Community_discussions_small  

Comment

May 16-28 2008 Tour

26 Nov 2007 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar
Anyone going on this tour?? I AM!!!!
  • 17 Jan 2008 steph7 said

Default_avatar

A friend and I will be on this tour too. I can’t wait!

• 21 Jan 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

How exciting! I can’t wait to see you then. I’m thinking of buying a guide book. Do you think we would need one?

• 25 Jan 2008 LorneB said

LorneB

Not too sure yet, but it looks like I could be on this tour as well. Look forward to meeting you guys.

• 30 Jan 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar

Hey Sarina – I’ll be going on this tour (solo). Im a 22 male from Canada doing my first contiki tour. Can’t wait! See you in Berlin!!

°matt°

• 31 Jan 2008 steph7 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m from Canada too! I figure there may be lots of us, as university finishes in april.

• 1 Feb 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

You guys got facebook? We should make a facebook group! haha

• 1 Feb 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar

yeah uni is done at the end of april (seriously can’t wait), so we get 2 weeks to get all ready. yep, i have facebook and we should make a group. ill message you with my name/network.

°matt°

• 1 Feb 2008 Melissa said

Default_avatar

i’m pretty sure i will be on this tour as well! i should start purchasing my flight tickets. might start to get pricey soon! this will be my fourth tour.

• 1 Feb 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

Here is the facebook link for the group!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20748305522&ref=mf

Ya purchase tickets. They are slowly getting to be more expensive.

• 1 Feb 2008 Pharmanda said

Default_avatar

hey guys… my best friend and I will also be on this tour! So add +1 american and +1 canadian, both 25 Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Feb 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar

hey guys.. i’m just wondering, when is everyone getting into berlin? i’m getting in early in the morning at around 9:30am(ish).

°matt°

• 3 Feb 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

I’ll be arriving around 430pm in the afternoon with my friend.

• 8 Feb 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Hey guys and gals, I was thinking of booking this trip or the Mediterranean Highlights tour. For those flying out of north america, how much were your flights out to berlin… i’ve been reading on the forums that the road trip back to berlin on the last day was 12 freaking hrs!!!

• 9 Feb 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Josh L.:
    Hey guys and gals, I was thinking of booking this trip or the Mediterranean Highlights tour. For those flying out of north america, how much were your flights out to berlin… i’ve been reading on the forums that the road trip back to berlin on the last day was 12 freaking hrs!!!

Hey Josh, I spent about 1,000$ (Canadian) on my flight. You can probably get a good deal. The flights aren’t that expensive. About the bus ride back to Berlin, I really don’t think it’s 12 hours. If it is, the bus is going really slow. It should about 6-7 hours. I’m leaving from Warsaw anyways so I don’t have to worry about that bus ride lol

cheers

• 9 Feb 2008 steph7 said

Default_avatar

I spent $890 on my flight, and I’m flying out of Warsaw as well. I’m flying from Toronto.

• 9 Feb 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Thanks folks… just got word back from my travel agent that it would be a smart choice to fly back from warsaw unless i was planning to extend my vacation in berlin… unfortunately this thing called an 8 to 5 is hissing at me to come back to work… ugh. Well i’m almost set, it looks like i’m going to be booking this trip and saving the other one till next year or so.

Anyone hear back from contiki or their travel agents on how full this tour is already?

• 11 Feb 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

I have no idea how full the tour is yet but I’m sure it’s not full full.

As for costs and bus ride..I had no idea it would be 7 hours! WOW!
    Unfortunately, I’ll be flying out of Berlin so I’l be on that bus ride home. I guess I’ll sleep and listen to my ipod. haha

My total flight from California was $1000 round trip on travelocity.

BTW, join our facebook group once you lock in your tour!! =)

• 13 Feb 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

W00t w00t, finally placed my down payment today… while browsing the main contiki site, i found the special deals section. Did anyone take advantage of the ipod shuffle for february deal, where you book your trip in february and pay in full by february 29th to get a free ipod shuffle? I was curious if you needed to go through contiki’s travel agents to get that deal or if i can ask my agent to get that special deal for me. Anyhow, looking forward to chatting up with everyone before the trip. I was thinking of picking up a travel guide to berlin, would anyone of ya’ll suggest a good one?

• 13 Feb 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Josh L.:
    W00t w00t, finally placed my down payment today… while browsing the main contiki site, i found the special deals section. Did anyone take advantage of the ipod shuffle for february deal, where you book your trip in february and pay in full by february 29th to get a free ipod shuffle? I was curious if you needed to go through contiki’s travel agents to get that deal or if i can ask my agent to get that special deal for me. Anyhow, looking forward to chatting up with everyone before the trip. I was thinking of picking up a travel guide to berlin, would anyone of ya’ll suggest a good one?

Whhaaat?? Free ipod shuffle haha That’s awesome but too bad I booked my tour early, back in january so I don’t “qualify”. My agent was trying to get me some free stuff too from contiki but I didn’t hear anything from them. For a book, you should look at “Frommer’s Germany 2008” or if you just want a guide book for Berlin try “Maverick Guide to Berlin”.

cheers

• 13 Feb 2008 Pharmanda said

Default_avatar

wtf?! I didn’t know anything about an ipod deal! I booked in jan too so I guess no ipod for me Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> as far as travel guides go, the ’let’s go!’ series is really good too… I have the amsterdam guide and they’re really in depth and aimed at budget travellers, so they tell you where all the good deals are!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion