Community_discussions_small  

Question

Mediterranean Highlights - January 8th 2012!?!

13 Aug 2011 Laurarose asked

Laurarose

Starting in Madrid.
SO excited. Anyone else booked? :)

• 14 Dec 2011 CHRIS said

CHRIS

Hello!!! I am Kuntak from South Korea… I’m staying in Morocco waiting for the trip which makes me quite excited.

• 21 Dec 2011 Laurarose said

Laurarose

Don’t forget 7pm night before tour meet out front of hotel for a meet and greet :-)

• 2 Jan 2012 CHRIS said

CHRIS

Is there anyone who will be in Madrid a few days before?

• 2 Jan 2012 Delphia said

Delphia

I will be there on the 7th at 7AM, but am heading straight out on a day trip to Segovia on Saturday.

• 2 Jan 2012 SarahNZ said

SarahNZ

Jason and I arrived today, we’re thinking about doing a tapas/pub crawl on Wednesday night if anyone’s keen to join us. If your coming to Madrid before contiki look into Los amigos hostel, seems pretty great for the cheapest hostel available :) €16 dorm

• 3 Jan 2012 Laurarose said

Laurarose

Ill be there from mid-day the 6th!

• 3 Jan 2012 JamesS said

JamesS

I’m currently defrosting in Malta after visiting a cold and rainy London. I will be there on 7th around 9am. As I am a mad soccer fan I will be going for a tour of the real Madrid stadium, if anyone wants to join feel free! If not people let me know up plans on the 7th

• 3 Jan 2012 Explorer1327549 said

Default_avatar

Just to let you know James there is a Real Madrid Vs Granada match at 8pm on the 7th. Jason bought a category two ticket for about 90€ online. He’s mad about football too so he won’t be meeting up with the group on the 7th he will be at the game. Just thought I’d let you and anyone else know so you don’t miss the opportunity if you wanted to go to it.

• 3 Jan 2012 JamesS said

JamesS

Ah shit I thought that the game was on the day that contiki starts. Got my dates mixed up. I will try and get a ticket when I get there as its saying it’s sold out. If I can’t get a ticket then I will meet up with group. If I do go to to soccer it will be finished by 10 and then we can meet up after. Thanks for the heads up!

• 4 Jan 2012 SummetG said

SummetG

Hey guys, I should be there at Sunotel on Jan 8th sometime around 11 or 12. I’m down to meet up and will check this board. I’m comin alone from Toronto and hope to meet up with some people before the tour if possible!

• 4 Jan 2012 Explorer1341448 said

Default_avatar

One of my friend and I have arrived at Madrid… and for sure, we have no plans here :)
    We’ll be very glad to join Jason and Sarah, so if either of you are available, just reply.
    I’ll be sticking in this web page to be posted.

Oh, I am CHRIS. Forgot to sign in… :(

• 4 Jan 2012 Laurarose said

Laurarose

Im keen for whatever really – maybe we should all meet and plan from there
    ?

SummetG

I meant to say I’m gonna be there on the 7th, tour starts on the 8th. So I’m down for whatever I’m sure some of us might be jetlagged and prolly take it easy first night. I’m pretty sure it’ll be close to some decent spots… anyone know if these hotels have wifi? Mapping out gets easier lol

• 4 Jan 2012 CHRIS said

CHRIS

@Laurarose/// I am sure my friend and I will be in the Sunotel Amaral reception at 7PM, the 7th day of JAN, I’m not staying at that hotel though.

@SummetG/// I guess that there are so many hotels in the area of the hotel where this Contiki trip will start at, for sure almost these hotels have wi-fi… but firstly, you need to check whether it’s free or not.

SummetG

true… some of the sites are kinda shitty for these places but should be fine. I’m down to find out where to buy some liqour to hold on the way.
    And this is my first time on any tour, do we have the same guides the whole trip? Or different ones as we go country to country?

• 4 Jan 2012 CHRIS said

CHRIS

Apparently one guide through the trip :)

SummetG

sounds solid, hopefully we meet some pretty ladies the first night!

• 4 Jan 2012 Laurarose said

Laurarose

Im going exploring that day – so will try try and be back @ hotel 7pm – if not ill post on here :-)

• 4 Jan 2012 Explorer1327549 said

Default_avatar

chris – do you want to come to a tapas dinner, flamenco show, then pub crawl with us tonight? It’s run by a company called madride so if u want to find out more just google it! Costs €26 and looks like a really good deal. Otherwise, we have no plans over the next few days so if u want to meet up let us know :)

• 4 Jan 2012 JamesS said

JamesS

Guys it will be 1 tour guide. There will prob be some guides that will do small trips around attractions but the main tour guide from contiki will stay the same.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion