Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter 20 December 2011 - 4 Jan 2012

6 Aug 2011 ShazB asked

ShazB

Hello is anyone going or considering going on this tour. I've booked alreay and would like to get to know others going on this tour?

• 28 Oct 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

Hey Pete. Do it the trip’s gunna be awesome! And We booked flights ourself and got a decent return.
    We’re staying in London for an extra week at the royal national.
    Jess good to hear, should be fun. I’ve got no clue what to bring, I’m thinking I’ll buy whatever I still need whilst I’m over there.
    Anyway awesome to hear from some new people.

• 31 Oct 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hello
    Just over a month to go :-)

Pete did you book? Join us we gona have a blast.
    Jess welcome – gona be hard getting winter stuff now but I’m sure there are ski shops around. I’m taking thermals, jeans, and fleece tops mostly and maybe 2 going out outfits.

Gona pack soon so I’ll keep you guys posted on a list.

Shanaaz

• 3 Nov 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hey
    Pete- like Cam staying in London after also and booked own flights there and return.
    Hey Jess- where are you from? Australia? figuring out what to pack is hard as you need warm clothes but I do not want to pack a lot due to weight and size!

• 4 Nov 2011 Explorer1306804 said

Default_avatar

Hey all just booked my tour but Im unfortunatly not the same one. I’m going on the european inspiration, 19 days should be good
    Might catch up over there beforehand

• 4 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hey guys

I called the contiki office to book for more people but our trip is fully booked. Looks like we going to have a full tour.

• 5 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hey Guys
    I’ve created a fan page on facebook for our tour so we can add photo’s etc after the trip and keep in touch. Like the page when you’ll get the chance “European Encounter Contiki 20 Dec 2011” www.facebook.com/EE201211

Cool thanks

• 7 Nov 2011 Han said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    My names Hannah and I am on this tour as well!! I am coming with one of my friends – her name is Hannah too (just to confuse you all). Getting really excited now – not long to go!!
    Looking forward to meeting you all, see you soon.

• 10 Nov 2011 Lizzie said

Default_avatar

Hi all,
    I’m Lizzie, from AUS
    Getting excited for the trip after reading everybody’s posts !
    I’m studying in Paris for a month before the trip, then meeting up with Cam and Steve, then we’ll come to join you all in London :)

• 10 Nov 2011 Explorer1306804 said

Default_avatar

hey lizzie, and the 2 hannahs, glad to hear u guys coming on the trip, definatley going to be the best fun, where ate u guys from??
    I’m getting to london a few days before, staying at royal national!!

• 10 Nov 2011 Han said

Default_avatar

hey pete, im from the gold coast, Aus. my friend has been living in London for the past year, so going over to catch up with her and do some travelling. getting there 2 days before the tour and staying in London for a couple of weeks after it finishes. so keen for the holiday.
    hey lizzie, that will be awesome getting to do a bit of studying in paris. I’m trying to pick up a bit of french, but i cant pronounce anything right!!

• 10 Nov 2011 Lizzie said

Default_avatar

Pete- I’m from Geelong, AUS- you may know it by Torquay, or Bells Beach?
    Hannah- I’m sure you’ll pick some up when we’re there :) I’ve been learning it for a while now, so I’m looking forward to finally getting to go over there!

• 10 Nov 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone-
    that sounds great studying for a month. Its such a shame I do not know any other language
    Its seems that most people are staying at the royal national which is good as we can all hang out at the contiki basement before the trip and after!
    It is so close now coming up fast!

• 10 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hey Guys

Lizzie what will you be studying?

Yep Grace we almost there

• 12 Nov 2011 Jessikins said

Default_avatar

Hey shaz and grace!! This is Jess something happened to my account so I changed my profile name from Jess to jessikins… Yeah Australia Melbourne!! I bought a few things off asos an Internet site? So all good!! And leather boots, thermals gloves scarves!! Should be fine!! Not long to go now!! Were so excited!!! Does anyone know if anything special happens on Christmas and new years??
    Jess xxx

Default_avatar

Hi Lizzie studying is Paris sounds amazing!! So jealous! Xxx

• 12 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hi Jess
    Wel I heard there’s christmas markets all over & a christmas wonderland in london. (which I may not make since I only have 1 day in london) it should be awesome though with ice skating and markets. I think its in Hyde park if I remember correctly. I’ll start checking on other stuff soon

Default_avatar

Oh wow that sounds wonderful it will be so much fun. It’s getting close and I don’t want to wait anymore!!

• 12 Nov 2011 Vince1197 said

Default_avatar

Hey all:)

Vince here from Jo’burg South Africa. Will be joining you guys on the tour with my girlfriend Kerry, really looking forward to meeting everyone. Hope everyone is as excited as we are!!!!

See you all soon

• 12 Nov 2011 Explorer1254530 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone….
    I will be going on this trip as well. Very excited and it’s getting closer!
    I’m from Canada :) So hopefully I should get the same weather in Europe as at home.
    It will be me and a friend going.

Default_avatar

Hey Vince nice to hear another couple is coming along!!! Sorry the last post from Canada what was your name??

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.