Community_discussions_small  

Question

Whose going on the European Whirl 29-Apr-2012????

1 Sep 2011 Julee asked

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I have just booked and paid for the concept European Whirl Tour on the 29th of April 2012. Since im booking it so in advance obviously i have no idea whether it will be a definate departure or not. I REALLY hope it is!!! Who else is going on this date?

Cant wait :)

Julie

• 7 Oct 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

Hi Julie,

I just booked my trip yesterday. I will be going on this trip as well.

Katie

• 7 Oct 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

Hi Katie,

YAY! im so glad you commented. I hope others on our tour find this discussion soon. Im so excited, have you travelled with contiki before??

Julie

• 8 Oct 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

I have not. This will definitely be an experience that we’ll never forget.

• 8 Oct 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

yeah same here, are you travelling alone?? where are you from?

• 8 Oct 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

Yes I am traveling alone. I’m from Kitchener, Ontario. Yourself?

• 8 Oct 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

Im from Sydney Australia, oh wow Ontario i cant wait to meet different people from around the world. I hope we have a good variety.

• 13 Nov 2011 Namesake said

Namesake

I am!

Benjamin

• 13 Nov 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

Where are you from Benjamin?

• 14 Nov 2011 Namesake said

Namesake

Glamorous old Brisbane.

• 14 Nov 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

That’s pretty awesome. It’ll be good to meet you all from different countries. Have you traveled with Contiki before?

Julie and Benjamin (do you like Benjamin or Ben?) – how old are you guys? I’m 23 but I’ll be 24 on the trip.

• 14 Nov 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

Woohoo another Aussie :P im 20 and the tour finishes just before my 21st. The person im travelling with is 25. Havent done a contiki tour before but i certainly cant wait.

Namesake

Benjamin, and I’m 26. I’ll still be 26 on the trip. And after the trip. I haven’t been on a Contiki tour before, but I have travelled independently to Thailand and New Zealand. Have you guys been overseas before? Is anyone staying in Europe post-tour? I’m thinking of flying Ryanair to Sweden and/or Portugal when we get back to London.

• 14 Nov 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

I’ve been to Venezuela and Dominican Republic before. I have not traveled out to Europe before so this will be a new experience for me. So far, I have no plans to stay in Europe post tour but that can always change (depending on how things go).

• 14 Nov 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

iv been to Eastern Europe before and Thailand. ill be ending the tour in Paris, staying there for a few days. Then we head to Barcelona, Ibiza, Portugal and Amsterdam (again). Id love to go to South America, your so lucky!

Namesake

Man, I really want to go to Spain. Quite jealous. Are you backpacking or surfing couches? Katie, I’m travelling alone too. I wonder how many others on the tour will be. I don’t really have a post-tour master plan, but the staggeringly low cost of Ryanair tickets has sure tempted me.

• 14 Nov 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

we have family in certain countries and in others were stayin at hostels/hotels. you guys have to travel while your over there, why not! haha. You guys gonne be in London before hand, if so for how long?

• 14 Nov 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

I think I will be there the 27th? It is not confirmed yet though (ie I haven’t paid for that portion of the trip at all)

• 14 Nov 2011 Julee said

Default_avatar

hahaa. yeah ill be stayin at the contiki hotel from the 24th onwards, havent paid for it either tho. i think contiki organises a meeting the night before departure at the contiki basement, we all need to go out that night!!

• 14 Nov 2011 Katie said

Default_avatar

That sounds like an awesome idea. I will have to let you guys know more once my flights are booked. Hopefully we’ll start talking with some more people coming on this trip soon enough. I know it’s 6 months away but I’m still looking forward to it.

• 15 Nov 2011 Namesake said

Namesake

We must! Julie, how long are you staying in Europe afterwards? Being generally ignorant about international travel, I didn’t know we had to buy a return ticket to be let in facepalms. I haven’t organised flights yet, but I’m thinking I’ll tack a week or two onto the end of the tour to allow for any spontaneous travel plans. As Australians we don’t need a visa to move around the Schengen Area within a 90-day limit, right?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion