Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Whirl 17 Sept 2012

25 Aug 2011 harrojnr88 asked

harrojnr88

I know its a little early for this one, but figured the earlier the better to start finding out who else will be on this one!

This will be my first Contiki, as well my first travel alone, and its a big one! So just hoping to meet some people who will also be on it.

Also, if anyone will be staying in London after the tour finishes, whether short or long term as once I finish this tour, ill be getting settled and working in London for up to 2 years. So anyone else staying around there and keen to do alot of travelling around Europe would be good to meet too.

As im doing this all Solo (cant be bothered to wait for mates to get organised), Im doing alot of reading on here to get an idea on what the hell im doing. haha.

Hope to talk to you all soon!

• 12 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh thats just nuts, i wanna do a canyon swing. was going to in queenstown but had issues with my back at the time and didnt wanna really hurt myself. i would like to do the paragliding though that would just be amazing, oh are you gonna do the zorb balling? i did that on the goldy and my god it was awsome! we did hydro though so we were in a pool of water in the ball rolling down the hill hahaha.
    i wanna start getting stuff now too but dont really know what coz swiss alps is gonna be freezing but italy and stuff is gonna be hot. so im torn with how much of each season to take lol.
    and it sucks coz knowing my luck ill take my sexy lil dress for clubbing in berlin and ill prob end up freezing, the dillemmas of being a chick hahaha.

oh dubai thats cool. i dont mind a stop over i just wanna go somewhere i havent been before so i can explore a little or get a few pics and stuff.
    whats UAE?? :l
    yeah that is rather a big flight isnt it hahah

• 13 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

I havent done zorbing, might have to do that one time.
    Ah its a tough life for a girl huh.. haha. Ill just need jeans and my sweet jacket.. it is always good for anything, never gets cold. so ill just take that one! haha.

Yea thats true, thats why i did Dubai, as its completely different to everywhere else. and there is lots of super rich people there as there all like billionaire sheikhs. haha. Ah UAE = United Arab Emirates, as in the country that Dubai is in. haha.

• 13 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh you have to do zorbing, its so fun.
    yes it is quite tough for a chick sometimes :p as long as i can get in the club thats the main thing lol.
    i spose dress code is alot better for a chick though we can wear anything and get in but you boys its pretty strict.
    i wouldnt mind seeing the palm tree islands and the earth island in dubai. dont laugh but i didnt know that was the country lol blushes
    i did the smart thing today and bought in my ipod to work, not so quite today lol.
    got the pretty reckless playing, love it.

• 13 Sep 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Yea dress codes are shittt!!! I wonder if there as bad over in europe compared to australia. i dont think so , well hope not.

Yea thats what i want to see! :) And go into the super tall building.. and get some photos from the top. :) hahaha yea i may have had a little laugh!

Well i havent even had a chance to listen to mine today, wont get much at all.. got alot of meetings with different bosses, and my first Business showing of a project i worked on! :S Well the first where I have been in charge of a whole section of a project and worked independantly… So a little nervous.

• 13 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

i just hate how different clubs are all so different with the dress codes
    oh wow, thats exciting. good luck impressing all the bosses :D
    have ya had the meeting yet? i only just bought to have my lunch. been busy as.

• 14 Sep 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

the expo in bris is on the 30 oct at the convention centre and the expo for goldy is on 6 nov at gold coast convention centre :)

• 14 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

well we have just booked the tour, there is 5 of us coming.
    me and my husband (23 and 31)
    my best friend and her man (23 and 34) and another one of our friends (23)
    cant wait :D

• 14 Oct 2011 harrojnr88 said

harrojnr88

Ah awesome… so we got 6 all up so far.. haha. Only another 40 odd to go!! :)

• 14 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

lol. i spoke to contiki the other day, they said its more than 2/3 full already but wouldnt tell me actuall numbers :)

harrojnr88

Oh wow!!! thats insane! but awesome. :) I think its cuz its the last tour of that season maybe… Looking forward to it already. :)

• 14 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

yeah, i thought mayb coz its the only one of the whirl that goes to oktoberfest lol. its great though :)
    we are to, we just gotta figure out what we wanna do before tour coz we will only have few days in london. we thinking shopping in oxford st, harry potter tour (they just opened hogwarts tour) a 3-4 hr tour that goes to all major sites n prob m&m world aswell. n hopefully a broadway show to lol. your more than welcome to join us on n e thin :)

harrojnr88

Haha that sounds awesome… Closer to ill work out when i get into london, etc.. cuz I am now doing a round the world flight, so im going over via Bris-Auckland-LA-London… so not sure how much time i have pre tour. but if it works out im definitely keen to do some of that. :)

• 14 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

oh wow sweet as. do you know how long you are going to each place for? your not going to dabui any more then?

harrojnr88

Ah Auckland for 2 days to see my sister, LA for a week to see a mate who is over there acting.. Then planning to hit london like 3-4 days prior i guess.

Nah no dubai.. this offer was too good to say no.. and wanted to get to see my mate over in LA…

• 14 Oct 2011 Bec14 said

Bec14

yeah sounds like a good offer for sure. nice lengthly holiday with getting to see some family and friends along the way. how much better can it get, have you been to LA before?

• 25 Apr 2012 JoanneLee1303 said

JoanneLee1303

Hey!

If you are still doing the Whirl on Sept 17th 2012, my friend Linds (22) and I (25) will be traveling with you. Though we are only spending a couple days prior in London, and an extra day in Paris at the end.

• 4 Sep 2012 des27 said

des27

thought i better join, as i also will be on the 17 Sep European whirl, one week till we fly out and spend a couple of days before the tour starts with bec14.

• 8 Sep 2012 zacccc-harry said

zacccc-harry

hey peeps! ill be joining with another 4 people! im 25, another is 24 another is 24 another is 22 and another is 22 or something… coming up quick! can’t wait :D well be in london 2 days before and after…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion