Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern NY-LA Sept 16th 2011

12 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey guys,

Ill be booking in for this tour in 4 weeks and was wanting to chat to anyone else who will be going on this tour?

Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before and in La for 1 Week after. Big Grin

Smiler Kylie
  • 9 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

I am so excited about the trip that I just did a little “I’m going to America” dance around the house! 93 days until I leave :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

LOL I have 84 days or 12 weeks exactly until i fly out.. I am so Friggin Excited…

• 9 Jun 2011 *Amy* said

*Amy*

Thanks for the advice Ky.. that definately gives me some inspiration.
    so is this trip definately the 16th of August, caz when I went on I thought it said from the 19th.

Default_avatar

It’s the 16th September not August :)

• 9 Jun 2011 *Amy* said

*Amy*

ok good thats even better more time to plan.. so where do the tours meet if anyone knows.?

Default_avatar

Amy if you have facebook there is a group for the tour on there and a number of us are also on facebook!

• 10 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Amy,

The group meets up for the first time at the pre tour meeting at the Skyline Hotel NY, the night before the tour starts. How long were you looking at being in NY for before the tour?

• 10 Jun 2011 Explorer1239787 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,
    I am also doing this trip, but i’m only doing the first quarter really (North by North East), so from NY to Chicago. I think I will regret not doing the whole thing!

• 10 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Welcome :)

So whats your name Explorer1239787? How long will you be travelling for?

• 10 Jun 2011 Explorer1239787 said

Default_avatar

Haha thanks. I land in America on 10 Sep and i’m over there for about 3 weeks. I’m in Orlando and New York prior to the tour, then Chicago and Dallas on the way home.

• 11 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

How exciting :)

I cant WAIT to fly out on sept 1st… :D

• 11 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

We were talking to our travel agent yesterday and she said the minimum a Contiki tour has to have to go ahead is really small – like about 12 people. So it’s pretty safe to say the tour will go ahead :)

• 11 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

12…lol can you imagine that We could have 2 seats each to spread out on lol..My last contiki the grand southern was full 52 people. lol

Default_avatar

Apparently that’s the minimum :). But it looks like we have other tours joining us and leaving us in certain parts…..

• 11 Jun 2011 Explorer1239787 said

Default_avatar

My tour starts with yours and then stops. My last tour in Europe was shockers, it would be amazing to have 2 seats all to yourselves the whole trip! Sorry Ky my name is Jess btw.

Default_avatar

Hi Jess! Someone else said that their tour joins us partway along as well so there must be two tour groups joining us :)

• 11 Jun 2011 Explorer1160108 said

Default_avatar

Hey, i booked and paid for the trip today, by the sounds of it from contiki there weren’t many places left so i wouldn’t worry about it not being a definite departure! I did the grand southern last year and had an amazing time, i was meant to be coming with a friend but she has completely let me down at the last minute so i’m on my own now! I wanted to spend at least a week in New York, week in LA and then go to San Fran but i haven’t booked my flights yet as i’m a bit worried about being on my own now after the tour.

Default_avatar

We are staying 6 nights in Anaheim after the tour and then on to San Fran too if that makes you feel any better? I can give you our flight details from LA to San fran if you want to catch the same flight?

• 12 Jun 2011 Explorer1160108 said

Default_avatar

Hey thanks, thats really kind of you, i just added the event on facebook, i’m fran. I haven’t been to LA before, have heard it’s not that easy to get yourself around it, so not really sure what area to stay or for how long, but i’m so keen to go to San Fran, when are you getting to New York? The flight i was looking at gets me in on the 8th but i think i may leave it a little later now.

• 12 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

Fran I’ll go and add you on facebook and we can talk!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion