Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern 2013 Worth Doing?

8 Aug 2011 Dizzy asked

Dizzy

Hey guys Im looking at doing the grand southern NY to LA in 2013 I know its a long way away but I just got back from europe so I got alot of saving to do. I was hoping to see if anyone can let me know how good this tour is?

• 29 Aug 2011 LaraJ said

LaraJ

Hey I did this tour in July this year, LA to NY and it was fantastic. Visited so many cool places and did heaps of fun stuff. We were really lucky to have a great tour group and a great tour manager though. I would def recommend doing it. So many poeple on the tour said it was the best time of their lives!

• 31 Aug 2011 brookie-lee19 said

brookie-lee19

Heyya Dizzy. im doing this tour but LA to NY in 2013 end of august. i understand it far away i recently got back from europe too. :) great minds think alike. when are you travelling to the usa? anyways enjoy yourself.x

• 3 Jan 2012 KellySchutz said

KellySchutz

Hey! Me and my BF are doing the Grand southern (NY- LA) after we do New Years in NY 2012-2013. Looking forward to it! We got back from Europe in September after a month over there… Cant wait!!!!

• 23 Apr 2012 Staceymarie said

Default_avatar

Hey! im also doing the Grand Southern (NY-LA) after the 2012/2013 New Years Tour! My First 2 contikis! So Excited! :)

• 24 Apr 2012 KellySchutz said

KellySchutz

Oh wow! Thought there would be alot of people doing the same thing.. we are going over a few days prior to the New York New Year tour, and after going upto Canada for 5 days. After the Grand southern finishes we are in LA for a few days then off to Hawaii.. We just booked our flights! Getting so excited =)

• 24 Apr 2012 Dizzy said

Dizzy

Thanks heaps guys! Im thinking of going just by myself and doing my own thing but contiki is still on my mind

• 24 Apr 2012 Terra said

Terra

Me and the Hubby are doing the GS in December… figured we’d do something grand before being tied down with with adult responsibilities, you know… houses, loan, brats.

• 25 Apr 2012 KrisAU said

KrisAU

hey! thought I would say hi Kelly (and Husband) and Stacey as Ill be on the NY – LA after new years. Ill also be in NY for new years but did the NY tour last time I was in the states so wont be on the contiki for NYE. where you all from?

• 26 Apr 2012 KellySchutz said

KellySchutz

Hey Kris we are from Adelaide! On our last tour we had people from only a suburb away!! Getting excited!!

• 26 Apr 2012 Terra said

Terra

Hi Kris, we live near Townsville (North QLD). We’re doing the GS on 21st Dec after we’ve done the NY uncovered that’s just beforehand.

• 26 Apr 2012 Staceymarie said

Default_avatar

Hey Kris! So excited for New York! im also from Adelaide! :)

• 27 Apr 2012 KrisAU said

KrisAU

HAHAHA thats funny. Looks like you got a few Adelaide people on this tour again. I grew up in Adelaide. I still head back from time to time. What areas of Adelaide are you all? Done many Contikis before?

• 28 Apr 2012 KellySchutz said

KellySchutz

Oh cool! Go Adelaide.. We are from a few suburbs away from the city

• 28 Apr 2012 Jay said

Jay

I’m doing the GS LA to NYC from the 10 Jan to 4 Feb 2013 :D From Sydney. Looks like a popular tour!

• 6 May 2012 KrisAU said

KrisAU

Well its official … tour all paid for! so see you adelaide trio for the Grand southern (NY- LA) just after new years!

• 29 May 2012 sassyscameron said

sassyscameron

Hey! Noticed a few people were doing the great southern from new York to la and thought id mention that myself and maybe my boyfriend are going to do the tour that leaves on the 10th or 11th of jan as well! Still have to book though, probs will do it at the end of June. I’m from Australia. Byron bay to be exact lol.

• 2 Jul 2012 Tyson said

Default_avatar

NY-LA is the way I did it.Ending in Vegas is awesome plus it makes the surprise even better

• 21 Sep 2012 Perth Traveller said

Perth Traveller

I loved this tour! Highly recommend it

• 10 Oct 2012 Aussie Lo said

Aussie Lo

Im doing LA-NY in July 2013! Also travelled Europe for 8 months recently and can’t wait to do the states :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.