Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter 20 December 2011 - 4 Jan 2012

6 Aug 2011 ShazB asked

ShazB

Hello is anyone going or considering going on this tour. I've booked alreay and would like to get to know others going on this tour?

• 17 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Welcome Vince and Explorer from Canada. So far your the only non South African and Australian we know off on this tour.

just over a month to go guys – I need to start packing :-)

• 17 Nov 2011 Navi07 said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!! il also be doing this tour, il be solo coming from S.A..
    looking forward to it as it is my 1st time going overseas:)

• 18 Nov 2011 Jessikins said

Default_avatar

Im kinda freaked out by staying in the old jail in Lucerne lol

• 18 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

hi Explorer 1319341 where about in SA are you from? your name?

Lol Jess at least we’ll have a big group it should be an cool experience. dont worry worse case we just wont sleep lol

• 18 Nov 2011 Navi07 said

Default_avatar

Hi shazB , my name is navi, im from joburg, where u 4rm??

• 18 Nov 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess and Shaz- How do you know we are staying in an old jail? do you have itinerary? that will be scary but cool!
    Hello Navi are you all packed and ready?
    Grace

• 18 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hi Navi
    I’m from Durbs.

Hi Grace – I think Jess probably googled the hotels off the hotel list. I also rem seeing something like that wen I googled the places but that was ages ago.

One month to go now :-)

• 18 Nov 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

oh is there a hotel list? is this on the Contiki web page? I

• 18 Nov 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

I know how exciting 1 month will fly by!

• 18 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hi Grace
    Got if from the agent for visa purposes. Message me your email on facebook and I’ll mail it to you :-)

Default_avatar

Hey guys!! I got it from my contiki package?? From the travel agent!? Some hotels are great some so so.. So true it will be good with a big group of us. But we’re there two nights!!!! Do u want me to write the hotels here??

• 18 Nov 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

I can’t wait for the gaol. And yeah Jess it’s a good idea for those who haven’t got their brochure yet :)
    only 25 more days I’m getting fairly excited all though I’ve still got to go work and save all of my cash for spending now :/

Default_avatar

Ok here it is:
    Amsterdam 2 nights hotel ibis schiphol
    St goar 1 night hotel montag st goar
    Lucerne 2 nights lowengraben jail hotel Lucerne
    Innsbruck 1night hotel Dollinger
    Venice 1 night air motel mestre
    Rome 2 nights park Roma cassia hotel Roma
    Florence 1 night hotel nil Florence
    Nice 2 nights du midi hotel nice
    Lyon 1 night chateau de fontager serves sur rhone
    Paris 2 nights kyriad hotel port D’ivry hotel

There we go!!!! Innsbruck Rome and Paris hotels I thought were the best the other are good and the jail still freaks me out lol come one TWO NIGHTS!! Lol sure this trip is gonna be lots of fun!!!!!!!

Default_avatar

Lol cam I need am saving for spending money now too. I’ve become so stingy I won’t go out or do anything cos I keep tellih myself that money would be better towards Europe. It’s such – boring life at the moment!!!!

• 19 Nov 2011 Navi07 said

Default_avatar

Thats cool shazb so we both from sa:) who else is 4rm S.a??

Hi Grace, not ready yet, still busy writing exams so il get ready when im done with exams:)

The jail sounds really cool, im xcited:)

Can anyone please tell me for which country do we get the schengen visa for, is it france?? im abit confused:)

• 19 Nov 2011 Cam. W said

Cam. W

Sick Jess thanks for that. And I’m completely the opposite. I had the money but I spent it all going out :/ so no I’ve gotta work again.
    Nav sorry but I’ve got no clue ‘bout the schengen visa, or what it is either. Hope Aussies don’t need ’em.

• 20 Nov 2011 Grace said

Default_avatar

The Venice hotel is not on the island of Venice so that will be interesting. Thanks for putting them up Jess :) Cam I am not 100% sure if we need them but I do not think so. I am contacting some offices tomorrow but on trip advised it says Australia’s are exempted.

• 20 Nov 2011 Jessikins said

Default_avatar

No Aussies don’t need it :) and that’s ok not a problem. Haha cam that is extremely bad of you!!! I’m being such a tight ass… Keep telling myself that if I suffer now I’ll have so much more fun in Europe!!!! Oh is it not on the island Of Venice… That’s interesting..

• 20 Nov 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hi

You Aussies are lucky its such a schlep getting the VIsa’s. We need to get a UK & a Schengen Visa.
    Navi we need to apply via the French Embassy. Did you get your UK visa yet?

Hmmmh was looking forward to Venice and we only spending 1 night there.

I’ve also tightenened the purse strings & with our Rand being so weak we need to save up quite a bit for Europe. Jess I can totally relate. I think to myself do I really need this or would I rather be spening that money in Europe…..lol

Guess what guys? Exactly one month to go :-)

• 20 Nov 2011 Jessikins said

Default_avatar

Glad im not the only one… Michael isn’t concerned about money at all which concerns me more!!!! Oh that’s so exciting can’t believe how quickly it’s going…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.