Community_discussions_small  

Question

anyone doing Egypt & nile tour 17 march 2012?

19 Aug 2011 louisa asked

louisa

is anyone doing the Egypt and Nile tour in march of next year? we are a group of 4 friends traveling from cape town, South Africa.

• 15 Sep 2011 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Me and my sister are thinking about booking this trip but I am scared about the weather. I dont want it to be windy or have any sandstorms. If anybody has been to Egypt in March and could tell me what its like that would be a big help!

• 17 Sep 2011 louisa said

louisa

Hi there i checked the weather on the internet they said it is T shirt weather with a scarf and light jacket in the evenings. Sunny weather and not to humid and hot. You can get a little wind but it wont be every day.

• 19 Sep 2011 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Thanks Louisa. Hopefully there will be two spots left soon.

• 6 Oct 2011 Nicole said

Default_avatar

We are going!! My sister and I are booked and so excited. We are from Melbourne in Australia but I haven’t booked flights or accommodation yet as we need to choose a really cool hotel that’s not too expensive anybody have any suggestions?

• 6 Oct 2011 louisa said

louisa

why do you need accommodation? its included in the price. or do you land earlier? that’s going to be one long flight :) i love Melbourne, its my favorite aus destination! I can ask my niece if she knows of nice not to expensive hotels in egypt and post on the wall :)

• 7 Oct 2011 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Thanks Louisa. We want to stay a couple days before tour starts to explore and relax at a hotel. Yes going to be a long flight!

• 14 Nov 2011 Explorer1318918 said

Default_avatar

me and my friend will be on this tour! were from buffalo, ny. i did an australia contiki tour a few years ago. n egypt has been on my list ever since. I cant wait!!!

• 21 Dec 2011 louisa said

louisa

We will be going on tour in less than 3 months!!!! I am as excited as a kid before christmas :) cant wait to meet all of you and have one big party through egypte. hopefully they have stoped with al their fighting by then.

• 22 Dec 2011 Nicole said

Default_avatar

Yes hopefully the fighting stops! I really want to still go but my parents say don’t go. Hopefully
    it will be over soon as I think its too dangerous at the moment.

• 22 Dec 2011 louisa said

louisa

Well i know that my treavel agent went to egypt 3 weeks ago… She said i must go speak to her in jan. but she said everything is fine.. And they dont take you to the war riden places…. Well coming from africa maybe we are a bit more relaxed, not thatbsouth africa is anything like the rest of africa :)

• 6 Jan 2012 Kerry said

Kerry

Me and my husband just booked this tour the other day, We are from Perth Western Australia….cant wait so excited!!!!!!

• 13 Jan 2012 Lee-Anne said

Lee-Anne

And the countdown has begun fellow travelling mates!!!! Before we know it we will be partying up a storm in Egypt!!! Really looking forward to our adventure. I am travveling with my friend Louisa :)

• 13 Jan 2012 louisa said

louisa

whooooo hoooo! Kerry when are you and your husband arriving? The four of us arrive in Egypt 05:55. maybe if you guys also arrive early we can meet up at the hotel and maybe explore Cairo together the first day… Anyone else also arriving early in Cairo let us know… the bigger the group the better…. i heard Cairo can be a bit scary if you are a little group exploring :)

• 14 Jan 2012 Kerry said

Kerry

We get in at 5:25, we will definately have to meet up before the tour starts, I wanna explore Cairo too!

• 14 Jan 2012 louisa said

louisa

awesome… so you will now be joining our discovering cairo pre contiki tour group. you have no choice in this matter :) hie hie… i think contiki is sending out a bus for us all to be collected to take us to our hotel… i think because we all get in at plus minus the same time we will be on the same bus?! we will have to discuss a time we meet up in the lobby of the hotel (just before we travel to egypt). cant wait to meet all of you and have one big partykie!!

• 14 Jan 2012 louisa said

louisa

p.s. does any of you have blackberry? then its not going to be a problem finding each other :)

• 1 Feb 2012 Ekta said

Default_avatar

Me and my sister booked this tour few weeks ago. We are from sydney. Does anyone know if there is any problem getting visa on arrival? i called the Egyptian embassy in sydney they said it’s fine if we get it on arrival and its heaps cheaper aswell.

• 1 Feb 2012 Lee-Anne said

Lee-Anne

Not too sure about that….we are playing safe and sent our visa app’s to the embassy here in RSA.

• 1 Feb 2012 Kerry said

Kerry

Yeah we sent our visa apps to the embassy to, and no blackberry Louisa we have iPhones

• 1 Feb 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    Pete from Sydney. We’re beta testing an online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email. yay, no more stamps. There’s postcards from the places you’re going so please check it out and let me know what you think. www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Thanks guys.
    Safe travels!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.