Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter 20 December 2011 - 4 Jan 2012

6 Aug 2011 ShazB asked

ShazB

Hello is anyone going or considering going on this tour. I've booked alreay and would like to get to know others going on this tour?

• 12 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Also are u guys carrying ur phones? And if so will you’ll get an international sim?
    Do any of u have a blackberry?

• 12 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

:-)

• 12 Oct 2011 Erika said

Default_avatar

Hi :)

I feel the cold very easily as well. Your waterproof shoes sound awesome, i might need to invest in some. I have gotten alot of thermals and different tops to layer up under my clothes. As well as thick scarfs and gloves. Im also bringing a pair of boots for night outs, with some nicer clothing to wear under my coats and i hope many places are warm inside. Im doing all i can avoid the cold as much as possible.

Will be bringing an old phone of mine, with a travel sim to avoid the high roaming call rates.

• 13 Oct 2011 Dale Oosthuizen said

Dale Oosthuizen

Hey Guys,

Dale here from South Africa (Johannesburg), Myself and 5 mates (guys) all from SA have booked and so so keen to meet and party with you all!!!

• 13 Oct 2011 Dale Oosthuizen said

Dale Oosthuizen

Hey guys, Dale from South Africa (Johannesburg).
    Myself and 5 mates (guys) all sports mad and party animals are looking so forward to meeting you all and having a blast!!!

• 13 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hey Dale

Welcome to the group! Definately looking forward to having a blast.
    When are you guys leaving SA and whe are you’ll returning?

• 15 Oct 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

Hi all, Cam here from Aus, Geelong.
    My sis Liz and our mate Steve are on the Contiki too, should be Awesome. Can’t wait to catch up with you all and have a hell of a good time!

• 15 Oct 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hello all,
    Well it seems like we have a great group already so very excited. Not long now to go!!

I have also got a pair of boots that are water proof as they are leather and are really warm inside! I have thermals too- like you said Shaz very trendy!
    I am bringing a old phone and then my iphone as Mc Donald’s all have free WiFi so can log onto the internet!
    Cam and Dale have you ever been to Europe before?
    Grace :-)

• 15 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Welcome to the group Cam :-)
    Right u are Grace the more ppl post that they on this trip too the more excited I get. its great we can meet here 1st.
    Good idea about the Wi Fi I jus hav no idea how it works on a balckberry lol

• 15 Oct 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

Hi Grace and Shaz, No I haven’t been to Europe before, so it should be amazing.
    I’ve also already got all my warm clothing, but it should;t be too bad.
    I should have my Iphone by then, but I;m taking an Ipad anyway to keep in touch and an old Nokia for whilst I’m over there if I can’t get the Iphone in time.
    What;s everybody doing before and after the trip?
    I;m going to Learcs in the French Alps for four or five days, and afterwards I’m staying on in London For an extra week.

I’m rather excited, I will be going out most nights whoever’s keen come along.But don;t worry I’ll be up in theMornings so I can still go sight seeing :)
    Can’t wait it’s going to be awesome!!

• 15 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Wow Cam that sounds awesome. Unfortunately I’m not doing much before or after the trip except for 1 night in London :-(

I doubt any of us will get much sleep on the tour – will be too excited

• 15 Oct 2011 corriehartley said

corriehartley

Hey
    I’m about to book this tour this week..
    Any solo people traveling ?

• 15 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hi Corrie

Join us we going to have a blast :-) Yes Kapps is going solo. I’m kinda solo – travelling with 2 couples.

• 16 Oct 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

So how many people have been to Europe before this?

• 16 Oct 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    That does sound great Cam. My friend and I are staying in London also for around a week so will be doing a lot of sight seeing then. I will be going out at night but I am not missing any of the sights!
    I have been to Europe in July this year for my first time and it was amazing so I am looking forward to it! I did not go on Contiki though so it will be a different experience.

Hello Corrie- I am not traveling by myself but I am sure there will be a few on the trip.

Grace :-)

• 16 Oct 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

Awesome grace! I’m definitely not missing out on any sites either. it should be good having some people on the trip that have been before. We’re staying just ‘round the corner from the Contiki feature hotel. I’ve forgotten the name of it at the moment, but I’ll make sure that I let you know what it is.
    I hope you’re all excited for the trip. I can’t wait.
    Anyway if anybody wants to get in touch before the trip for any reason e-mail me, or search me on Facebook: cam-wilson@live.com.au :) anyway cath yas later.

• 20 Oct 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

I am defiantly excited- 8 weeks and 3 days to go!! ahah
    Yeah my friend and I are also staying around the corner it is a 10 minute walk to the Contiki feature hotel so that is good.
    I will be going to the basement the night before we leave so it should be good :-)

• 21 Oct 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

Sounds awesome grace, but we finally booked accommodation and in London we couldn’t get the original hotel so we’re just going to stay at the royal national. Contiki’s feature hotel.

• 27 Oct 2011 Explorer1306804 said

Default_avatar

Hey all ,
    Pete here I’m just considering booking now . A bit late but makes it more exciting,I’m from Sunshine Coast Australia and would also be travelling solo, first time to europe and not a very experienced traveller, but look forward to both the partying and sightseeing….
    might have an extra couple of days in london after tour not 100% sure
    Did you guys book your own flights or have travel agent do it for you??

• 27 Oct 2011 Jess said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone I’m Jess I just booked for this tour! So excited! I’m going with my boyfriend Michael we can’t wait to meet everyone!! As we just booked I literally have no clothes! Or shoes. What about leather boots would that work! I’m so excited about Christmas and new years I just don’t know what goig out clothes would be suitable! Can’t wait to meet you, you all sound awesome!
    Jess

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion