Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eastern Road...thoughts please

26 Feb 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*
Who has done this tour? And is it too jam packed....or nice and easy?

Thanks!
  • 23 Mar 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

I have not done this tour, but I know a couple people who have and everyone of them LOVED it.

Like every other tour it is jam packed, but it does seem a bit slower then some other tours.

• 23 Mar 2010 PinaI said

PinaI

Did the exact same tour but with another company in 2007 and thought it was pretty good actually. Longest day on the road is Berlin to Warsaw, about 8-9 hours so avoid that if you can (start or end in the other spot). I thought there was plenty of time to do what we wanted to do on that particular tour but I guess on this tour it will depend on what optionals you go for.

• 24 Mar 2010 PinaI said

PinaI
    quote:
    Be prepared for some serious drinking game challenges on this tour by the “cool clique”.It can be like schoolies week but just in another country.

Ohhh, I dunno about that – that’s a pretty big generalisation.
  • 30 Mar 2010 HueChen said

HueChen

i just booked this tour. i’m looking forward to seeing the amazing eastern european women that i hear so much about.

• 8 Jan 2011 Connie said

Connie

I did Eastern Road in August 2008 and loved it. Brush up on your 20th century European history because there is tons of it. My Tour Manager was very good at explaining the history, expecially as we drove to Auschwitz. Its the only concentration camp on the tour, but a very memorable experience (1/2 day) and one of the things we were all looking forward to seeing: it did not disappoint.
    These countries are in a state of change now, so what I saw in 2008 could be very different now and in 5 years. Cheap shopping, great food, nice people and amazing history!

The drive to Berlin from Warsaw is very long and uneventful. you won’t miss anything ending the tour in Warsaw.

Happy Travels!

• 16 Jan 2011 Explorer1193366 said

Default_avatar

Paul,

I did this trip in July 2010 and I had an AMAZING time! It was the best experience and I would recommend it to anyone. I took over about $50 in each local currency to get me by for the day…that way I didn’t need to stress about having to go to a bank straight away and could enjoy the most out of the day.

I did all the optional extras and they were all worth it. You pay for the optional extras in Euros – and you have to pay for all of them upfront at the start of the tour…make sure you’re sure you want to do them as it is quite difficult to get your money back.

The Budapest river cruise was a highlight as an optional extra.The mozart concert was good, I probably wouldn’t do it again only because in retrospect I would have rather had the night to walk around the streets in Vienna and just experience the city. However it was nice to see the Hofburg Palace at night without all the tourists around.

Everyone got sick on my tour as it is quite intense and a lot of partying did happen, but you just make the most of it!

• 3 Mar 2011 nervous_traveler said

nervous_traveler

I’m doing the tour in august and now i am worried about all this partying. I’m not going all that way to get bladdered. Also i am flying out of warsaw. Another discussion said that the airport was right across the road from the hotel. Is that true or do i have to make my way across town? Also i don’t speak any foreign languages. I speak some french but that is limited to hello and how are you.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion