Community_discussions_small  

Question

Any others on European Adventurer, 11 May 2012?

1 Sep 2011 Gwynn asked

Gwynn

Interested to see if there are any other early birds who are on the European Adventurer on 11 May, 2012. It'll be my second Contiki experience, and the first for my girlfriend.

• 26 Mar 2012 aharden said

aharden

I’m just about to book this one and am probably going to end up staying at the Imperial…wow this is coming up so soon! SO exciting!

• 2 Apr 2012 aharden said

aharden

Also we’re totally going to be travelling for 5 weeks… anyone else out there looking to kill off those hangovers with some exercise? Definitely going to be necessary or else I know I’ll go stir crazy and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Maybe they’ll even let us do some bus squats?! Hahaha…. lunges down the aisle?

• 3 Apr 2012 Gwynn said

Gwynn

From my last experience on Contiki, exercise isn’t really an issue as you spend the majority of the days walking about the major cities for anywhere between 3 to 8 hours. There’s the odd day entirely of driving, but by the time those come around you’re more than ready to relax and sleep on the bus.

Which is a point, bringing along a little travel pillow for the bus is a stroke of genius!

• 3 Apr 2012 Kortnee said

Kortnee

Hey all!
    Im going on this tour too! Im from Australia (another Aussie, yes i know how original) and got my travel documents. SO EXCITED!! Im also going by myself

So as they are so many of us, should we start a FB group? Just so we know eachother a little bit better before the trip??

• 3 Apr 2012 Travel_bug7 said

Default_avatar

Me and my friend are staying at the hotel the night before as well (we will be in london from the 7th) and i love the idea of a FB group so we can get to know everyone a little better and also share our photos of the trip along the way :D

• 4 Apr 2012 Gwynn said

Gwynn

Kortnee – How long ago did you receive your travel documents? We’ve moved since we first booked, but have a mail redirect so should still receive them, though am starting to wonder now…

• 5 Apr 2012 Kortnee said

Kortnee

Hey, im staying in London for 2 days before and after the tour, good to hear other people are!

And Gwynn I only got them on Friday (the 30th?) Maybe contact your travel agent about them if your worried..

• 5 Apr 2012 Kortnee said

Kortnee

Ok Guys Im planning to make a Contiki FB group for this trip, but obviously I dont know you on FB yet to create the group.

So if its ok, can you PM me your name so I can add you on FB and in the group (ill make it public once I have ppl in it) or alternatively your can add me… the name is Courtney Pasfield :O

• 26 Jun 2012 OllieNZ said

OllieNZ

Hey, im planning on doing this trip next year? would love some feedback about it? was your buss full? lots of fun?

• 26 Jun 2012 Gwynn said

Gwynn

It was an amazing 5 weeks. Bus had 43 people on it, so not quite full, but near enough to it. Dubrovnik and Mykonos were both highlights for me.

OllieNZ

Thanks for your feedback Gwynn. What was the average age on the trip? any tips on spending money? was there a lot of partying?

• 26 Jun 2012 Travel_bug7 said

Default_avatar

Average age was mid 20’s and was there a lot of partying?? If it were not for photos I wouldn’t remember half of what we did. Shots in the morning. Shots in the bus. Shots at lunch -Shots outside ancient ruin… You get the idea! A bottle of vodka in most places was about €8-12 so stock up and beer was sooo cheap!
    As for spending money I would take as much as you can because you will want to do most of the extras although the optional dinners were not that great and you could always get a cheaper meal elsewhere!
    Mykonos was AMAZING! Be sure to hire a quad bike (24€ for 24hr) and enjoy!!

OllieNZ

haha Thanks for that sounds like so much fun. I am so keen to do lots of partying while on tour. Unreal how cheap vodka is over there compared to here in New Zealand. The quad bike sounds like a good idea, ill make sure i remember to do that. Was the weather very warm? So did most people do the optional dinners or find other places to eat?

• 27 Jun 2012 Travel_bug7 said

Default_avatar

It really is 50/50- With most of the dinners alcohol was included so everyone ate there but a few people had dinners at local places (I did once and the food was amazing and even with alcohol it was half the cost of the included dinner)
    There is no shortage of people wanting to party and weather wise it was ok. They said it was cold for that time of yr which was odd for them (a few places it rained so take a rain jacket with you can leave it on the bus) but Mykonos was amazing- hot hot hot!!!!

One thing I would highly recommend when you’re in Switzerland and going to go up the mountain is to check the weather yourself as we paid 130 Swiss franc to go up the mountain to ski etc and no one bothered to tell us it was a blizzard so we couldn’t do anything. My opinion it was a Waste of money… Check first!!
    You will LOVE this tour it is amazing and you meet some pretty amazing people!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion