Community_discussions_small  

Question

Asian Adventure February 5th/2012

30 Aug 2011 Explorer1279131 asked

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! My boyfriend and I are booked on this trip and absolutely can't wait! This will be my second Contiki trip, and I can promise you we're going to have a great time!

• 2 Sep 2011 Emma SA said

Emma SA

Hey :)
    I’m booked in to do this trip as well. Coming by myself and never been on a contiki before.. I’m soo excited though! Where are you guys from?

• 2 Sep 2011 Explorer1279131 said

Default_avatar

That’s fantastic! You’re going to LOVE Contiki! My boyfriend and I are from Canada. I’m 25 and he’s 23 :)
    I’ve been trying to sort out a packing list, I’m going to pack as light as possibly because I’ve heard that there’s lots of opportunities to buy cute clothing over there for really cheap!

Emma SA

Yeah I really can’t wait! :)
    I’ve been trying to figure out packing as well. I’m gonna be in phuket and bangkok for a couple weeks before the contiki.. but I still don’t want to over pack! I’ve heard ya can get cheap cute clothing over there as well so gonna try my best to not take tooo much stuff with me haha. Reckon ya will just take a suitcase?
    It’s exciting talking to people who are gonna be on the same trip.. Hopefully some others get in on it soon to! I’m 21 from South Australia. :)

Emma SA

(If you didn’t realise that already) haha

Default_avatar

yes we’re both taking just carry on suitcases! but ive heard everyone just takes a regular suitcase, some people back packs.
    yeah, when i went on the euro experience in 2009, like 15 of us actually met before hand on the forums! we chatted so much so by the time the tour started, the most exciting thing was meeting everyone in person! it was amazing!

Default_avatar

it’s still pretty early though, im sure in a few months more people will jump in :)

• 3 Sep 2011 Emma SA said

Emma SA

Oh yep cool. Yeah I’m sure when it gets closer more will jump in. how exciting!! hehe :) ya thinking of staying in siem reap for a bit afterwards or going anywhere before the contiki at all?

• 3 Sep 2011 John said

John

Hey, I booked a few weeks ago! I am coming from Canada also, and I’m the oldest so far at 29 :P Might have a friend coming along but he is still undecided. This is going to be my 7th contiki…. haha they are too much fun :)

• 4 Sep 2011 Emma SA said

Emma SA

Hey :) ooh 7th contiki.. wow! lucky you. I want feb to hurry up ahah.

• 4 Sep 2011 Explorer1279131 said

Default_avatar

wow! 7th!
    what part of canada? we’re new brunswickers! :)

• 4 Sep 2011 John said

John

Ontario here!

• 23 Sep 2011 Explorer1260315 said

Default_avatar

I am doing the big Indochina adventure (I believe the Asian Adventure is the begining before head Vietnam) this means I will be on your too, Im 22 F travelling solo, 1st Contiki and cannot wait

• 3 Feb 2012 Emma SA said

Emma SA

Soo I thought i’d try get this back up the top of the discussions because i cant find any other discussions about our contiki group since this convo :)? Only a couple days now! I’m in bangkok already.. here with a couple mates who leave on the 5th. Is anyone else here already?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.