Community_discussions_small  

Question

How strict are they REALLY about my luggage?

17 Aug 2011 Jillian asked

Jillian

They say that they will weigh my suitcase before we get on the tourbus. Is this really true? Do they weigh it at regular intervals or just at the beginning? Airlines let you bring 50lb. I hope they don't weigh it at the end!

• 18 Aug 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

When I went they only weighed it at the beginning. People that were over did have to take things out. Contiki lets you bring 20kgs which I think is 44lbs.

• 18 Aug 2011 ParisBound said

ParisBound

What is the deal with the carry on bag? Why would it matter that my carry on has wheels??? If I am not bringing it around town with me then why does it matter how big it is? The rest of the time I am on planes and trains?

• 18 Aug 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

There is not much room on the bus (less space than an airplane) for carry on luggage

• 18 Aug 2011 Kaznagan said

Kaznagan

where are you going, i did the grand southern last year and my suit case was not weighed nothing, i acutally had to buy a second bag halfway through the trip (i like to shop sad i know) i just asked the driver before i did it and he gave the ok to do it, now mind you, myself and some of the others on the tour helped the driver get bags on and off at each stop becuase i dunno about you but i somehow dont think i’d like to do that by myself and it helped in getting us all settled in the hotels a whole lot quicker.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion