Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern NY-LA Sept 16th 2011

12 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey guys,

Ill be booking in for this tour in 4 weeks and was wanting to chat to anyone else who will be going on this tour?

Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before and in La for 1 Week after. Big Grin

Smiler Kylie
  • 24 Oct 2010 dancey said

dancey

Hey Kylie,

I’m booked on this one to, it’s the first trip of a 4 month holiday for me! I’ll be flying into New York a couple of days before the tour starts and don’t know my plans after yet. I’ve done the grand southern tour a couple of years ago and have been wanting to do this one every since.

Simon Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey Simon,

Its nice to finally chat to someone who will be going on the tour Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before the tour starts and 1 week after in LA. I have dont the GS last year as well. It was a brilliant tour and i hope this one is even better Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Ill be booking it on the 20th November im so excited… But ill definately be on this tour. 4 months travelling, i would love to be doing that… Where will you be going?

Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Kylie

• 31 Oct 2010 dancey said

dancey

Yeah think were both quite early booking aren’t we! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> btw i’ve created a facebook page for the trip (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=151683588209880).

Cool, yeah my plan is pretty much 2 months in the USA and Canada followed by 2 months in Australia. After this trip my plan is to catch up with some friends in LA then visit San Diego, San Francisco, a week in Las Vegas (so many things there i wanna see), couple of days in Roswell, then up to Edmonton Canada and across to Vancouver, before a few days chilling in Hawaii, then onto Sydney, a few weeks travelling along the coast between Sydney and Melbourne catching up with some friends, then I’m doing an contiki which takes me up to Christmas eve, so just going to chill in Sydney for a couple of weeks before heading home. that’s the plan anyway, just starting to book stuff.

What do you have planned while your in LA?

• 21 Dec 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I wont be spendind much time in LA as i have done it before.

I will be headed up Seattle way the day after the tour :P

But i will be in NY for 2 weeks beforehand as the last time i went i fell in love with NYC.

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> 8 months 24 days to go :P

• 12 Jan 2011 dancey said

dancey

Cool, what made you choose Seattle?

Yeah I’m thinking of spending a bit more time in New York, as it was the last stop on my trip before I think I was a bit tired to make the most of it. Quite keen to go and see a show on Broadway and also thinking of taking a day trip to Philadelphia (been there before but didn’t get chance to see the Libity Bell). Need to make up my mind up soon and book my flights.

• 8 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

They closed this tour which i am assuming means they cancelled it. :(

• 16 Feb 2011 happy go said

Default_avatar

hey everyone i am thinking of doing this tour in sept 2011 and then doing the new york explorer after it ends who else is doing this tour

• 16 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey Happy go :)

Ill be doing the New York Explorer on the 5th September then ill have a week in NY after it finishes then this tour :)

Have you travelled much?

• 16 Feb 2011 happy go said

Default_avatar

yep did a new zealand contiki tour in 09 and i loved it

• 17 Feb 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey guys,

I just booked this trip too, can’t wait! I’m also doing the Grand Southern on 20Oct La back to NY but was looking at going up to San Fran in between. I’m also doing the NY Explorer beforehand :)

• 18 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey Kimmy :)

Yay so glad you joined our tour… Im so excited even though we still have 28 weeks until the tour starts :P

When do you get into NY?

• 18 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

You guys should join the facebook page :)
    The link is above :)

:D

• 19 Feb 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey Ky,

I get into NY on 12Sep I think. Haven’t booked my flights yet because I’m going to be in Europe for a few months beforehand so still sorting it all out. What are you doing after the tour?

• 19 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

after the tour until the 12th ill be at the Kyoto and then ill be going to the Hollywood Roosevelt until the 15th So excited :) Im all booked and payed for, i just need to save for spending money :)

How much time will you have in LA before you go to San Fran?

kimmy_m1986

Hey I have 10 days in between my tours, I’m doing the Grand Southern on 20Oct so I’ll probably stay in LA for a few days (maybe do the LA Explorer) then catch a bus to San Fran for a few days and then come back again for my next tour. I joined the Facebook group too :)

Ky1987

Yeah i did the LA explorer last time i was in LA and I would have done it again if there was one before i leave on the 15th. I really wantt o go to Universal and Warner Brothers studios. I want to see if i can catch a taping of Ellen :P I want to spend some time at santa monica and venice beach too.. The hotel will probably do tours. Anything in particular you want to do in LA? Sorry if im asking too many questions, i get more excited talking about it. :P

kimmy_m1986

Hey that’s awesome that you ask questions. It’s good to chat to someone who’s been there before. I hadn’t really thought about what I want to do in LA yet but I think Santa Monica and Venice beach would be on the list. And Warner Brothers would be pretty cool. I think I’m going to have to do some more research :)

Ky1987

lol, i did so much research before i did the Grand Southern Last time, it was good because i knew what i wanted to see before i went… But i talked about it ALL the time. My poor family lol. Now i have started talking non stop about the Grand Northern… I am now continuously researching it lol. Ah well. I cant wait to go back to NYC… I miss it so much. :P

kimmy_m1986

Yeah I think I’ll just get a USA lonely planet quide and pick out bits and pieces that I want to do. My friends get sick of me talking about my travels too, lol.

• 20 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

LOL i have afew of those books but ill have to update them i think ;p

I just want it to be 31st august already lol.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion