Community_discussions_small  

Question

Whose going on the European Whirl 29-Apr-2012????

1 Sep 2011 Julee asked

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I have just booked and paid for the concept European Whirl Tour on the 29th of April 2012. Since im booking it so in advance obviously i have no idea whether it will be a definate departure or not. I REALLY hope it is!!! Who else is going on this date?

Cant wait :)

Julie

• 6 Jan 2012 Gareth1343827 said

Gareth1343827

Hey Everyone!
    Myself and my boyfriend Michael have just booked the European Whirl, Departing London on the 29th April, However we’ll be joining the tour in Amsterdam.
    Michael will be celebrating his 23rd Birthday on day 7 of the tour, Prague to Munich, and I’ll be celebrating my 26th Birthday on the last day transferring from Paris to London.
    We’ll be staying in London for two nights before heading back to Amsterdam to catch our flights home.

Really excited! Cant wait………

• 6 Jan 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Hey Gareth,

We look forward to being with you and Michael as well! Where are you guys from?

• 16 Jan 2012 Matt said

Matt

hey yeh im pretty sure im goin on this tour too. cant wait! im from central victoria in australia, where are most of u ppl from? Matt

• 17 Jan 2012 Gareth1343827 said

Gareth1343827

Im from Newcastle, and Michaels from Port Macquarie…

100 Days today until we board our flight to Amsterdam!

• 23 Jan 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

whats up All,

I will also be joining all of you for this trip!!! Extremely excited!! I’m from Pittsburgh PA USA:) 20 years old.. will be 21 on trip!

Cody

• 28 Jan 2012 Rach said

Rach

hey everyone!!!!!

i am coming on this tour with 5 of my girlfriends!!!!!!!! where from all over assuie (brisbane, Melbourne and Mackay)…. im not having a birthday but my friend will be turning 24 the day after we finish!!

Rach

• 28 Jan 2012 Matt said

Matt

awesome. its goin to be so good to meet people from all around the world on our tour!
    hope fully it comes around quickly! Matt

• 28 Jan 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Sounds great…it sounds good to hear where everyone is from. We have a great variety and hopefully there will be more people from other places in the world coming too :D

• 29 Jan 2012 Pete said

Pete

Hi guys,
    I’m Pete from Sydney. We’re testing an online postcard site so you can send your postcards straight to facebook or email. yay, no more stamps. There’s postcards from the places you’re going so I would love to get your feedback. www.ThePerfectPostcard.com
    Thanks guys.
    Safe travels!

• 30 Jan 2012 Explorer1271803 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone

So excited for this tour – Im 24, travelling by myself and like a lot of others – an Aussie! (Gareth im originally from Port Macquarie too)

Kayla

• 30 Jan 2012 Gareth1343827 said

Gareth1343827

Hi Kayla, Im not from Port Mac… But Michael is, it’ll be really funny if you two actually know eachother!

• 3 Feb 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m signed up for the April 27th departure date for the European Whirl. And when I look on the tour dates there isn’t one for April 29th. So would we all be on the same tour? Or am I just not seeing your tour date? LOL

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I believe the departure date is the 27th but the actual tour starts on the 29th. What I mean by that is: from what I understand, the first night is meet up at the hotel and it has a welcome night from Contiki. Hopefully that makes a bit of sense.

Katie

Default_avatar

Oh okay thanks! Well then I guess I am on the same tour as you guys! I am 20 years old but will be turning 21 in 2 weeks and am from Barrie, Ontario! I am leaving Canada on the night of April 26th so I arrive in London on April 27th at 7am! I am staying after the tour in England until June 1st because I have a bunch of family there that I will be staying with!

Vanessa

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Hey Vanessa,

It’s nice to see another Canadian coming on the trip! Are you flying out of Toronto then? I haven’t booked my flight yet (ie I haven’t actually received flying times yet). Maybe we’ll be on the same flight?

Katie

Default_avatar

Hey Katie,

Yes, I’m flying out of Toronto. My flight leaves on April 26th at about 7pm I think. I didn’t arrange my flight through Contiki though, I did it though a seperate travel agent. I had a friend who did this tour last summer and she said the flights through Contiki were kind of expensive and that she could have got a much cheaper one herself so I decided to just do it myself! Yah, that would be great! Have you decided if you want to go a few days before the tour starts? I’m looking forward to getting to see the sights of London before the tour starts!

Vanessa

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I haven’t decided what I am doing for flights yet. It was going to be cheaper to go through Contiki when I was looking into it but I haven’t taken a look at it lately. Maybe I’ll try to get on the same flight as you then we can sight see together :) I haven’t decided when I’m leaving Canada yet either – maybe I’ll try to do the 26th and then I’ll have the whole day on the 27th to tour around.

Katie

Default_avatar

Yah, that’d be fun :) It’d be nice to have someone to do the sight seeing with! Do we meet up with the rest of the tour group on the 28th? I’m glad I found this discussion, I had been looking on the Contiki facebook group but hadn’t really found anyone yet so I was getting worried I wasn’t going to get to talk to anyone else on the tour before going! It’s getting so close, I can’t wait!

Vanessa

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I believe we meet up on the 27th with everyone else at the hotel. I know we were talking about going out for drinks the first night and you’re welcome to join us :D

I didn’t even know there was a Contiki facebook group so maybe that’s why there aren’t many people on it.

I know it’s so close – I’ve started counting down :) I just have to finish up my last term at school first though :/

• 3 Feb 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

I am also going early to sight see London since we only kind of have one day there!!
    Cody

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion