Community_discussions_small  

Question

Christchurch-Queenstown (clockwise) depart 24 Sep

21 Aug 2011 zax asked

zax

anyone else departing for this trip? this trip seems quite popular and its almost fully booked!

• 23 Aug 2011 Kristina said

Default_avatar

hey Zax….im doing the grand explorer which leaves christchurch on the 24th of sept, but ends in Auckland. Not sure if we’ll be on the same tour until Qeenstown, or a completly different one! Not long to go now.

• 24 Aug 2011 zax said

zax

hey Kristina, that’s good to know…i bet it’s the same one as its a combined trip with the grand xplorer one. so most likely for this leg of the trip to Queens, we would be on the same :)

• 26 Aug 2011 zax said

zax

24 Sep departing CHC to Queens is a full house!

• 28 Aug 2011 Kim said

Kim

I also am doing the Christchurch to Auckland trip. I have no doubt we will all be on the same bus together! Where will u be coming from Zax?
    I’m from a very long way away…Sydney haha

• 28 Aug 2011 zax said

zax

hello Explorer1254670, what a coincidence! I’m from a very long way away too….Sydney! Interesting…but I’m giving Auckland a miss as I will be back next year to the north, Auckland. The South is more exciting!

• 29 Aug 2011 Kim said

Kim

Fair enough, all depends on time and money and whats going on I guess. I have a wedding on in the middle of the trip so I’m killing two birds with one stone :)

• 29 Aug 2011 zax said

zax

that’s a really good plan :)

• 2 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

Hi all 21 days to go! I’m doing this tour too – just got the little contiki document wallet this week.

• 3 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

Hi Cindy. that sounds awesome! i got mine just yesterday direct from Contiki office…
    where will u be coming from?

Counting down the dayzzz…

• 4 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

I’m coming from Gladstone, Queensland. My husband and I are both doing the tour. Very much looking forward to a holiday! Already looking at the optional activities and picked out a few I definitely want to do.

• 4 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

you’ve said it! it will be one amazing holiday!

• 6 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

no way! im going on this tour to and coming from gladstone queensland as well! cant wait :)

• 6 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

small world hey jessica! When are you leaving Gladstone? Micheal and I leave on the 21st of Sept in the evening. Our international flight is on the 22nd. Will see you soon :)

• 6 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

ah were just out by one day, lol I leave gladstone on the 22nd and will arrive in NZ around lunch time on the friday :) extremly small world, haha what are the chances! cant wait!

• 8 Sep 2011 Andy said

Andy

I’m coming on this tour and I’m from Adelaide.

• 9 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

Hello there Said! And you too Jessicaellen!

Small world indeed…I reckon many on this trip are from Australia! Oh, is it like another 11 days to go?
    Anyone doing skydiving or whitewater rafting?

• 9 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

Woo Hoo – I have 5 days left of work :o) Then I might start thinking about what to pack!
    Hey Jess I think you know my sister Jade.
    Ummmm don’t plan on the skydiving Zax but possibly the whitewater rafting. I’m keen for the Jetboat shotover thing and definitely a helicopter ride. May do the canon swing – my sister just did it and really enjoyed it.
    Hi said – see you soon!
    Are you guys all planning on being at the meet and greet thing the night before?

• 10 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

ohhh! jade! who just came from nz? yes i do know her, lol went to school with her. im deff thinking of the canyon swing :) but not to sure on anything else, when were in queenstown do you think there would be time to go visit the minus 5 icebar? id love to visit there to :) is the meet and greet thing at the contiki hotel on the friday night? because i check in that day, so im guessing yes? lol

• 10 Sep 2011 Kristina said

Default_avatar

Hi Jessicaellen, I was thinking of going to either minus 5 icebar or below zero icebar one night while in queenstown, it would be great for a big group of us to go!
    Yes there is a meeting the night before the tour starts at the Bealey Hotel where the tour starts from. I wont be there as I dont get in until late on the 23rd.

• 10 Sep 2011 Andy said

Andy

Does anybody know how to book the Optional Tours?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion