Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ultimate European

3 Aug 2010 cristin1129 said

cristin1129
Hey guys! I'm thinking about going on UE sometime in 2012. However, I need to start saving money now! I was just curious about how much some of you spent on that trip. I know they say about 100 euros a day, but that seems so broad. When I figured it out, it was around $18,000 (including tour, optionals, daily euros, and travel). Is that about what anyone else spent?

BTW, I figure that I probably won't drink every night, just occasionally, but I do like souvenirs!

Thanks!!
  • 5 Aug 2010 Jordan said

Jordan

im probably not the best person to answer this because i’ve never been, but i plan on doing the ultimate european in 2012 and from my own little bit of research i’m planning on bringing about $20,000. i think you can do less, but that seems to be enough to be able to do pretty much whatever you want without many limitations!
    woo cya then!

• 5 Aug 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

$18,000 for one tour? I spent that in 3 months in Europe and I think I did 3 tours.

I personally didn’t buy many drinks as we used to just shout shouts and drink beforehand. Also, I didn’t do any shopping pretty much.

It’s up to you but I think for $18,000 you could live like a king/queen.

Just my opinion, everyone’s spending is different.

• 6 Aug 2010 cristin1129 said

cristin1129

Thanks to both of you!

jordan—I’m planning on bringing that much too, I just hope I can bring a few thousand home with me!

Explorer1147179—It is alot of money to spend, but I believe it’s worth it in the end. I’m hoping that I don’t spend all of that, but I do want to be prepared just in case. When I really sat down to estimate all the costs (taking into consideration the low cost of bus days), it really averaged out to be something around $14,500 (and that includes a 2 week trip to Ireland and Scotland) which is much more reasonable.

Still planning to hopefully bring $20,000 just in case Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.

Thanks again!

• 27 Jun 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Hey Im planning on going on this tour at the end of June 2012, and Im having trouble figuring out how much to take aswell! I was thinking like $10, 000 maybe.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion