Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl 17 Sept 2012

25 Aug 2011 harrojnr88 asked

harrojnr88

I know its a little early for this one, but figured the earlier the better to start finding out who else will be on this one!

This will be my first Contiki, as well my first travel alone, and its a big one! So just hoping to meet some people who will also be on it.

Also, if anyone will be staying in London after the tour finishes, whether short or long term as once I finish this tour, ill be getting settled and working in London for up to 2 years. So anyone else staying around there and keen to do alot of travelling around Europe would be good to meet too.

As im doing this all Solo (cant be bothered to wait for mates to get organised), Im doing alot of reading on here to get an idea on what the hell im doing. haha.

Hope to talk to you all soon!

• 5 Sep 2011 missollyfallan said

missollyfallan

Just reading through the posts and probs like nun of my business but has anyone else noticed the major flirt-fest happening between harrojr and katurah????

harrojnr, what do you have to say for urself?

• 5 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

hahaha seriously?

To be honest, I think just cuz a male and a female (who i might add have never even met or seen each other before) can hold a conversation, and are interested in meeting people before they go half way across the world by themselves… and speaking for myself am a friendly person and dont mind having a conversation.. doesnt necessarily mean its a, in your words, “flirt-fest”… I kind of consider having to have physical interaction in the real world before i would call anything flirting. haha.

A guy and a girl that are getting along, sure… “flirt-fest” maybe a little to over the top. haha but hey thats my opinion…

• 5 Sep 2011 katurah said

Default_avatar

missollyfallan, thankyou for contributing to the forum, however, I think that comment was unnecessary!

Will, You have a photo as your profile picture! Happy Birthday to your Nan! haha
    What’s a WRX? (excuse my ignorance!) That must have been really scary! Did they manage to steal anything?

• 5 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

haha well said.

Ah true that only shows a little bit… haha that picture is a little old, Ive got 3 more now, and that one is quite big… haha I was totally thinking of taking her out on the town down there… to bust a move… but just dont see that happening.. haha.

Ah its a Subaru Impreza WRX. (performance car). Yea it was kind of nuts hey… Like it was so unrealistic you almost considered thinking it wasnt real… like a set up or something… but it was legit… Well the news report said nothing was stolen.. but we saw them run out of there with money bags in their hands.. so not sure what all the was about.

• 6 Sep 2011 katurah said

Default_avatar

Yes! haha
    Well, as long as nobody was hurt!

• 6 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

I’ve done it guys no more indecisiveness, I have payed for my booking and it is now official. My European Contrast Tour departs September 6th 2012 :)

• 6 Sep 2011 katurah said

Default_avatar

Michael, that is very exciting! I wish I could make a decision! haha. I hope you have a fantastic time!
    Katurah.

Michael

You will and I’m sure you’ll make an awesome one at that. All the Europe tours seem to leave people wanting more from what I’ve read on these forums.I can’t wait and I even get to have my Birthday over there hehe, big party :)

• 6 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Ah man thats awesome… I just checked both our tours.. and they finish on the exact same day. Except you finish in Amsterdam and I finish in london. So you said you will head back to london for a few days?

Means we would be able to organise some drinks to tell some sweet contiki stories. Yea ive heard the same, everyone ive spoken to (my sister included) said they are amazing in Europe and loved every minute of it.

Know where u will be the night of your birthday? Nice if it was florence or Greek islands or Amsterdam. haha party it up.

• 6 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Also as the tours cross over all the time im pretty sure we might cross over at some point, im guessing maybe Munich, Prague or Venice… :) Might work that one out if i get some time and see if it matches up.

Michael

Will definetely have to catch up in London after tour :) Is there a way to find out if our tours cross paths

• 7 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Yea would just have to use the Map on the tour.. and calculate the days which you will be where.. Ill get to it on my lunch and see if they do..

• 7 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Hahaha just checked it out and there are THREE places where one leaves and then the other comes that day/afternoon, Prague, Munich and Swiss Alps! haha unlucky. Oh well will be time after im sure.

• 7 Sep 2011 Michael said

Michael

That is unlucky, oh well like you sad sure we’ll find time in London :)

• 11 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

hey guys!
    im Bec 22 yr old aussie girl.
    me, my partner and 2 of our good friends are looking at doing the whirl 17th Sept 2012.
    i didnt think anyone would have looked at starting a post for a few more months yet, im glad you did though :D
    we are looking at booking in the 1st week of november.
    just a bit dissapointed that we dont get to go to leaning tower of pisa during the tour, we are thinking if we have enough free time while in florence we will get a train to pisa.
    we are looking at staying in london for about 4 days before the tour and about 4-5 after the tour. it would be great to meet up before the tour etc and have few drinks and what not.
    have youguys looked into visa’s yet? im not to sure if we need one or not.

well talk to you guys soon :D
    Bec

• 11 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Hi Bec,

So there 4 of you coming on it also, Awesome! Yea i thought it might have been a little early but thought i would just put it up as i had put my deposit on, so i was definite, and just see who shows up.

Yea thats true about Pisa, but I was ok with this one as it went to Prague, and alot of them dont, and its a place i really wanted to go to. And well ive got plenty of time after the tour to get to there at some stage, so it wasnt too much of a worry for me. Oh cool well i am planning to get in about 2-3 days before, so the Friday before the tour start. Yea im always up for a beer! :) and i think ill be housed up at the hostel the tour leaves from, for my 2 days prior so i would assume you might be around the same area. If not im keen to go for an explore to find a place. haha.

Yea I have looked at Visa’s, but for me i believe will be different to you. As im staying there for (upto) 2 years after, I am getting a Youth Mobility Visa. However i think you would only need to get a Holiday Visa, cheaper and doesnt allow you to work. Suggested to do the Visa 3 months out so you got time if its not all correct, etc.

Glad there is finally someone else thats coming on the tour. :)

• 11 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

yeah pisa is only like an hr by train from florence so we will just see what happens on the day i guess, id prefer the fact we are going to swiss alps than pisa hahaha.
    yeah we arnt to sure where we wanna stay yet but it would definalty be at one of contikis hotels, prob the one the basement is connected to. just easier.
    why do you want to go to prague?
    we are looking at doing a day tour or 2 while we are in london up to stone hedges and out of the city a bit. it looks really nice and its not to far away.
    so have you booked any flights yet? i know there is only like 2 airlines that have released any dates for that far in advance.
    what city you in? your in aus yeah?

• 11 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Ah cool, well definitely an option if there is time i guess.. indeed! Cant wait for that… I am definitely doing the Jungfrau optional! even though its abit expensive… it would be phenomenal view… so im sold on that one. haha. Ah well I like the eastern europe feel, like the old USSR. I want to experience all that.. but most of those tours are insance expensive, but this one kinda gets there within the normal tour.. so might do a full eastern one sometime the year after or something. And ive heard its an amazing city!

Yea thats definitely one of the things i want to do after my tour.. Nah looking at booking the flights in October, as i think most only show them 11 months out. Ah what airlines have put up prices? might have a look, im probably getting mine with Emirates tho, as STA travel does a deal for if you purchase a Contiki you get s sweet flight ticket price with Emirates, so when your booking your contiki, have a talk to STA. And see what their whole package is together.

Yea im in Brisbane. You?

• 11 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh cool. im definalty sold on the jungfrau as well. im a sucker for scenery.
    yeah alot of em are, it was hard to find a balance of tours that are the right price, right length and right places. too many to choose from.
    air asia has flights on sale now, they dont go from bris to london though so it wood be fly to melbourne and then melbourne to london. but the flight is only like $1200 return compared to the $1900-$2100 from Bris.
    yeah thanks, ill definaltly talk to STA about it. i cant wait for the travel expo. its first week nov dunno if its on the coast or in bris though, gotta wait for details.

oh sweet as, im in bris as well.
    where bouts? im on south side in wishart.

• 12 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Yea thats it, But i guess to many is a good thing. haha. I am still considering changing(if possible) to the contrasts, which is 29 days, but considerably more… but see more places (like pisa). Just dont know if thats too long tho! Yea they all look pretty damn $$$, I think i only need a 1 way tho.. so ill be getting mine for like $999 through emirates, straight from bris. and I have family in Dubai to visit and see dubai for 4 days… so it works out well for me.. and ill work out getting home when i need to.. haha.

Oh really, you gotta remind me about that one! haha. or where can i find the details so i can put in a reminder. Im central Northside. In Wilston, right inbetween like Newmarket & Bowen Hills.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion