Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eastern Road- September 5

13 Aug 2008 Laurie in Canada said

Default_avatar
Has anyone been on this trip? or going on this trip? I'd love to hear from you!

lauriesamuels@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
Laurie, Ottawa, Canada
  • 13 Aug 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

Have been on exactly this trip but in reverse and with another tour company and LOVED it. I presume Contiki optionals are a bit different to the tour I did and Contiki dinners might be too but the sites seem identical on my tour and this one.

The countries are amazing and so full of history and culture. The sites we saw were things I’d only ever heard of or read about and it was awesome to be able to actually see them for myself.

Places like Poland, in particular, have come such a long, long way since the war – it’s now a vibrant city with heaps to see and do.

The Salt Mines were spun out and Auschwitz is something everyone should see at least once before they die. I do warn you though, there is one “house” there (they’re not houses, more like brick sheds, but I dont know what else to call them) anyway, this one in particular, where I absolutely lost control, burst into tears and really couldn’t get myself back together for a few minutes. Take time in between each shed to get yourself back together and take some tissues too.

Overall, loved Poland and Hungary – just got really good vibes from there and they were so cheap too because they’re still relatively untouched by tourism.

Longest (and hardest) day is Berlin to Warsaw for sure, was about 8-9 hours on the bus and it was killer. If you can get a flight home from Warsaw I’d probably can the last day; spend a few extra at the start in Berlin and few more at the end in Warsaw and go home from there.

Definitely do a night time cruise on the Danube in Budapest if you can too.

Feel free to ask more questions, if you like.

• 18 Aug 2008 T L said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I’ll be on the Eastern Road Sept 5. It’ll be my first contiki experience.

Looking forward to it,
    Tom

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.