Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing Asian Adventure 25 Dec?

9 Aug 2011 Suzie asked

Suzie

Hi

Im on the Asian Adventure departing 25 Dec and thought would be awesome to chat to a few of you before the trip.

xxoo

• 16 Sep 2011 Explorer1220897 said

Default_avatar

Hey there. I’m doing this trip too. There are about 4 others who did the Vietnam highlights last year who are coming back to do the rest of South East Asia!!! should be heaps of fun. Where are you from etc?

• 17 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

Hey hey, nice to hear from you, I have just done the exact same thing, I did the Vietnam experience in june and heard so much about the asian adventure, everyone went on and on about it so soon as I got back I booked it in lol im from Sydney NSW this will be my 3rd Contiki I just cant get enough :) cant wait only 13ws to go. Where are you from? Have u done much travelling elsewhere? Xxoo

• 17 Sep 2011 Explorer1220897 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Auckland, NZ. The others that I know are coming are from Melbourne and Sydney, and New York.. I hope I got that right. I just hope we get at least one beach day hehe cos last year I didn’t get any tan :-( I haven’t done a huge amount of travelling – am hoping to get a job that will allow me to travel lots down the track a bit. But I’ve been to Australia, (just came back from Ayers Rock for work) Fiji, the States. I am 22 and female by the way. The others who are coming back are in their late 20s/early 30s I think! :-) Clare

• 19 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

Oh nice im dying to go to NZ atm, im a travel agent so I def have travel envy alot. What work did you do in Ayers Rock? Ive always wanted to go there 2 work to get away from the coast. So you hadnt done the Vietnam Contiki? When do you arrive in to Bangkok? This trip will be amazing, ive seen everyones pics n heard their stories n it will be hectic cant wait. Not too sure about beaches cos its all mainly inland but who knows. Tell me bit more about yourself. xxooo

• 20 Sep 2011 dena.der said

dena.der

Hey Guys,
    Im doing this tour aswell :). Its my first contiki tour but I am coming with two others who happened to meet on a contiki trip in Europe last year. I cant wait for our tour to begin :)

• 21 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

hey hey nice to finally hear from others, i was getting worried lol this is my 3rd contiki, i love them you will have a BLAST! Ive just done Vietnam contiki and have heard the asian adventure is the best part so I cant wait. Where are you coming from and stuff? 95 days to go wooooooooo…………….i mean no im not counting :)

• 21 Sep 2011 dena.der said

dena.der

Haha. I was having a hard time finding anything from anyone else on this tour aswell, I check the Australian Contiki facebook page all the time :)
    Im coming from the Brisbane area, im a 19 year old female but its my 20th birthday while we are on the trip!! WOOOHOOOO!! I know right, three months this weekend. getting closer and closer. Iv been counting since May. haha.

• 21 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

Yeh I kept checking for ages, but so glad ive found some of u guys cos our tour was booked out ages ago. Omg yay for ur bday, another reason to partaaayyyy woo. So y asia as ur first overseas trip? Yeh ive done europe contiki n it was amazing, im so glad I chose this tour but, xmas n nyears will be epic. So wat do u do in brissy?

dena.der

Yeah I know right, a friend of one of the people Im going with was going to come aswell but when he went to book its was full. Iv been to Europe before but I was 13. I knew that this christmas break I wanted to go somewhere but I wasnt sure where, and my friend has suggested this Asia trip and yeah I decided its what I wanted to do. When are you getting to Thailand?
    Im a student, studying to be a high school teacher and working part time at a fruit shop. I read on your earlier post your from Sydney, what do you do?

• 21 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

Sydneyish, really from the central coast, im a travel agent with.Flight Centre :) im getting there xmas eve in the afternoon so I have some time to hang beforehand. Yeh this trip will be amazing n so cool its ur bday too, my.xmas n nye suck here so 2wks after I got back from nam I.booked this one in lol when do u get in?

• 21 Sep 2011 Dani said

Dani

Hi Suzie, I see you’ve found some more people, yay! Dena – I’m from Brisbane too :)

dena.der

A travel agent would be an amazing job!! We get in at about 9:30pm on xmas eve. Thats awesome Dani, where in Brisbane are you from?

• 21 Sep 2011 Dani said

Dani

I live in Slacks Creek, how bout you? Who are you flying with? I haven’t bought flights yet but will probs get around to that in the next few weeks, lol.
    Who else is coming with you? My bf is tagging along as well. We’re a bit older than you – 25 and 27 :) Still party hard – just means the hangovers take longer to get over, hehe

dena.der

Im from Jimboomba, and my best friend thats coming with me is from Windaroo. He met a girl on Contiki last year who is from NSW somewhere and she is coming with us aswell. :)
    We are flying with Thai Airlines. Haha I’m sure we will all be able to party hard! We are going to Asia there has to be something to fix the hangovers right? Haha.

• 21 Sep 2011 Dani said

Dani

Can’t wait to meet everyone, we’re going to have so much fun :) Is anyone staying on in the area after the tour ends? We’re thinking of having a few extra nights in Bangkok before we fly home.

• 21 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

yay more peeps, yeh travel agents have their perks but very tough job. im staying an extra night in Siem Reap after the tour, i get in 3:30pm xmas eve flying with Thai. Not sounding all travel agenty but Dani you better get your flights soon, i couldnt even get a discount with my connections, n i paid $2grand lol
    The only thing 2 fix hangovers, is more drinking! i learnt that in Nam, just stay away from the beer in the mornings thats a no no lol but Vodka mmmmm!

hell yeh we will have a blast, xmas n nyears eve wooooooooooooooo, so has anyone heard what we will most likely do on xmas night, the first night of tour lol? ;)

xxoo

dena.der

We are flying from Siem Reap back to Bangkok and then going down to Pattaya and staying there for 5 nights :)
    Is vodka everywhere? haha. because I do not drink beer.

• 21 Sep 2011 Suzie said

Suzie

oh wow that will be crazy, well in Nam there wasnt many bottleo’s at all but drinks are like $2 deadset so cheap, so i think in bangkok il just buy some bottles n take them with me cos ive heard in some areas specially in Laos there is like one bar n its literally like a plank of wood with a chair on the side of the road lol yeh i dnt drink beer either but when ur desperate u do anything baha.

SO have you heard of this thing called tubing?

• 25 Sep 2011 Dani said

Dani

no….what’s this thing called tubing?? Got flights now btw, 1400 ea :)

• 25 Sep 2011 dena.der said

dena.der

The only tubing I know is the one behind a boat. :S haha.
    Ohhh wow thats awesome. 3 months today until it starts!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion