Community_discussions_small  

Question

Christchurch-Queenstown (clockwise) depart 24 Sep

21 Aug 2011 zax asked

zax

anyone else departing for this trip? this trip seems quite popular and its almost fully booked!

• 10 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

I deff agree for a group of us to go to one of the icebars :) cant wait! ah ok then yeah i will be there for the meeting lol, and andy i read somewhere in all the documents that our travel guide will help to book optionals?

• 10 Sep 2011 Kim said

Kim

I won’t be arriving til late either that Friday night 23rd so I won’t make the tour meeting. Looking forward to meeting everyone, its going to be so much fun!!
    So many things I want to do, can’t wait! Don’t worry about booking the options, tour guide will organise numbers in advance as we move around all you have to do is say yes or no :)

• 10 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

cant wait to meet you all, countdown is on :)

• 11 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

Hey Andy I think we just book the optional stuff while on tour.
    We went to the minus 5 bar in Sydney a few years ago. We might do it again. I think we are planning on being at the meet and greet at the Bealy Hotel the night before so see you all then.

• 11 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

i heard of the minus5 icebar and it’s one of the places i shall check out! lol! but not heard of the below zero icebar. i’d reckon the minus5 is more popular? lol!
    if you go to minus5 at 2 to 3pm, there’s a discount and u pay only nzd10 instead of 32.
    darn, no one else doing skydiving? i’m seriously considering the 18K feet at franz josef.
    great Cindy! whitewater rafting would be awesome. but gonna skip the heli ride though…tried the heli before elsewhere..
    i’m planning to come for the meet & greet but will be late as it starts at 6.30pm based on the schedule..
    as for optional tours Andy, i read somewhere in this forum that the tour mgr will ask you and pay in advance as the bus approaches the destination..something like that i recall…

• 12 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

hey zax, i agree ive heard of minus 5 icebar before, but not the other one, but either way as long as i visit one of the icebars :) lol, deff not keen for skydiving, im to much of a chicken for that, still thinking of canyon swing, but thats all ive really considered at this stage i guess. cya all soon!

• 13 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

Hey Andy,
    I’m not 100% sure but I think we book them at the beginning of the tour or along the way????

• 16 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

omg! is it just next week we will all be meeting in Canterbury!?? counting down the dayzz!!

• 16 Sep 2011 Explorer1292230 said

Default_avatar

hey every1 just thought id say hi. I will be doing the scenic southern that leaves chch on 24th sept so id say we would all be on the same full bus lol. I am doing the tour with my wife and she says its awesome as she has already done it. 1 week 2 go!

• 16 Sep 2011 soni said

Default_avatar

Hi i will be on this bus with my partner – the bus is full. We are doing the scenic southern tour but that is only part of the full journey that some people do like the grand explorer etc. I have done this 1 b4 so i know we will all have a great time. Not long to go now c u all in a week :P

• 16 Sep 2011 jessicaellen said

jessicaellen

cant wait :) see you all soon!

• 17 Sep 2011 zax said

zax

hello Explorer1292230! fantastic to cya here! totally agree on that one..it’s FULL bus and we’re gonna ROCK the bus down!! lol!
    hi soni, this is your 2nd trip too? can’t get enuf of it yea? lol! cya soon!
    totally jessica! i can’t wait too and i have not even started packing. cya!

alrite peeps! check out this website and see if we can get some good deals here..
    http://www.bookme.co.nz/bookings/queenstown/home

im considering the insurance from worldnomads, not sure if it’s realiable but the coverage seems pretty good. so dont forget your insurance!

cheers all! cya all soonest!!

• 17 Sep 2011 soni said

Default_avatar

with this many aussies we know about already plus the ones we dont it should be a loud friendly bunch lol. Safe travels every1 . . . .its almost time!!!!

• 20 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

Hey soni,
    You may know the answer to this – My luggage is slightly out on the dimensions – 31″ × 16″ × 15″ instead of the 29″ × 20″ × 10″ do you think this will be an issue or not? Nothing like leaving it to the last minute :) We head out of here tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    Cindy.

• 20 Sep 2011 Cindy said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    For those that asked earlier where the Minus 5 bar is in Sydney, it use to be in East Circular Quay. Micheal and I went in 2007 so I’m only assuming it is still open :o)
    1 sleep and my journey begins!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.