Community_discussions_small  

Question

Whose going on the European Whirl 29-Apr-2012????

1 Sep 2011 Julee asked

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I have just booked and paid for the concept European Whirl Tour on the 29th of April 2012. Since im booking it so in advance obviously i have no idea whether it will be a definate departure or not. I REALLY hope it is!!! Who else is going on this date?

Cant wait :)

Julie

• 24 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Yay – it’s great to see many people finding the thread and joining in the conversation :D

As for the flights, I’m going to meet up with the travel agent within the next couple of weeks to see what I can do.

• 24 Feb 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

Are people bothering with vaccinations or just winging it?

• 24 Feb 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I believe I have all the vaccines I need but I’m going to look into it :)

• 24 Feb 2012 Ben said

Default_avatar

Hey guys.

I’m Ben, I’m 23 and from Auckland, NZ. I’ve just booked my tickets for this tour. Exciting!

I’ve still got some questions: what sort of bags we take on these things? I’m thinking of a duffle bag and a backpack. How light do we pack? Do we get time to wash our clothes? I want to do some shopping so I’d want plenty of bag space!

See ya soon!

• 25 Feb 2012 Gareth1343827 said

Gareth1343827

Hey Ben…

I cant decide what bags to take either… Im thinking I’ll take a 60L duffel back with wheels and a backpack.
    You’ll definitely need a small sleeping bag, and can take a maximum of 20KG of luggage on the Contiki Bus. They encourage you to post things home that you purchase from gift shops, etc.
    Hope that helps…
    Its worth checking out all the Contiki FAQ’s, and even checking up on other people’s reviews of the same or similar tours so you know what to expect, what to do and what not to do. I’ve picked up some great tips from these.
    Only 64 Days till the tour leaves! So excited!!!

• 26 Feb 2012 courtney said

Default_avatar

hey, my and my sister hayley will be on this tour, we’re 21 and 23 from melbourne, cant wait for it to happen already :)

• 2 Mar 2012 Hamishwilson said

Hamishwilson

This will be a great tour, cant wait to meet everyone! where is everyone staying the night before the tour?

• 3 Mar 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

I’m staying up the road from the Royal National at Generator. It’s a little cheaper.

• 5 Mar 2012 Angela said

Angela

Hey guys!
    I’ll be on the tour too and I’m travelling with a friend. We’re both from Ontario, Canada.
    We’re flying out early in the week, spending a few days in Liverpool and then staying in London from the 27th on.
    The trip’s coming up so quick; I’m looking forward to meeting you all!
    -Angela

• 5 Mar 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Hey Angela!
    Both Katie (another girl in this discussion) and I are from Ontario as well! Where are you guys from in Ontario? Can’t wait to meet you guys!
    Vanessa

• 5 Mar 2012 MichaelofPerth said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone. I’m on this tour to. I’m from Perth, Australia. I’m arriving in London April 10. Will tour around London and still undecided other parts of the UK before coming back to London a day or two before our tour. Have some time to play with afterwards as well.

Look forward to meeting you all. We’ll have an awesome time!

Michael

• 26 Mar 2012 Ben said

Default_avatar

1 month to go guys, let’s see some excitement happening!

Has everyone gotten their contiki info packs yet?

Also, is anyone into running and would be keen to maybe go for some morning jogs? Assuming we aren’t aren’t hungover as fuck!

• 26 Mar 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Hey Ben!
    Just got my Contiki package about a week ago. Definitely made everything seem way more real.
    It’s basically the only thing getting me through school and work right now!

Vanessa

• 27 Mar 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

I havent recieved my packet yet!! grr.. hopefully soon! I may be up for running.. depends on how I feel. More than likely will be packing my running stuff :)

Cody

• 27 Mar 2012 Ben said

Default_avatar

Sounds great, I’ll probably just pack my running gear regardless.

Is anyone planning on doing much shopping? I hear Prague is the cheapest place on the tour for it (and drinks).

What about the optional extras? I figure that people are going to go for everything, but I might skip some of bigger things like paragliding in the interest of saving cash. I’m most excited for the fancy dinner and lunch shows and the bike ride through Switzerland :)

• 27 Mar 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

agree.. although what about the gondala rides in venice and whitewater rafting???? :) I’m in, I guess we can also decide when we get there. i wont be doing much shopping. However I will be taking pictures of EVERYTHING!! haha

• 27 Mar 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I do not have my contiki package yet…hopefully it’ll be here soon :)

I may be up for running (although I’m not much of a runner). I will be trying to do some crossfit training to keep up with that during the trip as well.

I am probably going to do most of the extras but I am going to keep the paragliding in there as well just because it seems so awesome! I’m not much of a shopper but I think I will be doing quite a bit on this trip and taking lots of pictures.

• 27 Mar 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I have yet to receive my package…maybe I’ll get it this week.

I may be up for running (although I’m not much of a runner). I will be trying to do some crossfit training to keep up with that during the trip as well.

I am probably going to do most of the extras but I am going to keep the paragliding in there as well just because it seems so awesome! I’m not much of a shopper but I have a feeling that I’ll be doing quite a bit on this trip and I have to take a ton of photos myself. I’m so excited :D

• 27 Mar 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

I’m probably doing most of the extras, but not the paragliding. I am excited for the white water rafting though! I’ll probably be doing quite a bit of shopping while on the trip, as well as taking pictures like everyone else. My friend went on this tour last year, and went to this crazy bar in Prague so I’m definitely going to be asking the tour guide about that so we can go there one night!

Also, I read earlier on in this discussion that someone mentioned bringing a small sleeping bag! When you get your Contiki package there is like a ticket that you give to the people in the Contiki basement when you met up for your trip and they actually give you a sleeping bag for the rest of the trip! Just don’t want anyone bringing a sleeping bag and taking up valuable space in their suitcase when they have one given to them!

Vanessa

• 27 Mar 2012 Tom said

Tom

I read somewhere(probs on contiki website) that you can buy them at the contiki basement on the cheap.

Ben – up for running, I’ll pack my gear. Although not sure how much running will be done if I’m hungover! Haha

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.