Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the Bay April 18-28 2012?

5 Aug 2011 lou_85 asked

lou_85

My friend and I are booking this trip and were wondering if anyone else has booked or is thinking of booking? I know it's a while away but I like to be prepared in advance!!

• 24 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari, yes I’m going solo, are you?. And no I haven’t but I’m really looking forward to it!. Have you been before?.
    Are you staying at the Kyoto the night before?.

• 24 Mar 2012 Stuart_RG said

Stuart_RG

Hi Mari,
    Great to meet someone else going on the tour. I’m also travelling solo, but will be flying in from the East Coast the night before the tour. You planning to do much in the USA other than the tour?

• 25 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou and Stuart,
    Yes, I´m going solo! Will be my third time in USA!
    I didn´t receive my contiki documents yet, so I´m not sure about staying at the Kyoto hotel! Lou, are you staying at Kyoto hotel even arriving early?
    After tour, I will spend 3 extra days in San Francisco! Does someone are staying in San Francisco after tour?

• 25 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari – 3rd time, really? It must be good :)
    Yes, I’ll be at the Kyoto on the 16th and 17th, so 2 nights prior. And I’ve only got 1 night at the end in San Fran, I fly out super early the next morning to New York.
    Where abouts are you travelling from?

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    Yes, I really had good experiences in USA!!!
    I dind´t book my flight yet, I´m thinking about arrive earlier to enjoy more the city LA with you.
    New York sounds good, will you flight by yourself to NY?
    I´m from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Where are you from?
    Do you have facebook, if is ok for you, I can add you.

lou_85

Hi Mari!
    Really? Great!. I’ll be staying in Anaheim for the first 2 nights to go to Disneyland and California Park, the 14th and 15th, then Universal Studios on the 16th and then I’ve got an LA tour booked for the 17th – so if you want to join me feel free!.
    Yes, I’ll be in NY by myself for about 4-5 days.
    Brazil? Hola! ha ha – that’s the limits of my spanish!, I’d love to go to South America…! I’m from Australia :)
    I do have FB – I’ll message you my email so you can add me (don’t want to put it on here!)

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    I intend arrive 16th of april in LA. How long will take your La tour?Where did you book?I would like to visit Santa Monica too!
    I have many australians friends that I met in my other contiki tour! I actually speak portuguese haha!!!
    Ok, send me your email so I can add you and we can make some plans!!

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Well on the 16th I’ll be doing Universal for the whole day I guess, if you don’t want to join me we could definitely meet up for dinner that night?. The LA tour on the 17th is for 5 and a half hours starting at 8.30am! It’s through Starline Tours – I booked online to pick me up from the hotel (approx $65 USD). I think it’s just around LA though… not too sure about Santa Monica.
    Oh! whoops! well portugese I don’t know! sorry!!!

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    We can meet up for dinner that night, will be great!!
    I went universal studios twice, so I don´t think I will go again!!!
    I will check it out the starline tour and see how is it!! I actualy don´t feel confortable for book online…
    Thats ok, I know portuguese is not a very easy language!!
    Did you receive the email I sent you?

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Brilliant! Do you know what time you’ll fly in yet?.
    Ah, ok, that’s prob enough for you!
    That’s ok! – I just wanted to do it before I got there – we could always do something in the afternoon if you wanted to – or if you don’t book a tour.
    I can’t check my emails at work either so I’ll have a look tonight!

• 26 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    I will arrive in the morning, probably between 8 – 11 am.
    Sure, we can do something in the afternoom or I can try book for the tour in the moment they pick you up in the hotel!! Do you know what the name of the tour you booked for? The site has many options of tours.
    Do you know what time and day we will meet our tour manager and group?
    The email I sent you says my email, because a couldn´t find you in FB, so you can try find me!!!

• 26 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    It’s called the Deluxe Grand City Tour of Los Angeles – it’s got the number 2 next to it on the list on the web site, you might even be able to book when you get to the hotel, if you still want to do it, I nearly booked a tour that was 7 and a half hours but thought that might be a bit too long!.
    We have a meeting the night before the tour at 7pm to meet everyone and check in etc then we leave the next morning at 7.30am.
    Ok – will look for you tonight when I get home! I am hopeless at FB!

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    Great, I will check it out at the site!! I think I can do that at the hotel!!
    What city are you most excited to visit? I´m so excited so visit San Diego, Las Vegas and San Francisco!!!
    After visit NY will you go back to Australia? By the way, where are you from in Australia?
    Here right now its 10PM so probably I will answer you tomorrow!!!

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Great :)
    I think everywhere! But probably Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon too. And I’ve wanted to see the Golden Gate Bridge ever since I watched Full House when I was little!.
    No, I’m going on to Europe and the UK. I’m from Tasmania – if you know the map of Aus it’s the little island down the bottom – all on its own!

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    When I was little I watched Full House too, it was one of my favorite series. San Francisco has a lot of things to do, and is good for shopping if you like!!
    Do you know the name of the hotel in San Francisco?
    Europe it´s very nice, the contiki tour I did was in Europe.
    Yes I know Tasmania, beautiful place!!

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    I don’t think I’ll have enough time for shopping! The hotel is called The Whitcomb. Do you not have any of your documents from Contiki yet?.
    Yeah, I’ve been in 2006 and to London again in 2010, can’t wait to go back.
    Oh! Excellent – not many people do!

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    It´s true!!
    No, I didn´t receive my contiki documents yet, my travel agency didn´t give me!
    That´s nice, are you going to meet someone there?

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Oh! Its so close though! Oh well, as long as you have them before you go!.
    I have a friend who’s working in England at the moment so yes I’ll be meeting up with her over there!
    When you finish in San Fran will you be heading home?

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    I know, but they will give me 2 or 1 week before I go!!!
    Great you know someone there, she must know some nice places for you two go!!!
    Yes, after San Francisco I will return home!!

• 27 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Good! I’ve googled all of the hotels to check them out! They look pretty good, well most of them, I’m even amazed some have pools – not that there will by any time for swimming!.
    She will yeah – and she’s close to Edinburgh too, so I’ll be able to do some day trips.
    So where abouts in the US have you been to before?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion