Community_discussions_small  

Comment

May 16-28 2008 Tour

26 Nov 2007 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar
Anyone going on this tour?? I AM!!!!
  • 18 Feb 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Thanks for all the suggestions, but after browsing through two used bookstore and a big retailer bookstore, I could not find either one of those books that yall suggested (i did find the frommer’s germany but did not want to pay $22 bucks for only one city i was going to visit on our trip). I did happen to stumble upon a used 2005 edition of the “Eyewitness Travel Berlin” for only $7.50 and was pretty pumped to start sight seeing right away once getting off the plane. Sure wish i could have gotten an extra day to spend in berlin.

Did anyone get the exact location of the hotel we will be staying at our first day? Hopefully it will be right in the heart of the city. For my last tour I was kinda of disappointed where our hotels were located at but noticed that in the 2008/09 contiki catalog they did state that the hotels we will be staying at will be more centrally located to the city.

3 months and counting till I’m sitting on a 13.5 hour flight to eastern europe. W00t w00t.

Josh

• 19 Feb 2008 Pharmanda said

Default_avatar

for anyone curious about our hotel….

http://weissensee.berlinhotels.it/

• 20 Feb 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

What about our other hotels?? Does anyone know?

• 21 Feb 2008 LorneB said

LorneB

Thanks for posting that Pharmanda. Looks like one of the better hotels Contiki has to offer.

• 27 Feb 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar

I’m wondering where are all the Aussies and Kiwi’s and others? Is this just going to be a tour full of Americans & Canadians? Not that that’s a bad thing… Anyways I cant wait for this tour to start. 2½ months left!! =)

• 27 Feb 2008 Melissa said

Default_avatar

weird.
    i tried to get on this tour a week ago and they said it was ‘cancelled’? hmmmm
    so now i’m going may 17th-29th.

• 28 Feb 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

On my last trip’s forum, there were only a handful of Canadians and Americans replying on the forums, but when we met up with the whole tour group we found that almost half the tour was filled with our folks from the land down under. It’ll be a safe bet to know that there will definetly be a group of aussies and kiwis tagging along on our trip.

• 28 Feb 2008 Matt_From_Canada85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Melissa:
    weird.
    i tried to get on this tour a week ago and they said it was ‘cancelled’? hmmmm
    so now i’m going may 17th-29th.

Hey Melissa, good to see another person join this tour. I’m pretty sure this tour is NOT cancelled. This is a guaranteed departure tour isn’t it? The tour on the 2nd to 14th of May was cancelled, and I was one of the unfortunate ones who got affected and had to rescheduel for another date. I see that you’ve created a group for the may 29th-june 11th. Are you switching dates?

°matt°

• 29 Feb 2008 Melissa said

Default_avatar

yeah, i’m guessing that it’s just full maybe? i thought it was weird that it was ‘cancelled’. hmmm.

but yeah, i’m all set up for the 29th-11th tour now.

• 5 Mar 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

So was our trip full??
    may 16-28? Because my friend still wants to book our tour and I hope it’s not full already!

• 6 Mar 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

Nevermind!

My friend just booked for this trip too! So I guess it’s not completely full. YAY!

• 6 Mar 2008 LorneB said

LorneB

Perfect,look forward to meeting ya.

• 11 Mar 2008 Melissa said

Default_avatar

weird. i wonder why i was told i couldn’t book this tour then? that sucks.

• 7 Apr 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

Okay, looks like this trip is full from another posting somewhere else, but where are the rest of you traveling buddies on this post forum? Don’t be shy now. Just drop us a line and let us know who you are and where you’ll be traveling from. Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

By the way has anyone received their travel documents yet? Hopefully they’ve overbooked us in berlin and reserved us a place closer to the city… fingers crossed. Is anyone up for hitting up the night scene in berlin at a jazz club cafe the first night there? I know i’ll have serious jet lag but i got to make the most of my trip there. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 10 Apr 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

I’m down for whatever! But just as an FYI my bday is on May 23rd in Budapest and it’s a friday night..so we must do something! haha

BTW the documents have been printed and we should all receive it by the end of next week. i just called contiki today and that’s what they told me.

• 10 Apr 2008 LorneB said

LorneB

How old are you going to be?

• 10 Apr 2008 LorneB said

LorneB

Awsome idea.

quote:
    Originally posted by SwtSarina:
    Here is the facebook link for the group!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20748305522&ref=mf

Ya purchase tickets. They are slowly getting to be more expensive.

• 15 Apr 2008 SwtSarina said

Default_avatar

I’m turning 28!

Yes for those of you who are going to be on our trip..join our facebook group!

• 26 Apr 2008 Explorer1097993 said

Default_avatar

Hi all.. add 1 aussy to the list!.. from what i can see you so far there is no other Australians on the tour! but generally on contiki 1/2 of the ppl are north americans and the other 1/2 are aussies! so hopefully i wont be the only lad from down under!!
    See you all soon. I have joined up to the face book group so I guess well chat in there!!
    Cheers
    Paul

• 28 Apr 2008 Josh_L said

Josh_L

For those who are interested in a free berlin day tour or a cheap pub crawl, I stumbled upon this site.

New Berlin Tours

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion