Community_discussions_small  

Question

Photography in a tour group?

24 Aug 2011 Mark303 asked

Mark303

I have always heard great things about Contiki, and think Egypt would be a great place to take advantage of traveling with a tour group. However I am a little concerned about how rushed you are at each site. I am a amateur photographer and a large part of me traveling is to take photos. So sometimes I might take a little longer at a location or want to wander off to get a different angle. Basically my question is typically how long do you have at site on average, and do you always have to stay with the group or do people do their own thing and meet back up.
Thanks!

• 30 Aug 2011 Nicki S said

Nicki S

First off, I never travel in tour groups, not my thing. But Egypt was the best place to jump into one the first time, it makes your trip so much smoother!! Contiki’s Egypt tour is really great and I had such a good time when I went in July. You get tons of pictures and Sherif, the tour guide, takes you to the best stuff at each site for your photos. You can linger a bit as the tour goes through each site, but I wouldn’t say you get tons of time to roam around on your own. If I wanted an extra shot or two, I hung behind the tour group and took my pictures while they walked on a bit. Right now, groups are super small, so you don’t have tons of people trying to get a photo, too. There are also minimal tourists in Egypt period, so less people getting in the way. Abu Simbel was about the only place we had plenty of time to roam around and take pictures, but only outside. Sherif is very relaxed and if you need another minute or two to get a photo, I don’t think he will mind as long as you are not holding up the whole group at every site. Hope this helps!

• 30 Aug 2011 Mark303 said

Mark303

Thanks Nicki. I appreciate the response!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.