Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European incl. Egypt 2012

17 Aug 2011 missmel asked

Default_avatar

Hi Guys
Just wondering if anyone else has booked to do this tour or has done it in the past and can offer some tips.
A friend and I have booked the March 28 departure and are super excited!! :)
We are thinking $100/day for spending money. Does that sound right?

• 22 Aug 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    Have you booked the tour that departs on the 26th March?
    I havnt booked yet, but im looking at booking this tour in the next two weeks, which is really exciting!! :)
    Ive read that alot of people have got by on about $100/day.

• 22 Aug 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

I think its the 28th that we have booked for ? It has us at Anzac cove for Anzac day!! I know its really exciting! We decided this would be the best one because it includes so much :) are you going on your own ir with friends?

• 22 Aug 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

Oh ok, I could only find the 26th could be same tour though cos mines in anzac cove for anzac day to. Pretty much the reason I. chose it. That and like you said you get to see so much esp Egypt. Im traveling on my own. I’ve done a contiki alone before and lived it.
    Where are you from? I’m from melbourne.

• 22 Aug 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

• 22 Aug 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

I live in the whitsundays in QLD. Iv never been overseas before. I was going to do the tour on my own, until my friend decided to come. She’s from England so we are going to travel around the UK and Ireland before we do the tour!! Im sure it is the same tour we are both looking at :) where was your last contiki tour? How was it? As i said, IV never been overseas, so I’m pretty excited about it all and love hearing other peoples experiences :)

• 23 Aug 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

I went on an american contiki a couple of years ago and loved it. It was so much fun, you will love being on contiki! Thats why im going on another one, its just such a great experience. Ill be doing 5 days in London before the tour aswell and hopefully Eastern Road after it. Glad someone else chose Egypt to, heard alot of people go with the Greek Islands! Im excited to, and its really not that far away now!

• 24 Aug 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

After Europe I want to do America…I’m thinking the Grand Southern. How many people are usually on a tour do you know?
    I know, its coming up so quick. Looking forward to meeting all new people and those kinds of experiences

• 24 Aug 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

i did the new york explorer and the grand northern, great tours. umm, rough estimate would be about 40 or so i think? dont know an exact number. Yeah i look forward to it to, contiki is a great experience! How old are you if you dont mind me asking.

• 24 Aug 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

I’m 21 and my friend is 22. Itl be my 22nd birthday while we are in Egypt!! How old are you?

• 24 Aug 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

I’m 24. Oh wow that’s really exciting that you get to spend your birthday in Egypt!!

• 15 Sep 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Hey,
    I’m Katrina I’m doing this tour with u to!! Going by myself aswell soo excited!! I’ll be turning 22 while on our trip too, think we will be in between Paris and Balcalona!! Yay can’t wait!! Iv meet a couple others on this trip too including Jade above!! Wow u are from the Whitsundays a place iv always wanted to visit soo beautiful there Iv heard!! I’m from Christchurch, NZ!

• 15 Sep 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

We can celebrate our birthdays together haha! Well after the tour you’ll have to do a trip to the Whitsundays :), words and photos just dont do it justice!!! Where else have you contikid before? Im getting my passport organized this week so im all invigorated and excited again!

• 15 Sep 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

My name is Melissa by the way lol

• 4 Oct 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Hay Melissa, yes I will soo have to come visit ur city!! This is my 1st Contiki! O exciting u are getting ur passport!! Last month I paid for my trip in full which was exciting soo all set in stone nw yay can’t wait!! Less than 6 months away nw!!

• 4 Oct 2011 Mel said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys, Im on this tour too!! Can’t wait! Going by myself aswell and it’ll be my birthday when were in Rome!! Im from the Central Coast NSW. March will be here in no time!!

• 8 Oct 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Hay Mel, Yay exciting! wow everyone is having birthdays popular months to be born lol! Yeah March will be here fast im sure, dnt know where this year has gone all I know is its gone way to fast!! Whn are u guys all heading over?

• 9 Oct 2011 Mel said

Default_avatar

I’ll arrive in London on the 26th. How bout you guys?

• 9 Oct 2011 Jade* said

Default_avatar

Hey Mel!! Great to meet someone else on our tour :D awesome that you get to spend your birthday in Rome!

Ill be in London from the 22nd March! and your right it will come around pretty quickly!

• 10 Oct 2011 missmel said

Default_avatar

Wow looks like we are goIng to have a few birthday celebrations! I can’t wait! My friend and I are getting into London on the 5th march. We’re doing a road trip around UK and Ireland first :) any idea how many people are going to be on the tour?

• 12 Oct 2011 Airnz_F/A_21 said

Airnz_F/A_21

Yeah differently going to have a few good celebrations!

Melissa u must be travelling with Rozie? I Have been talking to her in another discussion and she was saying how u are going around UK and Ireland 1st, how awsm is that going to be!! Wish I had more time to do the same but ill will just have to come back, heard its soo beautiful over that way!

Ill be arriving hopefully on the 25th march then look around london for a couple days.

Iv heard ppl say that may about 40ppl on the bus depends I guess think the bus can take up to 50ppl!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion