Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the Bay April 18-28 2012?

5 Aug 2011 lou_85 asked

lou_85

My friend and I are booking this trip and were wondering if anyone else has booked or is thinking of booking? I know it's a while away but I like to be prepared in advance!!

• 27 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    Nice, I was little bit worried about the cabin accommodation, but I´m sure will be a nice accommodation!!
    I´m happy some hotels have pools, for relax in the final of the day will be great!!!
    Edinburgh is very beautiful, I wish go there someday!!!
    In USA, I´ve been in San Francisco , Berkeley, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orlando and Miami.

• 27 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    It looks really lovely! Sort of like a cabin in the forest and like the cabins you see in the movies!.
    Sipping a cocktail beside them – if it’s warm enough!.
    I know, I can’t wait, I love the Scottish accents too :)
    Oh great! I would of loved to have done Miami! I’ll have to come back.

• 27 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    Yes, their accents is very nice!!!
    Miami it´s great, good night life, good beaches, good for shopping!!!
    Tomorrow I will book my flight, I will arrive 12pm!!!

• 27 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    I’m looking forward to it – everything about it! This trip just keeps getting closer too – 3 weeks today!.
    12pm on the 16th is it? Closer to the day we’ll have to arrange a time for dinner if you still want to? Or if you’re not too jet lagged! How long will your flight be?

• 28 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    I´m so excited for this trip!!!! 3 weeks – so closer!!!
    Yes, I will arrive 12pm on the 16th, sure we can have dinner, probably you will go back from universal studios 8-9pm, so I will have enough time to take a nap!!!!
    My flight should take 10 hours, how about you?

• 28 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    I know – I can’t wait, looking forward to finally getting to the US!.
    8-9pm? Really? Will I be there that late? I’m planning on getting there at about 9-10am, that’ll be a long day! Oh well, will see how it goes!.
    My flight’s about 14 hours! Not the longest I’ve ever been on though, that was to London and it was about 24 hours with a 2 hour stop over in Hong Kong, this flight will be a breeze compared to that!

• 28 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    Yes, I think so…if you wanna go all atractions!!!
    24 hours – Too long!!! For me 10 hours it´s too long, because I never sleep on airplane…

• 28 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Wow – ok much longer than I’d first thought. I’m not really a ride person though so I’ll see how I go!.
    Yeah, I find that the hardest part too, and no offence to children but when there’s a screaming one on the plane when you just want peace and quiet it’s really hard!

Stuart – You must leave today? (or is it next Thursday?) If you read this hope you have a great time and will see you in LA! :)

• 29 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    It´s true, definitely airplane is not a good place to sleep!!!
    Today I booked my flight!!!! Now it´s just countdown!!!

• 29 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    I’ll definitely be bringing ear plugs for the plane!.
    Excellent! :) I think we have 19 days to go until the trip starts but for me it’s 15 days until I get to LA!

• 30 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    I have 17 days to go to LA!!!!!
    You found me in FB!!!!
    I add some movies and musics on my computer!!

• 30 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    It’s so soon!!, I can’t believe it.
    I know! I’m so glad I finally found you – that took a while!, will have a look on there tomorrow.
    For your flight over do you mean?

• 30 Mar 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    I add some movies and musics on my computer to distract me on flight or at the contiki bus!!!
    Today, 16 days!!!

• 30 Mar 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Ah ok! Now I understand! I hadn’t thought of doing that – I’ve got some music on mine but I’ll probably only try to use it for skype to when we get to hotels with wifi!.
    I know, so much closer now! :)

• 1 Apr 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    We gonna have a long trips by bus, so it´s a good idea have musics on board!!!
    I´m so excited!!! I hope the weather is good!!

• 1 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    Yeah, I think I’ll plan on sleeping on the bus, if possible, thinking most nights will be late ones.
    I know, 16 days now until the tour! I hope it will be too – not too hot but not cold either, I’d like it to be just right! ha – hope that happens :)

• 2 Apr 2012 Mari_02 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lou,
    Yeah,that´s true!! Probably I will sleep all the way by bus!!
    We have 2 weeks until the trip!!!

• 2 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Mari,
    I’m bringing a neck pillow to make it more comfy – and for the plane too!.
    I know, I can’t believe it’s here so soon! When was your last holiday? Mine was at Christmas time and it feels like it’s been much longer than that!

• 3 Apr 2012 Amelia said

Default_avatar

Hello Hello, Finally just found this discussion, Have booked and payed and will be joining you on the 18th not long now! My best friend and 2 girls we met on a previous tour of NZ will also be joining!

• 3 Apr 2012 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hi Amelia! So glad more people are finding this forum!. Can’t wait – only 15 days! Where are you all coming from? :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.