Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Explorer May 8 - weather etc.

3 Mar 2007 Canuckgirl said

Canuckgirl
Hi everyone, I'm from Canada and am planning my first big travel experience to NZ and Australia for 6 weeks this summer. I'll most likely be going alone so I thought Contiki would be a great way to meet people and have lots of fun. I'm considering the Grand Explorer from May 8-22 starting in Christchurch. Is anyone else going on these dates?

I know it's almost getting to be winter in May, but can I expect the weather to be decent some of the time? Also, about what size group would you expect to be on a NZ tour in May? I would hope for a fairly large group so I can meet lots of new people. Is there a chance this tour might not be very popular and get cancelled?

Is it possible to arrange optionals that aren't listed on Contiki's site (ie. horseback riding in the Dart River area)?

I have lots of research to do and decisions to make about my trip (in a very short time!), so any advice on this trip or NZ Contiki tours in general would be great! ThanksSmiler
  • 7 Mar 2007 Pauline13 said

Default_avatar

Hi!

I’ve just booked for this tour starting 8th of May and leaving from Christchurch. If you’d like to get in contact beforehand my email address is poppyp_z@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you!

• 3 Apr 2007 andi-pandi said

Default_avatar

hey, im from canada too, im going on the contiki may 8th to 20th from christchurch, I’m pretty excited about it. I’m sure there are going to be lots of other people travelling solo and from canada, it hink it would be perfect for what you want

andi

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.