Community_discussions_small  

Question

Whose going on the European Whirl 29-Apr-2012????

1 Sep 2011 Julee asked

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I have just booked and paid for the concept European Whirl Tour on the 29th of April 2012. Since im booking it so in advance obviously i have no idea whether it will be a definate departure or not. I REALLY hope it is!!! Who else is going on this date?

Cant wait :)

Julie

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Maybe we’ll have a group of people to sight see with :)

Vanessa – what is your flight number?

• 3 Feb 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Yah, I’d love that! Thanks :) I only heard about it through my friend because she said that was how she met people in her tour so I decided to try it but it obviously wasn’t as successful for me! I have been only counting down the months so far not the days, I’ll probably do that when it gets to the last month. So do I! I write my last exam 5 days before I leave hah I wanted to try and leave as soon as I possibly could!

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

My last exam is on the 20th so it’s a week for me. It’s coming faster than expected :D

What are you guys bringing for this trip?

Default_avatar

Yah! I feel like most people would be going early to sight see a bit! I am at school right now, but when I get home I will check and then let you know! Do you want to give me you e-mail so I can just send it to you through there? Like clothes wise? Or money wise?

• 3 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Both – clothes and money

Default_avatar

Just found the flight information! It’s with British Airways Flight BA92 and it leaves at 6:40pm on April 26th and then arrives in England on April 27th at 6:55am.

Clothes wise I am going to bring some shorts and jeans, a pair of like comfy/yoga pants, and mostly tank tops and one or two sweaters. Probably not a coat, I’ll just use one of my sweaters as a coat. And then a skirt and a couple nice shirts for going out! Money wise I will be bringing however much I can make up until that point. I am working 2 part time jobs right now so we will see how much I can make!

• 4 Feb 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

I am officially a tiny bit excited now. Who will be at Heathrow at 7:30am-ish on April 27? I’ll be there, zombified. If anyone wants to meet up for a stroll around London on April 28, give me a hoy.

Benjamin

• 4 Feb 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Hey Benjamin!
    I will be arriving at Heathrow at 7am on the 27th if you want to meet up!
    Vanessa

• 4 Feb 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

Vanessa,

Sounds like a plan.

B.

• 5 Feb 2012 Matt said

Matt

gday everyone!
    what sorta bag are ppl taking? like rucksacks/big backpacks or suitcases/ normal clothes bag? im a bit unsure… im not landing in heathrow until the 28th about lunch time i think. is every one stayn at the hotel contiki suggests the night before??
    cheers Matt

• 5 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I haven’t decided yet myself – I don’t really know what to bring either. I will be staying there yes – I think it’s included in the trip price.

Katie

• 5 Feb 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Hey Matt!
    I am going to be bringing a suitcase because it is either on the bus or in the hotel room! So I don’t have to worry about trying to carry it around all day or else I would be bringing a backpack. I will be bringing a normal backpack though for when we do walking tours and such to carry my camera and money and water!

Vanessa

• 6 Feb 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

suitcase for bus/hotel… daypack for on the tours and wherever else :)
    Are any of yous taking a laptop?? I keep going back and forth…

• 6 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking I might take my playbook just because it’s smaller but not a laptop

Default_avatar

yah… I am crazy about taking pictures.. I went to NYC for 3 days and took 700.. So I’m thinking I will be taking ALOT in 20 days!! I thought about taking it to transfer pics over to.. Might just buy extra memory cards.

• 6 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I’m thinking memory cards may be a great investment for you…
    I have to take more pictures on this trip seeing as I never took many before. There’s so much to see and learn in such a short time.

• 6 Feb 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

I’m not bringing a laptop either, but am also crazy about taking pictures. My birthday is in about a week so I asked for memory cards so that I can just keep switching them out once they get full!

Default_avatar

cool cool.. I already have 2 but thats only umm maybe 2000 pics.. may be taking more than that…. maybe get a third to be on the safe side!

• 6 Feb 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

Is anyone bringing an EU/UK power adapter? Cash passport or regular home-bank card? Does a less dorky alternative to a money belt exist?

• 6 Feb 2012 Matt said

Matt

yeh thanks vanessa i think ill do the same!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion