Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Question

How long in LA??

17 Aug 2011 Leese83 asked

Leese83

Hey,

Just wondering what the average number of days to stay in LA is for before or after a tour?? Im doing the Wild Western and it looks like it really only spends a day in LA at the end. Im thinking of stay 4 days after but not sure if this is too much??

• Read the responses 11 responses so far
  • 21 Aug 2011 lou_85 said

lou_85

Hey, I’m doing La to the Bay in April and I’m spending 3 days pre tour in LA but it doesn’t look like it’s going to be enough – there’s so much I want to see. I think 4 would be good, maybe even 5? Depends how much stuff you want to do and see??

• 26 Aug 2011 Kris said

Kris

I’m going out there on Saturday and 4 nights pretour. Wish I could say it was planned for 4, but it was a combination of recovering jetlag and a cheap flight!

• 29 Aug 2011 Marlon1273909 said

Marlon1273909

im doing the wild western winter beginning march, im adding on 4 days at the end of the tour hoping that some one will be doing the same. 1 day for hollywood/universal studios, 1 day to hang out venice/santa monica , maybe a movie star home tour. and see what happens the other 2 days..because la is so spread out it 2 days not enough..la lakers have home games at staples during this time too.

• 29 Aug 2011 Leese83 said

Leese83

sounds good! I decided on 2 days prior to adjust to the time diff and then 4 days after to do my own thing! Ur right, so much to see and do and u dont wanna feel u’ve left without seeing something. :)

• 29 Aug 2011 Marlon1273909 said

Marlon1273909

are you doing the winter tour and when did you book for..

• 30 Aug 2011 Leese83 said

Leese83

Nah im not doing the winter tour. The one im doing starts on the 26th October. Are u doin the same?

• 31 Aug 2011 Marlon1273909 said

Marlon1273909

nah im keen to do some snowboarding and i still have to save so i will be going early march now…

• 1 Sep 2011 Skye said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the Southern Adventure on October. I have 5 days 6 nights in LA prior to my tour.

• 2 Sep 2011 michael1234 said

michael1234

im doing the same wild westurn tour on the 26th oct i’ll be there for like 5 days prior with no plans at all…

• 2 Sep 2011 Leese83 said

Leese83

u know where ur staying before the tour? i booked the kyoto just so its easy and get there 2 days before.

• 14 Oct 2011 Tamara21 said

Tamara21

Im doing the LA to the Bay trip on 7th december but I also noticed that the tour didnt spend much time in LA so I booked a 3 day tour of LA before my other trip.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.