Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Northern NY-LA Sept 16th 2011

12 Oct 2010 Ky1987 said

Ky1987
Hey guys,

Ill be booking in for this tour in 4 weeks and was wanting to chat to anyone else who will be going on this tour?

Ill be in NY for 2 weeks before and in La for 1 Week after. Big Grin

Smiler Kylie
  • 16 Jun 2011 Explorer1260238 said

Default_avatar

Yeah I have booked all of my travel around it too so I will definitely be staying on it! It is still listed as an available departure to purchase and a friend of mine who had her Europe one cancelled found out almost 4 months in advance!

• 16 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

How long will you be travelling for explorer1260238?

• 16 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

What’s everyone looking forward to the most? I can’t make up my mind…..I change it just about every day :D

Ky1987

Really looking forward to Boston, Canada in General and Mt Rushmore oh and vegas again ;P

Default_avatar

Cool! I think I’m looking forward to it all! I’m getting more excited every single day!!!

Ky1987

yeah, i will have flown out this time in 10 weeks so 76 days until i fly out… I cant wait to see new york again… i have missed it.

• 16 Jun 2011 kimmy_m1986 said

kimmy_m1986

I’m looking forward to all of it! Can’t pick just one or two things. Have never been to the USA before :)

Default_avatar

I have never been out of Australia! OMG I’m soooooo excited!!! We fly in 86 days! I can’t wait to meet everyone!!!

• 17 Jun 2011 Johnel said

Default_avatar

I have booked the grand northern tour to start on the 9th of sep.. But before I have 2 days in LA and 4 Nights in Vegas. Before the contiki starts I have one day in New York.. anything in particular I should go and see!!? I am pumped for this trip as now it is only 2 1/2 ish months away!

• 17 Jun 2011 Explorer1160108 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, so i have just got off the phone to contiki and they weren’t all that helpful, she told me that it still isn’t a definite departure, by the sounds of it, it isn’t full enough yet. She actually tried to get me to switch to the LA -NY on the 16th, i told her this wouldn’t fit in with my plans cause i want to do LA, San Fran after the tour, so she said i should try and switch to the 9th of September tour as it’s definitely going ahead, i have until tuesday to change my flights free of charge so not sure what to do yet!

• 17 Jun 2011 RickiFan17 said

Default_avatar

I would suggest calling again and getting someone different as many of us have been told it is definitely going ahead!

• 17 Jun 2011 Explorer1260238 said

Default_avatar

Yeah it can all depend on who you talk to, same thing at every work place- if someone can;t be bothered to dig a little deeper they will just tell you the info that is already available to you! Contiki just ignored my email which is why I went to my travel agent because they seem to be more helpful to them!

• 18 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

yeah when i called contiki a few times they would NOT tell me anything other than its not a definate departure, i asked what do the numbers look like and she said “well i cant see how many people are on the tour, i can only see what you see” Seriously… and the fact that they are telling people not to go on our tour but the one before, and the one going in the other direction… I wonder how many people they managed to turn around.. If they had stayed we might be on definate already…

• 18 Jun 2011 Explorer1260238 said

Default_avatar

The reason they won’t make it definite until 45 days before is because that’s when you need to be fully paid by, it’s possible that alot of people have put on a deposit or even paid half of it but I’m pretty sure that until you’re paid in full you’re not listed as a definite for going on the tour!

• 19 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

True… Very true…I paid in full when i booked it back in October :)
    I had lunch with my firend yesterday, she is also my travel agent , she said that if the tour gets cancelled she should know in the next week or so… So heres hoping she doesnt hear anything lol.

• 22 Jun 2011 Explorer1160108 said

Default_avatar

I decided to change my flight today so i’m getting into New York earlier then planned, coming in on 6th so Kylie you have someone to hang out with if you want!! I thought it would be a safer option in case they do cancel us, so i would be able to get on the tour that departs on the 9th. My travel agent had rung contiki before i got there, they said that we could be waiting till mid august until they let us know for sure either way and they wouldn’t give her any figures on how many people had already booked!

• 22 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

LOL if our tour doesnt go ahead, i think ill be jumping on the 9th too lol… I dont want to have to fork out more for flights lol… I just dont want them to leave it too late that i cant get on another bus… It sucks that we cant get any answers and its really not that far away…

• 22 Jun 2011 Explorer1260238 said

Default_avatar

They have to let us know at LEAST 45 days prior which is the start of August so I think your travel agent has gotten a little mixed up!

• 23 Jun 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

Beginning of August, by then i think all the others will be full.. Look at them now. All of the others before the 9th are full, it wont be long before the 9th is too… Then if they cancel us, what alternative will they be able to give us… I dont know what to do… Im so confused. Sorry to chuck the negative spin on this… I just really need a holiday, it has been too long and this holiday, i have been planning for over a year… I dont want to wait until september 1st lol.. i wanna go now :P

• 23 Jun 2011 Kylee said

Kylee

Hi Kylie.
    I did this tour in May 2009 and had an amazing experience. The trip is awesome and there was so much to see and do. I highly recommend this tour – Cheers Kylee

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion