Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl 17 Sept 2012

25 Aug 2011 harrojnr88 asked

harrojnr88

I know its a little early for this one, but figured the earlier the better to start finding out who else will be on this one!

This will be my first Contiki, as well my first travel alone, and its a big one! So just hoping to meet some people who will also be on it.

Also, if anyone will be staying in London after the tour finishes, whether short or long term as once I finish this tour, ill be getting settled and working in London for up to 2 years. So anyone else staying around there and keen to do alot of travelling around Europe would be good to meet too.

As im doing this all Solo (cant be bothered to wait for mates to get organised), Im doing alot of reading on here to get an idea on what the hell im doing. haha.

Hope to talk to you all soon!

• 12 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Haha yea we get treated like an adult surprisingly at work. So as long as I get my work done, they don’t mind too much. And music gets me in the zone when working so there are no distractions. :)

Ah a lot of different stuff, really depends on my mood! From karnivool, the script, boyce avenue, tinchy stryder, tinie tempah, tech n9ne, lil Wayne, LMFAO, Chase and status, sun kil moon, john butler trio, Xavier tues, a lot of different stuff! Haha. You?

• 12 Sep 2011 katurah said

Default_avatar

I thought I would be treated like an adult and in most classes I am, but in one our teacher actually hands out stickers!

I also have varied tastes but my all time favourites would be The Script, The Fray, Snow Patrol, Eskimo Joe and The Wanted. (they’re a british boy band, don’t judge!). I also like top 40 stuff and Sia. I also like Tinie Tempah and JOhn Butler Trio, as you mentioned. Aussie bands are good!

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

omg sorry guys bout the crazy notifications. oh, when we went on our american contiki trip i checked us in online and coz my partner didnt have a contiki log on i just changed my name to his to check him in, i prob should change it back hahaha.
    so will seems we have a mutual friend. Matt persello. lol.
    your teacher hands out stickers, lol. thats cool as.

Default_avatar

Thanks for clearing it up! Yes, sometimes even scratch and sniff ones!! haha

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh i havent seen those in years. hahaha.
    so is this your first tour as well katurah with contiki?

Default_avatar

Yes, my first tour.and major holiday not with my family! I will be travelling solo too! Super nervous! My fav is choc mint ( the stickers, lol!) What music do you like? How do you get bold text on your posts?
    Not sure whether I have mentioned it or not, but I really liked your tip about saving on the saving article! Thanks!

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh wow, definatley scary. umm bits of everything, im a sucker for yellowcard, three against angus, taylor swift and miley cyrus (dont laugh lol)
    but yeah most stuff thats on the radio but i like stuff you can dance to aswell lol.
    i hope it was helpful. i like to think it works for other ppl coz doing that is how me and des have travelled so much in 2 yrs.

Default_avatar

Miley Cyrus isn’t that bad! You could have said Justin Bieber!! (awks, i actually don’t mind him!)
    People tease me all the time as I like a british boy band called The Wanted!
    I also like Yellowcard!
    What other tours have you been on?

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

um we have done an intrepid tour through singapore malaysia and thailand, done a self tour through north and south new zealand, done vanuatu, done contiki through america (California, Nevada and Arizona) and done starline tour in mexico.
    i dont mind beiber, but i wouldnt go to his concert or n e thin lol.
    have you ever seen yellowcard live? they are soooo good. i got to meet them coz my friend was in their support band, they were so nice. the wanted? ill download and have a listen

Default_avatar

Wow, you must love travelling!! No, I havven’t seen them live but I know people that have and they said it was fantastic! You’re so lucky you got to meet them!!!! I wouldn’t go to a JB concert either!
    Sure, have listen and tell me what you think (download legally, though!)
    Will, I hope you’re loving YOUR mass notifications!! :)

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

yeah i do. i wanna do all my travelling before i have kids.
    ill let you know for sure.
    hahaha i bet he is, i bet when i check my blackberry its gonna be packed with em to lol.
    can i add you on facebook aswell?

Default_avatar

That sounds like a good idea! Travelling with kids, not my idea of fun!

OKay, I look forward to hearing what you think- it’d be great to have a fellow fan!

I sound like the strangest person ever saying this, but I actually don’t have facebook at the moment! I had some major spam/account hijacking stuff happen and have had it deleted! In about two weeks I will be able to re sign up using the same e-mail! I’ll add you or you can add me when I do! I’ll be in need of some friends with a new account and all!

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

hahaha no problem :)
    i had that happen with my email like 4 times in a row, i had to log into a friends account to unlock mine was weird as

Default_avatar

Yes, it weirded me out, too!
    I’t been a weird couple of weeks without facebook, thats for sure!
    What’s your fav Yellowcard song? Mine is Light Up The Sky oh, and breathing, and believe is my all time fave. :D

harrojnr88

WOW! yep i got hammered with notifications! haha

Interesting read.. im finally all caught up.. Ive not seen Yellow Card, but I have been to Linkin Park live… it… was… AMAZING! It was a full on multimedia show, insane.

Yea you do sound like abit of a wierdo… haha. But its only 2 weeks im sure you will survive.

Yellow card.. wow havent heard them in years!!

Default_avatar

Haha, I feel sorry for Michael who will have heaps! missollyfallan will have heaps too, but i’m not sure I feel sorry for her!! oops, probably shouldn’t say that!

I LOVE Linkin Park and I have seen them live, too! It was soo good! :)

It’s only a week and a half now, not that i’m counting!

harrojnr88

HAHAHAHAHA! mmm well no i think it was deserved with that unnecessary comment.. haha.

Yea it was awesome.. did u seem them on the Thousand Suns tour… the latest one? :)

no.. not at all… haha

Default_avatar

Yes, hopefully she just does multiple delete and doesn’t read this!!
    Yes, in Sydney last year! What about you?
    Haha, I wouldn;t say i;m one of those facebook addicts but you dont realise how much you use it until its taken away!

• 12 Sep 2011 missollyfallan said

missollyfallan

harrojnr88

oh missollyfan, your paragraph 1 & 3 show just how immature you are. This is a forum for people to connect in reference to contiki, tours, and travelling. If you want to make comments like that, that just dont make sense and are silly. Go onto Oasis.com.au and talk to those people.

And in reference to your, quite simply stupid comment at the end there, I’m not even going to respond to, as it is pathetic, and not even worthy of a response. And is quite rude, to both me making that assumption that i am that shallow, and 2 to katurah, for assuming thats the only reason she would be spoken to.

If you are going to continue to make these pointless and irrelevent comments please just delete this topic from your following and dont comment. Thanks.

Katurah: I saw them with my best mate here in Bris, was sold out. and the show was so awesome.

Yea i know what you mean… id say im boarder line addict.. haha. But hey its just so much easier to keep up with people that would normally fall by the way side as they dont live close anymore.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.