Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western Summer or Winter?

8 Aug 2011 Explorer1273779 asked

Default_avatar

Hi,
My name is Johno and my girlfriend and I are planning on going on a Contiki next year (2012) and we are tossing up between doing the Wild Western in March(Winter) or the Wild Western in April which is classified as Summer.

Is there anyone that has been on both, and can give us any suggestions on what you thought of Lake Tahoe or the Bass Lakes.

Thanks.

• 31 Aug 2011 rachaeltuck said

rachaeltuck

Hi Johno,
    My fiancee and I are going on the Wild Western on the 7th March 2012.
    Skiing at Lake Tahoe!!! Can’t wait! I think both Summer and Winter would be good but you can’t beat skiing!
    Let us know if your on the same tour as us! Would be great to chat to some people before hand! Esp another couple!

Rach

• 14 Sep 2011 Rachel said

Rachel

Hi! I just returned from the Wild Western Aug. 24th tour. We spent two days in Bass Lake and it was really nice and relaxing after our two fun-filled nights in Vegas! One of the days we hiked in Yosemite National Park, which was beautiful and about an hour’s drive from Bass Lake. You can opt out of this option and stay at the lake and lounge at the pool/lake and do water sports. You stay in a cabin with 3 other people, but there is a full kitchen/stove which is nice. Our tour manager gave us $40 to buy breakfast food to share. There is a bedroom with two double beds downstairs and upstairs, a pull-out couch and a rollaway bed. It worked out very well for my roommates and I. I have never been to Tahoe, so I can’t comment on that.. but I guess you should decided what you feel more in the mood for: skiing or lake? Feel free to ask me any other questions… I had an amazing time on my trip!!

• 18 Sep 2011 Marlon1273909 said

Marlon1273909

im booked for 7 march , tahoe is the reason im doing the winter tour. my parents went to yosemite last year and although it looks awesome im not into hiking. google tahoe it looks great and so different to skiing in Aus..

• 15 Dec 2011 LauraKeegan said

LauraKeegan

Hey, my partner and I are doing the winter tour departing March 14th!! Ive never been skiing before so I purposely opted for the Winter option!
    Let me know if you decide to jump on this tour :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.