Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern NY-LA Sept 16th 2011

12 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey guys,

Ill be booking in for this tour in 4 weeks and was wanting to chat to anyone else who will be going on this tour?

Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before and in La for 1 Week after. Big Grin

Smiler Kylie
  • 23 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

bump

• 23 Feb 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Yeah my leave date is 2nd June so a little less for me but it will go really quick I think!

• 24 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I am so jealous that you leav in June, Just over 3 months… See that i would be ok with…But i have to wait 6 months. :(

Im so excited, i want to be in NYC… :D

• 25 Feb 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Trust me 6 months will go super quick, you’ve just got to keep yourself busy!
    I actually wanted to go later but due to the dates of the tours I had to bring my plans forward by 2 months which is much sooner than I anticiapted but still I’m not complaining!
    And I bought my USA guidebook today so I can plan the places I want to go in free time :)

• 25 Feb 2011 ALESHA NZ said

ALESHA    NZ

hello! is it still warm in sept? i am looking at doing this tour but would like a summer this year as new zealand weather is abit crazy atm, thanks :)

• 26 Feb 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hi Alesha,

It will be the American autumn (or fall as they call it) and being up north I think some places such as Canada, etc could be quite cold, although this is my first trip to America so I’m just assuming that’s how it will be. Other places such as Vegas may be warmer as they are closer to the desert so I guess it could be a bit of a mix.

I was meant to be going to NZ in March but unfortunately that has been put on the backburner for now. I’ll get there eventually!

• 26 Feb 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey Kimmy – I really hope your right about the time going fast i am so excited :)

Welcome Alesha. When i was in America in 2009 i was there in Jan – Feb right in the middle of their winter.
    LA was around 23-25 celcius every day, so it was beautiful.I think on this tour it will be cool weather but i like it like that lol.. As im from Perth all we seem to get is Warm to Hot weather. So im looking forward to it.. I really hope you choose our tour.

• 27 Mar 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

Looks like my husband and I will be on this tour too! We will be spending time in NY beforehand then an extra week in LA at the end – then on to Hawaii before we head home to Australia!

• 27 Mar 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey that’s great! I have extra time in LA afterwards as well but I’m going to go up to San Fran in that time too :)

• 28 Mar 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

Yeah we’d like to go to San Francisco too but it depends on time :(. I want to go to the Jelly Belly factory :)

• 28 Mar 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Yeah I have 10 days in between trips so I’m going up to San Fran for 3 days. I really want to go to Alcatraz :)

• 29 Mar 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

Oh yeah Alcatraz would be amazing! I think we’ll try to go there too!!!

• 1 Apr 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey there RickiFan17 :)

22 weeks until i leave Wooooooooo :P

• 3 Apr 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

Hey Ky1987!

Well we booked our trip on Saturday :D I can’t wait! If anyone wants to add me on Facebook look for me in the group facebook page :D

• 30 Apr 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I REALLY want this to become a Definate departure soon its making me a little nervous seeing as i have booked and payed for all my flights and accom before and after the contiki…

How have you all been going anyway? LOL

• 1 May 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey Kylie,
    I’d like it to become a definited departue too since my flights are all booked and paid for and it’s part of a 5 and a half month trip for me!
    I’ve been going good, just counting down the days. It’s only a month until I leave now! Spending 3 months in Euope before heading to the US, can’t wait! :)

• 11 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I really wish i could do a 5 and a half month around the world trip lol..

That would kill me having to save all that money though. lol.

16 weeks for me until i leave for my 7.5 week trip.. Sooo excited.

Sorry i havent been able to look back but when are you flying into NY?

Ill be there from 1st sept – 16th… from the 5th -10th my bestie will be there but the rest of the time ill be all on my lonesome lol..

So if you guys get in a few days eariler, let me know and we can catch up :)

• 11 May 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey Kylie,
    I’m flying into New York on the 12th Sept and doing the NY Explorer before our trip :)

• 11 May 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

We are flying in on the 11th and doing the New York Explorer of the 13th!

• 11 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Awesome :) Ill be doing the new york explorer from the 6th lol..

Oh i cant wait, i am so excited… only 16 weeks until i fly out YAY LOL

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.