Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European August 2012?

20 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 asked

Jasmine247

Anyone looking into the Ultimate European in August next year whether it be Egypt or Greek Islands?

• 20 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Hey Jasmine,

Yep, am looking at either at the moment around July or August…first big trip away so will be pretty stoked when I have it booked! What about you?

• 20 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

Probably Mid august, cause that way we get to Berlin at Oktoberfest!

First big trip, that’s exciting! This will be my first time in Europe – looking forward to it! Have you decided on Egypt or Greek Islands?

• 20 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Haha yeh did see the Oktoberfest there, that’s what made me think about August! Is it getting a bit cold around then though?

I’m leaning more towards Egypt, as I’m planning to stay in Scotland with friends after the tour (depending if I get my two year working holiday visa before I go) and they go over to the islands quite a bit, so I could see them then.

What about you?

• 21 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

I’m going with Egypt – it’s what made me want to do this tour in the first place.
    Yeah, it may be a bit colder then but it shouldn’t be too bad, less sunburn that way, haha!
    If you’re staying for two years, it’d probably be easier to get around the Islands on your own rather than Egypt too.

• 21 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

I’ve decided Egypt too :) – this year is going to drag big time!

• 21 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

hahaha, yay! Have you decided on a date in August yet? You travelling by yourself or with friends?

I know! This year is going to take so long, I wish it was already here!

• 22 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Haven’t booked a date yet, am waiting for the travel agent to give me a call when the new Contiki brochures come in which will hopefully be the start of or mid Sept. You?

I’m travelling by myself, I’m sure I’ll be getting pretty nervous closer to the time! You?

Is it too early to start counting down the days? haha

• 23 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

It’s totally NOT too early to start counting the days!!!!

I’m going with my best friend, I’m trying to convince her that we need to go to a travel agent and pick a day! Will probs look at flights and stuff for the next few months first for cheaper prices etc.

• 23 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Aw that’s awesome, my friends are either not really into travel, or they have kids, so by myself I go :) .

Travel agent is the way to go, they know all the good deals for flights and they sort your visa for Egypt etc etc etc… since this is my first big trip away from AU and NZ I’m too scared to do it myself!!! I’m stockpiling the Lonely Planets haha.

I’ll let ya know when I’ve booked a date, then it’s time to get really excited! :)

• 23 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

I’m actually surprised my bff actually wants to go with me, especially seeing as how much she hates flying (It’s gunna be a looong trip over :P)

There are more people that I know who’ve gone by themselves rather than in a group & they’ve had a fantastic time!

I’ve never been to Europe, but I’ve lived in Thailand by myself so I’m not too scared. Yes please, tell me what date you choose when you book in – hopefully we go the same one!

• 23 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Reeeaally not looking forward to the long flight over :( don’t mind flying, just hate sitting for that long! But once the flights over it will be all gooood!! :)

I don’t know anyone that’s done one of these trips, but I’m not bothered about going by myself, will probably be more fun! :P

Wow, Thailand, that would have been pretty wicked!. Yep will let ya know a date, but won’t know til about mid Sept….plenty of time! :) If you book one before me – would be cool to get the same one!

• 24 Aug 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

Yeah, I like the idea of flying half way, then having a few hours off the plane or even a day somewhere then jump back on, not sure what to do about that yet though.

Yeah, Thailand was fantastic! And so cheap, it was really easy to live over there, unlike Europe :P I’m saving like a madman at the moment! I hate having to budget :P

Yes, we can keep each other updated about what dates we choose, it’d be cool to go the same one :)

• 24 Aug 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Well that’s an idea with the flight thing, just depends how much it will cost to stop over and where to stop over

Same! Hate budgeting. Have so much to do before then, I want this year to go fast, but if it goes too fast I’m afraid I might have paid for the trip and have no money to enjoy it! :P Good thing I’m working in WA!

Hopefully I’ll do the Thailand one day, I’ll message you for tips :D

• 8 Sep 2011 Belinda said

Default_avatar

Hi Jasmine!
    I’m doing the Ultimate European + Egypt on the 19th August 2012. I’m so excited, we’ve got a facebook page up and running for it too! Have you chosen a date yet? Come on this one haha :) Zoe, you should pick this one as well!!!
    Belinda.

• 8 Sep 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hey there guys, I did this earlier this year and wrote a blog about it. Here is the link, hope it helps http://bit.ly/conlink

• 8 Sep 2011 Jasmine247 said

Jasmine247

Hi Belinda! Omg, I’m so excited, finally someone whose picked a date! Going to facebook now to joining the page!

And thanks Earl – you’re a biiig help :D

• 8 Sep 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

No problems at all, let me know if you have any questions.

• 8 Sep 2011 Belinda said

Default_avatar

Yay Jasmine I’m soooo excited too!!! I’ve just added you to the page!
    The 19th of August works out perfectly with octoberfest too, which is a definite plus :)
    I’m travelling solo, so I thought it would be great to get a fb page started so everyone can get to know each other and ask questions :)

• 8 Sep 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

Hey girls and Earl :)

Yep 19th Aug it is :) woop woop!!

Checking out your blog now Earl, thanks!!

• 8 Sep 2011 Zoe2012 said

Zoe2012

P.S: Earl, verdict on your blog…….AWESOME!! I cracked up within the first minute….. good stuff!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion