Community_discussions_small  

Question

Review on Asian Adventure

8 Aug 2011 Explorer1273838 asked

Default_avatar

I am 27 F traveling solo. I am flexible on my exact travel date but I am thinking of doing the Asian Adventure around the first of December. Is anyone going around that time?

Also, if anyone has already gone can you please provide me with some feedback on your review of the trip?

Thanks.

• 9 Aug 2011 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

What would you like to know. I did this tour in February 2011.

• 9 Aug 2011 Chris H said

Default_avatar

I did this tour in January (great month to go in terms of weather) 2010 and couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

There’s no sorts of tips or anything I can give you before leaving so as Ryan says it’s probably best for you to ask specific questions.

• 9 Aug 2011 Kapow said

Kapow

I am also 27 F and travelling solo. I am doing the Asian Adventure departing Nov 20- Dec 3 and then flying to Phuket for a few days after the tour :)

• 9 Aug 2011 Alec said

Default_avatar

Im going on the Asian Adventure in october, can either of you recommend any or all of the optionals or optionals to miss?

• 10 Aug 2011 ryan_m said

Default_avatar

Alec, for the optionals. I would suggest doing them all. Also you can do hot air balloning in Vang Vieng.

• 10 Aug 2011 kirsty_nz said

Default_avatar

Hi, i did the big indochina just last month and it was amazing! the first half of the trip was the asian adventure, and to be honest, that was my favourite part of the trip. here is a blog from these forums: http://contiki.co.nz/community/discussions/13977-asian-adventure-review-part-1
    im sure part 2 is around somewhere as i read it before i went. also, here is a blog from the trip i went on. Its for the whole trip, so vietnam included, but the asian adventure is at the start:
    www.brbjebasia.blogspot.com
    optionals: do them all!!!! its so cheap, that even if you aren’t that keen on the idea of them, its not a huge loss to you anyway.

• 10 Aug 2011 Alec said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys, I was intending to do them all but I thought i’d ask just incase there was one that was a big waste of time. Cheers.

• 30 Aug 2011 Explorer1279131 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I’m going on this trip in February 2012 with my boyfriend. I’ve done Contiki before solo and know how the rooming in Europe goes, just wondering what it’s like in Asia? Obviously we would love to have our own room but we know that some times you just have to share. I was wondering just how often you have shared accommodations?

• 31 Aug 2011 kirsty_nz said

Default_avatar

you will get a room of your own every night except one when you are on the overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and everyone is in the same cabin.

• 7 Sep 2011 Explorer1286338 said

Default_avatar

hey im heading on the Asian Adventure on the 4th december :) can anyone tell me if i need to organise visas first or get them along the way?

• 7 Sep 2011 Emma SA said

Emma SA

I don’t go until Feb.. but ya can get the visas upon arrival :)

• 15 Sep 2011 Explorer1291528 said

Default_avatar

I am a 21yr old F going on this tour on the 4th December. Is anyone staying in the Contiki hotel the night before it starts?

• 15 Sep 2011 Explorer1286338 said

Default_avatar

Im 23 and going the same time and yeah im staying at the Contiki hotel the night before

• 15 Sep 2011 Explorer1291528 said

Default_avatar

Nice~ my name is amanda hoey, did u want to add me on facebook and we can chat before! im so excited its getting so close!

• 15 Sep 2011 Explorer1286338 said

Default_avatar

sure, my name is Mieleah Reichelt and it might be easier for u to find me lol i searched for you and there are a few.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.