameera said

Default_avatar
The last night of my greek island hopping tour will be in Athens. That night Kylie Minogue will be there in concert!!!! However that's also the farewell dinner. I have no idea what I should do! See Kylie who I looove to death.....or say bye to all the friends I will potentially make????

If anyone has any suggestions for my moral dilemma, please please help!
  • 6 May 2008 Enigma said

Default_avatar

Wow! What a position to be in……Personally i would do the farewell dinner and i know depending what tour you are doing and how attached you become to your fellow travellers this decision may seem alot easier once you have completed your travels and built up some awesome friendships.

• 7 May 2008 CherrySA said

Default_avatar

NO WAY!!! Go and see Kylie! it might be a once in a life time opportunity!!! And besides the relationships you have made on Contiki will be well established by the last night! And if you tell people from the start that thats what your planning on doing… i dont think they can really hold it against you!!! Besides that its YOUR trip and you can do what ever you want! Your the one who forked out all that cash to go!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 7 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

That is a tough one! Where are you from? Is it likely she will tour there at some stage soon and you could go then? I have seen her 4 times so know what a great show she puts on and yes, I would go again!

How long is your tour? No matter how long it is you will make some great friends but, as you can imagine, the friendships you will make on a 20-30 day tour are probably going to be much stronger than on something less. I’m just trying to think about how hard it would be to not go to the dinner and what you would be missing.

The dinner is good, don’t get me wrong but I also think that you could perhaps try to go for the start of it (depending on time and concert time) or you could meet up with people who are out after the concert or you could just see them back at the hotel.

Also, most of the people will at least hang around until the next morning so you can always say goodbye to your close friends over breakfast, if you organise it early enough.

It’s a personal choice and I have to agree with Explorer, this is YOUR trip and you’re paying for it so do with it what you want. There’s not much else that compares to seeing a concert OS!

• 7 May 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

You can still meet up with your tourmates after the concert.

• 9 May 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

That is a hard one…Both will be fantastic and hard to miss. If it was me I would probably go to the farewell dinner. You cannot even imagine now how close you will become and it will be the last time you get to spend with most of those people all together. It may be one of the biggets nights of the trip and in the end ht people you spend your time with is what you’ll look back on most….I totally get your dilemma though it’s hard.

If I was you Benji I would go though. There’ll be plenty of time to meet everyone and as good as it is to get a sense of everyone early up you’ll have time to make that up. On my last trip there were a few people that missed the intro and we just got to know each other first day on the bus Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion