Community_discussions_small  

Question

Whose going on the European Whirl 29-Apr-2012????

1 Sep 2011 Julee asked

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

I have just booked and paid for the concept European Whirl Tour on the 29th of April 2012. Since im booking it so in advance obviously i have no idea whether it will be a definate departure or not. I REALLY hope it is!!! Who else is going on this date?

Cant wait :)

Julie

• 27 Mar 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

I’m up for brisk walking, but running is out of the question.

• 27 Mar 2012 MichaelofPerth said

Default_avatar

If only I knew they supplied them I wouldn’t have gone and bought my own sleeping bag 2 weeks ago.

I’m not really much of a runner. Does anyone know if any of the places we are staying at have gyms? I’ll most likely bring some gear if that’s the case. Provided I’m not too hung over of course. :)

The white water rafting looks awesome. I reckon I’ll be up for that.

• 27 Mar 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Michael – I have so items I got from a trainer that we can do if there is no gym. If you want, we can do them together :D

• 27 Mar 2012 Ben said

Default_avatar

You’re bringing some weights?! Surely your luggage allowance wouldn’t allow for it

I be interested in the gym too.

• 27 Mar 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

No it all uses body weight…for example, pushups, burpees, situps, squats, etc

• 27 Mar 2012 Ben said

Default_avatar

Haha, was kidding! Sounds great!

• 27 Mar 2012 Rach said

Rach

Yay!!!!!! I’m excited that other ppl want to exercise!!! I train 2 hours a day so I’m super keen :)

• 28 Mar 2012 Jase said

Jase

Hey Guys!!

My name is Jason and looks like i’ll be joining you guys on this trip! Im 26 and from Sydney, Australia.

Seeing as its about a month away, I’m actually starting to get pretty excited now!! I’m actually one of those people who don’t really get excited until the night before. But having a read through this thread, I CANT WAIT!! Im looking forward to meeting you all and sharing many laughs!

I’ll be in London from the 24th of April staying in the hotel next to (or above, not sure which) the Contiki place.

Ohh… And I’m pretty sure I’ll be giving the morning run a miss most days. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll give it a go. But I’ve accepted the fact that I’ll more than likely be hungover most of the mornings (if not STILL drunk). The only way I’ll get up for a run is if it’s to go get more alcohol… haha! Maybe a morning walk/stroll isn’t out of the question though…

See y’all soon!!!

• 28 Mar 2012 MichaelofPerth said

Default_avatar

Hahahaha. We may just end up being the fittest Contiki group in Europe at the time.

Welcome to the forum Jase.

• 28 Mar 2012 Rach said

Rach

Haha u gotta wait to see if we actually make it up each morning!!! u can just sleep on the bus

• 28 Mar 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

Welcome to the forum Jase.

Vanessa and I will be getting into London on the 27th and will be exploring that day. Maybe we’ll run into you early – we will be staying at the hotel contiki has booked for us for the first night.

• 28 Mar 2012 Namesake said

Namesake

At the campsite, one Contiki group will be doing normal Contiki things like puking in hedges and bolting out of strangers’ rooms wrapped in a bed sheet, and our group will be lifting dumbbells and doing cartwheels in the dark.

Jason, I’ll see you on the hungover-stroll circuit.

• 28 Mar 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

Yeahhhh Buddy.. This is gonna be one hell out an adventure! See all of you very soon! :) Touring London before the trip begins- I’m in.. I will be getting there the 27! We need to link up and do some cool shit!

Cody :)

• 29 Mar 2012 Explorer1305880 said

Default_avatar

Cody, are you staying at the Royal National Hotel? What time are you getting in on the 27th? Katie and I are meeting up at around 9:30am at the Contiki basement on the 27th and touring around London. You can meet up with us then if you will be there at that time :)

• 29 Mar 2012 Rach said

Rach

What kind of clothes is everyone taking?? winter or summer??

• 29 Mar 2012 Katie said

Default_avatar

I was going to try to bring a mix of clothing – it looks like temperature wise (degree) it should be about the same as it is in Canada

• 9 Apr 2012 MichaelofPerth said

Default_avatar

Hey crew,

I’m flying out to London first light tomorrow morning provided the fog holds off. I’ll be around London and other parts of the UK for 2.5 weeks and should be back in London the 27th or 28th. I’m happy to meet up beforehand and cruise around London if anyone’s up for it. Just flick me a PM. I’ll probably be able to show you some cools spots that I’ve been around. :)

Hope you’ve all had a great Easter break.

Michael

• 15 Apr 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

EXCITED for this adventure to begin!! Very close! Dress clothes anyone!? opinions on this?!?!

Also I am arriving in London on the 27th later that night around 10 at the Royal National! So I will be able to sight see the entire day of the 28th. Does this fit when you guys will be there?!?!

Cody

:)

• 15 Apr 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

I noticed when you check in online, there is a countdown it gives you. Mine is 14 days. I noticed some of yours were 12 days?! Is there possibly 2 different departure dates? I arrive in London the 27th at night and have unitl 6 am on the 29th to check in with the contiki basement. We then depart on the 29th at 6:45. Is this what yours is saying? Little confused.

• 16 Apr 2012 Explorer1353202 said

Default_avatar

figured it out… haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion