Community_discussions_small  

Question

Should you pre-purchase tickets for Museums etc?

11 Aug 2011 Courts83 asked

Courts83

Hey guys,

So I'm a complete Contiki novice going on the European Highlights tour at the end of August & I'm after a little advice. I was wondering if you're best to pre-purchase entry tickets online to some of the main attractions in the places that the tour stops at i.e to see the statue of David in Italy etc. to avoid the crowds/lines? Or is it fine/better to just buy them when you're there?

Thank-you :)

• 11 Aug 2011 Explorer~1987 said

Explorer~1987

I’m going on my first contiki tour soon.. I was told by my travel agent to wait until the tour. Usually alot of people stick together so instead of going by yourself a few people from your tour may also like to go

• 15 Aug 2011 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M

I agree that getting your tickets there is the best as I didn’t do most of what I thought. Many things take longer than you plan. I found a nice park and the Victor Hugo (Les Mis) Museum and a stature of Louis the XIII in Paris that I went to rather than the Catacombs that I would have never planned to see, Went to the mall in the bottom of the Louvre, went to see the Eiffel tower at night rather than the show. See a less touristy square in Prague. Visited the town and amazing supermarket in the Austrian Tyrol. Random walk-about in Venice. Many things in Europe have long long lines but there are other cool things.

• 17 Aug 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

Buy them while there.In fact the only exception I make to that is for London where you are better off getting it all before you go.

• 19 Aug 2011 Courts83 said

Courts83

Oh great thanks so much for your help :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion