Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern NY-LA Sept 16th 2011

12 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey guys,

Ill be booking in for this tour in 4 weeks and was wanting to chat to anyone else who will be going on this tour?

Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before and in La for 1 Week after. Big Grin

Smiler Kylie
  • 12 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

    kimmy_m1986

    Hey guys, so excited! I fly into NY on 12th Sep and doing the NY Explorer on the 13th before our trip. I’ve already left as I’m doing this as part of a 5 and a half month trip so I’m in Turkey at the moment. I have 10 days free after the trip so I’ll be in LA for 1 night then going to San Fran for 3 or 4 nights if anyone wants to come.
    I’m then doing the LA Explorer and the Grand Southern afterwards :)

  • 12 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

    Default_avatar

    We’re in Anaheim for 6 nights after then head to San fran for 2 nights – what date where youthinking of heading there? I’m loving your trip photos on facebook :). Mel

  • 12 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

    Ky1987

    Hey there,

    Fran, ill be in NY alone from the 2nd sept till we leave. My best friend will be finishing her Grand Southern on the 6th sept and flys home on the 19th but other than that ill be alone. then after the trip ill be LA ing it for 5 days with 2 of my other friends from home then i will be going to Forks washington before going home… LOL

    Welcome to Fran and Jess :D

    Please join our facebook group.

    Contiki Grand Northern NY-LA 16th Sept 2011

    So Excited… only 87 days until i fly out.

  • 12 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

    kimmy_m1986

    Hey thanks Mel! I love sharing my travel pics with everyone :)
    I’m getting to San Fran on 11th Oct and will be leaving on the 15th. The night of the 10th and then from the 15th to the 20th I will be in LA.

  • 12 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

    Default_avatar

    Ah we’re doing the opposite :( LA then San Fran – and ending in Hawaii!

  • 12 Jun 2011 Explorer1160108 said

    Default_avatar

    Kylie what area of New York will you be staying in? I’m now debating whether to do the New York explorer before the trip, i wanted to fly in on the 8th but am having problems finding any decent hostels as i was meant to be staying in a hotel with a friend near times square, i’ll get bored in a hotel by myself so may see if i can get a flight on the 12th.

  • 12 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

    Default_avatar

    If you fly in on the 12th and are going to do the NY Explorer you should be able to book the same hotel as you’ll stay in for the tour for the night of the 12th. It’s called the Skyline!

  • 13 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

    Ky1987

    ill be at the intercontinental barclay from 2-5, when ill be at the skylin doing the new york explorer on the 6th, then on the 10th ill be goiing to the holiday inn express times square until the night before we leave and ill be back at the skyline… If you come earlier it would be great to have someone to hang out with :D

  • 13 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

    Default_avatar

    We’re doing just general sight seeing and shopping on the 12th if you want to meet up?

  • 13 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

    Default_avatar

    Who’s up for a trip to M&M World when we get to Las Vegas?

  • 13 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

    Ky1987

    lol, i did m & m world last time i was in vegas. It was massive :D

  • 14 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

    kimmy_m1986

    Sure I’d go check it out :)

  • 15 Jun 2011 Explorer1160108 said

    Default_avatar

    Hey guys i’m not sure if i’m going to be on this trip now, i booked my flights today, then an hour later got a phone call from the flight centre saying that the tour still isn’t a definite departure, so if they cancel this trip it will cost me 200 euros to change my flight dates, she suggested it might just be safer for me to go on the 9th september tour. I have until tuesday to change the flights free of charge and decide, i’m not sure what to do!!

  • 16 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

    Ky1987

    see thats what is annoying me… Contiki would find that more people would book to go on this tour if it was on definate departure… I see where you are coming from explorer1160108 as i have been feeling like just cancelling off this tour and just go on the one going from LA-NY on the same date because that is already on definate departure. Im thinking i might just fork out for the flights from NY – LA at the beginning and end of the tour… It just sucks because i know the second i do that it will be put on definate departure and i wont be going on tour with you cool people and ill be forking out even more money…

  • 16 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

    Default_avatar

    Maybe one of us should contact Contiki and find out why they’re holding off on making it a definite departure? Cause if people start pulling out there’s less chance of it going ahead :(

  • 16 Jun 2011 Explorer1260199 said

    Default_avatar

    Hi everyone!
    A friend and I have booked on this tour and we also considered pulling out as Contiki haven’t made it definite departure. We went to our travel agent last Friday however, who rang them and said they gave him verbal confirmation it’s going ahead, so he’s not sure why they haven’t updated the website… I wouldn’t freak out just yet, I think it definitely looks like there’s enough of us that it will run! :)

  • 16 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

    Ky1987

    Yeah i will wait at least another 3 weeks before thinking seriously about changing… I sure hope it goes on Definate departure before then … I really really really want to do this one lol.. So how many people do we have chatting on here now..? To the people going on this tour who havent joined our facebook page please do :)

    You will find it under : Contiki Grand Northern NY-LA 16th Sept 2011

  • 16 Jun 2011 Explorer1260238 said

    Default_avatar

    Hi Everyone,

    My travel agent also told me this is definitely going ahead aswell so I’d say we are just being paranoid over nothing :) I did the Grand Southern a few years ago and I don\‘t think that tour ever got listed as a definite departure so a few people were freaked out by it but it was a completely full tour! Also with the dollar doing so well and September being the perfect time to travel I can’t imagine they would have any issues with the number of people? It’s possible we are all just uber keen and book really far in advance haha! Maybe we could all emai/call contiki about it just to put our minds at ease, there is really no point in pulling out just because it’s not definite as it would be alot of hassle over nothing!

  • 16 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

    Ky1987

    Yeah, i just really want to go now lol…I do get paranoid when it comes to travelling, pretty much because im doing this massive trip all on my lonesome i just really dont like the thought of the majority part of the trip not going ahead. LOL..

    But i get to fly out in 10 weeks.. So EXCITED!!!

    C’mon Contiki Help us out and put us on Definate departure already :D

  • 16 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

    kimmy_m1986

    Hey guys,
    I’m going to stay on this trip because it sounds to me like it’s going to get the go ahead and I already have my travel planned around it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Related Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response almost 2 years

This comment was posted about over 3 years ago. It has been discussed 151 times and liked 2 times.

21 people are following this discussion.

  • Default_avatar
  • Ky1987
  • Default_avatar
  • kimmy_m1986
  • dancey
  • Court*J
  • *Amy*
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Kylee
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar
  • LeonNZ88
  • bonza

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.