Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Turkey Trip 2009 - Starting Aug. 28th/29th(Arriving Istanbul)

18 Jan 2009 TamaraQ said

TamaraQ
I am probably one of the first people to book the trip being its 7 months prior to departure!!! Anyoneone else thinking of booking this trip ... or already has?

Planning on going onward after?
  • 1 May 2009 Michael said

Default_avatar

Hey Tamara, I am booked on this tour also Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> My name is Mick and I am from Newcastle in Australia, how about you? Drop me an email to say hi at michaelbrucki@hotmail.com or reply to this, be cool to know some fellow travellers before the tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Jun 2009 Melissa said

Default_avatar

Hi Tamara and Mick – I just joined this tour too! My name is Melissa, I’m from the NY/NJ area. When do you arrive in Istanbul? My flight gets in at 9:55 am Saturday morning. Just wondering if anyone will be around to explore the city with that day. Looking forward to traveling with you!

• 5 Jun 2009 Michael said

Default_avatar

Hi melissa good to see our tour group growing.My first tour is the eastern road which I am flying in one day early and staying an extra day after that tour in Berlin but I arrive in istanbul 3:20pm on SAt 29th august so I will be able to go out in the evening if you want.My suggestion is to leave a message at reception that you have arrived and your room nummber and who gets there first will leave that message.Cheers Michael brucki

• 8 Jun 2009 Melissa said

Default_avatar

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response! That’s a good suggestion. I think there is a Contiki welcome meeting at some point on the first night as well. If we don’t meet up before that, then I’ll see you there. Have a great time on your Eastern Road trip! See you in Istanbul – Melissa Shore

• 27 Jun 2009 Explorer1141111 said

Default_avatar

Hi Melissa,

I just booked my trip to Istanbul for this tour. I’m also flying in around 9:50 AM on Saturday from NY (JFK). Maybe we could navigate our way together?

I’m also up for sightseeing on Saturday! I live in Minneapolis. Looking forward to meeting you. -Kristi

• 27 Jun 2009 Melissa said

Default_avatar

Hi Kristi,

It sounds like we might be on the same flight to Istanbul. Are you flying Turkish Airways?

I’m glad you are up to sightseeing Saturday. Sounds like we will hit the ground running! I always feel like I need to get the most out of each day. Looking forward to meeting you too! Melissa

• 4 Jul 2009 Olive said

Olive

Hy everybody.
    Have you been with contiki already on a holyday? Can anybody share experience? I am courious. Do you know the hotel we have accomodation in Istanbul?

• 8 Jul 2009 Melissa said

Default_avatar

Hi Olive,

I’ve traveled with Contiki before and have had several great experiences. The trips are well organized and everyone is friendly and lots of fun! If you are traveling solo it’s a terrific way to meet new people.

Melissa

• 14 Jul 2009 Explorer1129617 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone!

I’m on the Delta flight from JFK to Istanbul..arriving in Istanbul around 9:50am. It sounds like we will be arriving around the same time. Maybe we should all try to meet and catch a CAB to the hotel.

Just finished the Egypt & the Nile tour…you will definitely have a blast on a tour with Contiki!

-Steph

• 21 Jul 2009 Allison said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,

i’m on the turkish airlines 4:25pm¿ JFK flight arriving 9:55am saturday morning. Can’t wait to meet everyone. This is my first time traveling solo so i’m a bit nervous but i’m sure we’ll have an amazing time.

• 30 Jul 2009 Daryl.F said

Default_avatar

Hey all!

I will be joining this tour immediately after doing the Egypt & Nile tour. I can’t wait! I fly in with Egypt Air on the Saturday (I forget what time). I’m from Toronto Canada, and I’m travelling solo.
    Counting down the days!

Daryl

• 31 Jul 2009 John said

John

Hello everyone! I’m John, and I just booked this trip last-minute. This is my first Contiki trip, and I’m surprised that I share the same flight with most of you from JFK to Istanbul. Perhaps we can meet and apply for visas and transfer to the hotel together (which, according to Erbil’s website, is only 10 minutes away from the airport). Looking forward to meeting everyone and experiencing the trip!

• 11 Aug 2009 NYCtraveller said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,
    I am planning to book this trip. I know its last minute, so I am little worried about the visa. Can you guys let me know how long it took for your tourist visa to get processed? I am planning to go to the Embassy in NYC on Thursday. Did it take more than 2 weeks for anyone to get the visa?

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 11 Aug 2009 Allison said

Default_avatar

i was told by contiki that you can get your visa at the airport when you arrive in istanbul. it should cost around $20 USD.

• 11 Aug 2009 NYCtraveller said

Default_avatar

Unfortunately, I have an Indian passport. So, I have to apply for my visa before I get there ;(

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion