Community_discussions_small  

Question

Spanish Spree Sept 19 2011 - anyone on the trip?

5 Aug 2011 Krishna25 asked

Krishna25

I'm doing the Spanish Spree solo, it would be great to "meet" some fellow travelers before hand!

• 8 Aug 2011 U2 Runner said

U2 Runner

Hey there

I’ll be joining you on the Spanish Spree. I went solo to New Zealand in March; don’t worry, you’ll make tons of friends. In fact, one of the friends I made in NZ is coming with me on the Spanish Spree.

• 8 Aug 2011 Krishna25 said

Krishna25

awesome! i wasn’t really worried about not making friends :D just curious to know who is on the trip! should be great!

• 8 Aug 2011 RYAN-CANADA said

RYAN-CANADA

Thinking about booking this trip. It’ll be my first contiki & trip to Spain. Coming from Canada, need some sun!

• 9 Aug 2011 U2 Runner said

U2 Runner

Hey, a fellow Canuck, sweet.
    Contiki Tours are a lot of fun. I did New Zealand in March and it was amazing. You’ll make some great friends on the trip. Heck, the friendships are just as great as the sights.

• 9 Aug 2011 jenna77 said

Default_avatar

Hello!
    I’m also going on the Sept. 19th Spanish Spree solo! This will be my first trip to Spain and first time with Contiki… and I’ve heard really good things. Can’t wait!!

• 9 Aug 2011 Krishna25 said

Krishna25

HI!!
    are any of you planning on doing any of the optional excursions?

• 10 Aug 2011 RYAN-CANADA said

RYAN-CANADA

Sent out the request to join the facebook page U2 runner. Am so excited about this trip!!! Now….what to pack?!?!??!?

• 10 Aug 2011 U2 Runner said

U2 Runner

Krishna25:
    Excursions are a lot of fun, so I would highly recommend doing some. Reading online though, it doesn’t look like this tour will have loads of excursions. I get the vibe that it’s more roll into town, check out museums, etc… with a few excursions here and there. New Zealand, on the other hand, was an overload of options. I did 11 excursions overall; some people did 15 or more. When your package comes in the mail it will list all of the excursions. It’s amazing how peer pressure will lead you to do excursions (like me and the canyon swing in NZ…)

If optional dinners are available I would recommend them. Usually a good price and a good time. Typically they’ll do drink specials and things for Contiki folk (i.e. two for one all night, happy hour all night, etc…)

RYAN-CANADA:
    I added you to the group. Another Canuck: nice.
    Krishna25… join the facebook group :)

• 10 Aug 2011 Krishna25 said

Krishna25

I did a search for the FB group and can’t seem to find ours. What’s the link?

• 10 Aug 2011 Explorer1149966 said

Default_avatar

http://www.facebook.com/groups/201131699942248/

• 19 Aug 2011 sunshine313 said

Default_avatar

Hi my name is Reka and I am going on the Spanish spree 2011 solo September well my flight leaves on the 18th. I am from CT. I just did the Simply Italy about a month ago and had an amazing time and had to go back!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!! Reka :)

• 4 Sep 2011 JessicaMarie said

Default_avatar

Hey, my name is Jess. I’m Aussie. I am doing the Spanish spree solo, also. Looking forward to meeting you all. :):)

• 4 Sep 2011 RYAN-CANADA said

RYAN-CANADA

Hey Jess. Here’s a link to a facebook page for our trip. :)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/201131699942248/

• 5 Sep 2011 JessicaMarie said

Default_avatar

Thanks. request sent. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion