Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone going to Whitsundays, on the 2nd October?

27 Aug 2011 beck asked

beck

Hi there, my name is Beck, was just wondering if anyone was going to the Whitsundays Tour, leaving from Sydney on the 2nd of October?

• 29 Aug 2011 Mychelle28 said

Default_avatar

Hi Beck – I am on the same tour, except I am not doing the Whitsundays Option.
    I get to Sydney on the Saturday – am super excited can’t wait :)
    Michelle

• 1 Sep 2011 beck said

beck

Hi Michelle thanks for your reply, what are you doing instead of the Whitsundays then?

• 5 Sep 2011 Jenny1284811 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I am on the same tour as well but like Mychelle I am not doing the sailing option for two days. I will be doing the great barrier reef cruise and probably the half day sailing option on the second day and enjoy the daydream island ressort. I am soooo excited! I also get to sydney that saturday

• 6 Sep 2011 Mychelle28 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jenny – it shall be so much fun – not too long to go now!
    Where abouts are you staying on the Saturday Night?

• 6 Sep 2011 beck said

beck

Hi Jenny, well we might be sailing buddies! lol can’t wait to meet you all there!

• 6 Sep 2011 Jenny1284811 said

Default_avatar

Hi Michelle, I believe the first night (saturday)I’ll be staying at the hotel that contiki has assigned to us in sydney. My flight arrives at 6 am soo I am not sure if I’ll need to wait to get checked in. all I know is that I am going to be very very tired when I arrive so I’ll probably chill for the remainder of the day. Hi Beck, I am only doing one day of sail , did you take the two day sailing option? I was tempted to do so but then I thought I may not like spending a night on a boat, plus I do like the option of staying at the daydrem island ressort. I am soo excited, this is my dream trip :) ohh BTW, I am planning to stay in Sydney for 4 days after the trip, do you guys have any idea of cheap hotels or a good area to stay?

• 7 Sep 2011 beck said

beck

Hi Jenny, Beck here, oh i didn’t know that you could have the option of only one day sailing!! Gee hope i like it! Oh well i paid for it so hopefully i do like it. I am excited as well, but a little nervous as i have never traveled Solo before, but it definitely should be a great experience, and about Sydney, i really am not sure where to stay in Sydney as i am from Melbourne myself. Look forward to meeting you !

• 8 Sep 2011 Mychelle28 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jenny, I reckon the place we are staying at the night before our Contiki would be as good as any! It seems to be in a really good location, as they may even give you a slightly cheaper rate, seen you will have travelled with Contiki :)
    Look foward to meeting you all. .

• 9 Sep 2011 Jenny1284811 said

Default_avatar

Hello Ladies, well there is one trip that does the sailing and there is one that doesn’t, we will be with the folks that do the beaches and reefs tour and from what I see is going to be AWESOME!!! I will be staying in Sydney four days after the tours ends at the whitsundays, I got a friend who offered to board me for the rest of the time. Mychelle are you joining the fb page for the beaches and reef travelers? Don’t worry about traveling solo, you will meet tons of folks there, this is my first time traveling solo as well but last year I went to Egypt and met many folks on the tour that were going solo as well. That’s why I don’t really care about doing it because I am pretty sure I’m going to meet soo many wonderful people :) see you guys soon!!

• 27 Sep 2011 Sebi183 said

Sebi183

Hello all, I´m Sebastian, 34 from Germany. I will join you an the trip. I really looking forward to meet you guys in Sydney and a lot other people from all over the world.

Lets have a great trip.

Greets Sebastian

• 1 Oct 2011 Maggie said

Maggie

Hey Everyone. Im doing the beaches and reefs with sailing in December can you post back on your return and let me know how it was. I too am travelling solo. Have a great time :))

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.