Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern NY-LA Sept 16th 2011

12 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey guys,

Ill be booking in for this tour in 4 weeks and was wanting to chat to anyone else who will be going on this tour?

Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before and in La for 1 Week after. Big Grin

Smiler Kylie
  • 11 May 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

121 days until we fly out…..not that I’m counting or anything! Hahahaha ;)

• 11 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

112 for me :P So Excited

• 30 May 2011 Court*J said

Court*J

Hi guys,
    I’m planning on doing this tour as well.
    Is anyone else a little worried it isn’t marked as a definite departure or this to be expected just because its the last one on the list?

• 30 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey Court*J,

I am very worried about the fact that it is not a definate already… I am actually considering changing over to the one leaving LA on the same day.. lol , REALLY considering it. I have called them and everything.. All ill need to do to do that is pay for flights to LA frm NY on the 15th and then to LA at the end of the tour on the 11th so none of my other plans get disrupted.. I have no idea what to do. as this is a part of an almost 8 week holiday, right in the middle.

• 30 May 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey guys,
    It sounds like there’s a few of us already booked on this trip so if there is enough people they will run it. Also it’s still over 3 months away which is probably why it’s not a definite departure yet.
    I can’t really change my dates because I’ve booked it in conjunction with other tours so I’m just hoping it still goes ahead!

• 31 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I am one of these people who worries about things if they arent definate..
    If it isnt put on definate in the next few weeks then i will have to consider jumping ships, which i really DONT want to because you guys seem lovely. :D
    I am so excited about this tour though.. So has anyone else already done the Grand Southern?

• 31 May 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Yeah I know how you feel bit I can’t really change dates cos I’ve booked eveything already for a 5 and a half month trip. I’m doing the Grand Southern after this trip with about 10 days in between trips :)

• 31 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Wow doing it all at once.. Good Job. :P

I really enjoyed the Southern , it was great fun and lots of cool places. When i did it, Miami wasnt in the itinerary. lol.. But we got more time in Orlando, which i loved :P

You must have been saving money for soooo long to be able to go away for 5.5 month trip. So jealous :P

Anything in particular that you are looking forward to on your trip?

• 31 May 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

I’m looking forward to everything! New York will be great though and really looking forward to the southern states.
    I had a unit which I sold and am using the money from that to travel :)

• 1 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I am sooooo ready to go back to New York… Im also looking forward to LA as i have got my friend and her boyfriend going too so we have lots of plans for that week :P and then to Forks for a relaxing 4 days right at the end… Every Twinerds dream :P

• 8 Jun 2011 *Amy* said

*Amy*

hey guys Im 22 and from Aus and I am considering booking this tour.. although im so so nervous at the thort of travelling alone.. but its getting to the point where im desperate to travel and don’t wanna wait for my friends.. Is anyone else on this tour travelling solo..?

• 8 Jun 2011 Court*J said

Court*J

i’ll be going on my own. I was in the same boat at the start of the year after some friends bailed on other plans we had set. I just figured there is no time like the present. You’ll probably make friends on the trip and I think there is a few others on here may be going solo by the sound of it….

• 8 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Hey Amy,
    I’m travelling solo on this trip and I’ve travelled solo on trips in the past and trust me you will have an awesome time! I’ve made heaps of friends from my past trips. If your desperate to travel just do it because you definitly won’t regret it!

• 8 Jun 2011 *Amy* said

*Amy*

that is definately some great advice thanks guys.. where are you both from.. do you both have any intentions on travelling before or after the trip.. It is just so daunting the thought of flying into another country on my own lol..

• 8 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Hey AMy,
    i did my first solo trip in 09 when i was 22, and i was so scared as i was a mummys girl. It was the best thing i ever did… So much so that i kind of now prefer to go on holidays alone and meet people there.. Dont get me wrong, travelling with friends is a blast, but when you go alone you can do anything you want when you want.. Ill be doing this trip alone again too… :P Soooo excited, i just want them to make it a definate departure already…

• 8 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

Haha, I know the feeling! I was terrified when I did my first trip but it gets easier as you get used to it. I’m 25 from Geelong, Vic.
    I’m doing this tour as part of a 5 and a half month trip. I’m flying into NY on the 12th Sep and doing the NY Explorer and then I have 10 days free in LA afterwards so I think I’m going to San Fran in that time, then I’m doing the Grand Southern.

• 9 Jun 2011 *Amy* said

*Amy*

Hey so you are both doing it solo as well are you.. and from aus.. how did you guys get time off with work.. I may have to leave in order to do it.. Also do you know what the weather is like around this time.. is it still summer.. so many questions I know :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Yeah im going solo :D

I got my new job in March this year… I just told them at my interview and they were ok with it. Ill be away for 7.5 weeks total.. Sooooo Psyched :P

No it will be the beginning of Autumn or “Fall” as the Americans say :D
    So it will be nice in LA and in NY but i think it will be coldish in Canada.. lol
    I love asking questions too… I like to learn everything about where im going before i go… :D

• 9 Jun 2011 *Amy* said

*Amy*

Wow that’s great that you even get to come back to your job.. I just started my job in March too, although everyday all I can think about is travelling, I’m desperate lol, even to the point where I am prepared to go alone.. Im such a scaredy kat lol.. and I would be so hopeless alone at the airport trying to get to the hotel and stuff lol..

• 9 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

You would be suprised how brave you can be…i literally (before my last trip) was a really big mums girl… When i landed in LA i turned my phone back on and mum had sent me a message saying how proud she was of me and that she didnt think i would get on the plane but when i did she was so proud…
    and so was i … Trust me on that.. To kill time at airports i took a journal and i had my ipod.. Because i went via Singapore, they have internet access there so you can jump on one of the computers there and facebook lol… I had a 6 hr layove and i was fine… You just need to do it. you dont want to regret not doing it later on down the track…

I also cannot stop talking or thinking about this trip… Its going to be EPIC :D

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion